GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+6
SensHulk
tim1_2
Lagoon
wprager
Flo The Action
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 38 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

In other news, the (perceived) thickness of my skin should but be used as an excuse for needlessly insulting someone. My opinion may be different from yours, but that is not an excuse.

I'm ok. I can live with the way I've behaved.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Tornado watch for Toronto. Mother Nature is not happy with the NHL decision?

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Ren Lavoie:

If everything is going according to plan,  NHL 20-21 season will start on December first. Training camps in November 17.

NHL UFA market should open on October 9 or 7 days after the end of the Stanley Cup Final.

This one is major in the new CBA: NHL UFA interview period won’t exist anymore.

Minimum salaries in the NHL over the next six seasons: 2020-21 $700,000 2021-22 $750,000 2022-23 $750,000 2023-24 $775,000 2024-25 $775,000 2025-26 $775,000

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Also, Devils hire Ruff as HC

I was wondering when he was gonna get another shot. he seems to do well with getting the most out OK teams.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Ren Lavoie:

If everything is going according to plan,  NHL 20-21 season will start on December first. Training camps in November 17.

NHL UFA market should open on October 9 or 7 days after the end of the Stanley Cup Final.

Minimum salaries in the NHL over the next six seasons:                       2020-21 $700,000 2021-22 $750,000 2022-23 $750,000 2023-24 $775,000 2024-25 $775,000 2025-26 $775,000

wait, when is the draft again? shouldn't the draft be before the FA period?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.tsn.ca/chris-pronger-leaves-florida-panthers-organization-1.1493366?tsn-amp

He says it's to spend more time on his high end travel business. Really? During a pandemic? If day he was pushed.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Ren Lavoie:

Minimum salaries in the NHL over the next six seasons:                       2020-21 $700,000 2021-22 $750,000 2022-23 $750,000 2023-24 $775,000 2024-25 $775,000 2025-26 $775,000

wait, when is the draft again? shouldn't the draft be before the FA period?

I don't think we have a firm date, yet. Phase 2 of the lottery will be done immediately at the completion of the play in round, but I don't think they have a date for the actual draft.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

October 2nd I believe

Edit: October 6th

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Apparently Vancouver is looking to move Boeser? I totally expect buffalo to sell the farm and include the 8th overall pick.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I was thinking along the same lines.

Meanwhile we have Game On, as the BoG and NHLPA have both ratified the RTP and CBA. Individual players have until 5pm Monday to opt out.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Could you imagine, though, Kevyn Adams trying to swing a deal like that? He's likely to get fleeced. He was "vice president and director of the Academy of Hockey at LECOM Harborcenter" - that's like running the SensPlex. Hardly qualified for a GM role.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Could you imagine, though, Kevyn Adams trying to swing a deal like that? He's likely to get fleeced.  He was "vice president and director of the Academy of Hockey at LECOM Harborcenter" - that's like running the SensPlex. Hardly qualified for a GM role.

I fully expect Vancouver to re-sign Toffoli, Pettersson and Quinn are going to get paid in two years, Virtanen and Stetcher are RFAs, and they will probably try to re-sign Tanev to an extension. They need to clear cap space. Buffalo also has a ton of cap space and several UFAs which most will end up walking (Frolik, Simmonds, Girgensons, etc). Buffalo could be really busy this off-season. They also have Ristolainen who wants out and a lot of teams will be looking for a RHD on a decent term.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Travis Hamonic is the first player to opt out. Hamonic's daughter was hospitalized last year with a respiratory (she was 8 months old so the time).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Stamkos has a new LBI and won't be participating fully at start of training camp.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The schedule is amazing once games resume on Aug 2. Games starting at noon everyday.
General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 10 Img_2010

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Working from home is going to be awesome. Plant my a$$ in front of the tv with a laptop. Going to be a good August

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sven Baertschi had opted out.

I'm guessing there will be between 10 and 20 players who opt out.

Last edited by wprager on Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I wonder how Habs management will feel if Domi opts out. I also wonder if Habs management may be pressuring him to do so.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 38 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum