GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+7
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
Ev
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 63 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 59 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Actually, maybe not. Preds would definitely want a play-in, Winnipeg could only drop from W1 to W2, and Vancouver risks dropping out.

So only the Preds would push for a play-in.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:https://www.tsn.ca/talent/nhl-exploring-moving-draft-up-to-june-before-season-is-completed-1.1468686

Some of the issues to overcome if the draft is done before the season is over:

1. Standings (would have to be based on winning percentage or standings after 68 games, no changes based on playoff success).

2. One conditional pick is based on team winning Stanley Cup. Pick rid have to slide to 2021.

3. Draft day usually involves some trades. Clearly, players traded to a playoff team cannot be eligible for the playoffs. So should they even allow trades to happen? No trades between teams in/out of the playoffs? Allow any trades but only players on a team's 50-player roster at the deadline are eligible to play for that team?

4. Next season's cap is not set. How do you make trades not knowing where either the floor or the ceiling sits? (Cancelling all pre-draft trades fixed this.)

5. What about obvious "rental" players? If there are no playoffs at all, do teams get some sorry of compensation? Easiest solution is to have playoffs. But Vancouver traded two 2nds and two prospects for Toffoli and they are not in a playoff spot.

There s no appetite for this scenario

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:https://www.tsn.ca/talent/nhl-exploring-moving-draft-up-to-june-before-season-is-completed-1.1468686

1. Standings (would have to be based on winning percentage or standings after 68 games, no changes based on playoff success).

2. One conditional pick is based on team winning Stanley Cup. Pick rid have to slide to 2021.

3. Draft day usually involves some trades. Clearly, players traded to a playoff team cannot be eligible for the playoffs. So should they even allow trades to happen? No trades between teams in/out of the playoffs? Allow any trades but only players on a team's 50-player roster at the deadline are eligible to play for that team?

4. Next season's cap is not set. How do you make trades not knowing where either the floor or the ceiling sits? (Cancelling all pre-draft trades fixed this.)

5. What about obvious "rental" players? If there are no playoffs at all, do teams get some sorry of compensation? Easiest solution is to have playoffs. But Vancouver traded two 2nds and two prospects for Toffoli and they are not in a playoff spot.

There must be some, otherwise why would the NHL even explore it?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

There must be some, otherwise why would the NHL even explore it?

The NHL proposed it, the response wasn’t good. It’s all there in the article you posted.

Of course they are gonna propose scenarios of all kinds, so the pill won’t be too sour when they choose best scenario that won’t please everyone.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Blackhawks fired their CEO, John McDonough.

Maybe they figured that Anthony LeBlanc will be available in a couple of months.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Halak re-signs with the Bruins. 1 year, 2.25.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Halak re-signs with the Bruins. 1 year, 2.25.

good move for the Bruins.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:

I agree, but again, will differ to DefenceWinsChampionships for my final opinion.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I agree, but again, will differ to DefenceWinsChampionships for my final opinion.

I agree with this being a good signing, so Lagoon's opinion automatically defaults to this being a bad signing. For shame, Lagoon.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I accept that.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

did you guys saw those Jack Rodewald/Brendan Leipsic convo from instagram?

i know it's just private talk but i'm glad Rodewald isn't in this org anymore. doesn't seem like a good character guy or the type of guy to lead your culture on the farm team. not to mention the coke issues.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I mean, if anybody's private group chat went public, it wouldn't be a good look. That said, Leipsic's stuff was pretty filthy and he's obviously a complete bunghole.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I hope he enjoyed his time and experiences with the 5 or 6 teams he played with.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:I hope he enjoyed his time and experiences with the 5 or 6 teams he played with.

Good lord, his apology was beyond terrible as well. And the fact that he ripped on current teammates like Tom Wilson is just the icing on the cake. Nobody should give this plug a NHL contract ever again. I imagine he's gotta be fuming over whoever screenshotted their group chat, but he's quite clearly a terrible human being.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Dude, the majority of these guys are scum . He just got caught.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Dude, the majority of these guys are scum . He just got caught.

That’s right. And because of that, an example will be made of him. He’s a dime a dozen and two nickels can replace him. This one-year deal will be his last in my opinion.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Dude, the majority of these guys are scum . He just got caught.

That’s right. And because of that, an example will be made of him. He’s a dime a dozen and two nickels can replace him. This one-year deal will be his last in my opinion.

This seems like a daily thing in the NBA and NFL. Social media is providing a platform to call these guys out . He won't be back in the NHL, which sucks for him since every player does this

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

This seems like a daily thing in the NBA and NFL. Social media is providing a platform to call these guys out . He won't be back in the NHL, which sucks for him since every player does this

I wouldn't say "every player" does it to the extent that Leipsic has done it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 59 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 63 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum