GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020!

+4
wprager
tim1_2
Flo The Action
DefenceWinsChampionships
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 21]

286TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 20 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:00 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I think Lou made him an offer he literally could not refuse.  30 million?  Ok!
I don’t know that Pageau would have gotten that on the open market but who knows what his production looks like on the island. Sometimes it’s sign when you’re high.
Plus I’m sure him and his GF love the idea of living in NYC

I don't think he could have gotten any more money than that and it's now, as you say, he doesn't have to sweat UFA time. Can't really refuse that if you're Pageau.

287TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 20 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:25 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Going to be a dog fight in that metropolitan division. No guarantees the isles even make the playoffs with how the Canes loaded up. Big pushes from the Rags and a win tonight for the jackets and things will really start heating up. Should be a fun 20 games to watch

288TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 20 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:26 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Also not sure I understand anything that Toronto did today. They actually traded 2 dmen out and brought a LHD back in?

289TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 20 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:27 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Going to be a dog fight in that metropolitan division. No guarantees the isles even make the playoffs with how the Canes loaded up. Big pushes from the Rags and a win tonight for the jackets and things will really start heating up. Should be  a fun 20 games to watch
it would be pretty sweet if the Iles did miss them.
it's only top 3 protected. a pick in the 12-15 range could get us a very decent player. maybe even move up in the draft. although in the top 12 range it's increasingly harder to convince teams to do that.

290TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 20 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:34 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Trade all the seconds and the islanders pick for a top 10 pick if the isles miss the playoffs

291TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 20 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Also not sure I understand anything that Toronto did today. They actually traded 2 dmen out and brought a LHD back in?

What D-men (and Harpur doesn't count)?

292TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 20 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

#Isles watch.

293TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 20 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:40 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Someone please explain to me the Goodrow trade where SJ milked TB like a fat cow and got a 1st.

The Coleman trade is bad enough, this one is epic.

Explanation needed!

294TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 20 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:57 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I do it all the time in fantasy hockey. Dress a player up that you actually want to drop and add a pick to him. Ask for only a slighty better pick in return. It makes other GM’s think they are getting a deal because they are getting a player for only the difference between the two picks changing hands. It only works on amateur GM’s that are usually at the bottom of the standings.

295TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 20 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:17 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Also not sure I understand anything that Toronto did today. They actually traded 2 dmen out and brought a LHD back in?

What D-men (and Harpur doesn't count)?

Harpur and schmaltz out. Rosen in

296TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 20 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:19 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:Someone please explain to me the Goodrow trade where SJ milked TB like a fat cow and got a 1st.

The Coleman trade is bad enough, this one is epic.

Explanation needed!

Zero sense. TB the biggest losers of the deadline. Two firsts and a good prospect out the door. Two third liners and bogo in

297TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 20 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:20 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Trade all the seconds and the islanders pick for a top 10 pick if the isles miss the playoffs

Yupp. Do whatever you can to leverage the picks you have and move up

298TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 20 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:57 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Trade all the seconds and the islanders pick for a top 10 pick if the isles miss the playoffs
Overpayment. That’s a lot of seconds and a first. I think you could probably trade that first, and a couple of seconds and a maybe a lower pick to move into the top 10.
Even better. Might be able to slide a decent young prospect like abramov instead of a second

299TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 20 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:59 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:#Isles watch.
I feel better now that Parise is still in minny

300TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 20 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:30 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Mike johnson kept saying that Ottawa can't draft that many players, some of the picks will have to be traded etc. I say, why wouldn't you stockpile prospects from one of the deepest drafts in history? A lot of 2nd rounders will be akin to 1sts in other drafts. I would be careful trading those

301TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 20 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:45 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I feel bad for Pageau that he'll be stuck on a mediocre Isles team for the next 6 years, but happy that he cashed in.

Anyway, I was happy with what the Sens did overall, mainly because we got that 1st for Pageau.

It'll be great to stockpile some good young prospects this year and likely next year as well, and then in 2022 and beyond, we should be in a good position to trade picks/prospects to help bring in established NHLers to round out the roster and get us to "unparalleled success".

302TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 20 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:21 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Mike johnson kept saying that Ottawa can't draft that many players, some of the picks will have to be traded etc.  I say, why wouldn't you stockpile prospects from one of the deepest drafts in history?  A lot of 2nd rounders will be akin to 1sts in other drafts.  I would be careful trading those

It's a deep draft but the top 10 is special so I would try anything to get another top 10 pick.

303TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 20 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:24 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:Mike johnson kept saying that Ottawa can't draft that many players, some of the picks will have to be traded etc.  I say, why wouldn't you stockpile prospects from one of the deepest drafts in history?  A lot of 2nd rounders will be akin to 1sts in other drafts.  I would be careful trading those

Mike Johnson is wrong.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum