GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+7
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
Ev
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 62 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 58 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:the thought just occurred to me that when we do end up resuming the season(or just starting the playoffs) this will likely be the healthiest playoffs we've had in recent NHL. so many players are going to have enough time to heal their wounds. should make it extra interesting.

Will they resume it?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:the thought just occurred to me that when we do end up resuming the season(or just starting the playoffs) this will likely be the healthiest playoffs we've had in recent NHL. so many players are going to have enough time to heal their wounds. should make it extra interesting.

Will they resume it?

You know our draft selections are going to be screwed, right?

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

They said they had full intention of finishing the season (didn't specifically say "regular season") and awarding the Cup.

There are so kinds of ideas going around from taking everyone's record at the 68 game mark, to going but winning percentage, to reducing the length of the preliminary rounds (I assume with the intent of finishing the regular season), top three in each Division getting a bye and the next four fighting it out for the last two spots in each Conference. Even heard someone suggesting a March Madness type of bracket.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I noticed also the "awarding the cup" choice of words was carefully chosen. that could mean a lot of things.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Will they resume it?

You know our draft selections are going to be screwed, right?

Exactly. Dammit!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:You met with people that work with a guy that is a confirmed case?

He worked in building C, they work in A. Plus I'm not even sure if he made it into the office after coming back from Austria.

He did go back to the office after Austria, which is why they're having everyone work from home for a while.

Anywaaaaaaaaaaaaay.......how about those sports, eh fellas?

3rd case confirmed among Ciena employees. Hope you and your friends are OK, Walter.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:You met with people that work with a guy that is a confirmed case?

He worked in building C, they work in A. Plus I'm not even sure if he made it into the office after coming back from Austria.

He did go back to the office after Austria, which is why they're having everyone work from home for a while.

Anywaaaaaaaaaaaaay.......how about those sports, eh fellas?

3rd case confirmed among Ciena employees.  Hope you and your friends are OK, Walter.

With Tim. Hope you guys are good

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Feeling fine, haven't heard anything from the others. I think one of the other infected was the original guy's wife. Could be wrong.

So now we know that a Senators player is the first NHL player officially tested positive for COVID-19. And the Senators just also happened to play the last game in the NHL. Weird coincidence.

So, who do you think it is? One of the young guys who go out places or someone like Boro who visits a lot of places for community involvement?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Feeling fine, haven't heard anything from the others.  I think one of the other infected was the original guy's wife. Could be wrong.

So now we know that a Senators player is the first NHL player officially tested positive for COVID-19. And the Senators just also happened to play the last game in the NHL.  Weird coincidence.

So, who do you think it is? One of the young guys who go out places or someone like Boro who visits a lot of places for community involvement?

It could be any of them. They used the same buses apparently as the NBA teams, etc.... Also, Hogberg came back from Sweden part way through the California swing, so he would've been through multiple airports using regular flights vs the charters that the team uses.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Feeling fine, haven't heard anything from the others.  I think one of the other infected was the original guy's wife. Could be wrong.

So now we know that a Senators player is the first NHL player officially tested positive for COVID-19. And the Senators just also happened to play the last game in the NHL.  Weird coincidence.

Some might say it's about time something "positive" comes out from the senators Sarcasm General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 58 164414

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:

Some might say it's about time something "positive" comes out from the senators Sarcasm General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 58 164414

slowclap Laughing3

- Unknown Author

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Zaitsev is the one infected.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Awful news from the Oilers. Colby Cave, who split his time this past season between the Oilers and Condors passed away this morning. He suffered a brain bleed earlier in the week and was placed in a medically induced coma after surgery to remove a colloid cyst that was putting pressure on his brain. He was 25 and newly married (less than a year).

RIP

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.tsn.ca/talent/nhl-exploring-moving-draft-up-to-june-before-season-is-completed-1.1468686

Some of the issues to overcome if the draft is done before the season is over:

1. Standings (would have to be based on winning percentage or standings after 68 games, no changes based on playoff success).

2. One conditional pick is based on team winning Stanley Cup. Pick rid have to slide to 2021.

3. Draft day usually involves some trades. Clearly, players traded to a playoff team cannot be eligible for the playoffs. So should they even allow trades to happen? No trades between teams in/out of the playoffs? Allow any trades but only players on a team's 50-player roster at the deadline are eligible to play for that team?

4. Next season's cap is not set. How do you make trades not knowing where either the floor or the ceiling sits? (Cancelling all pre-draft trades fixed this.)

5. What about obvious "rental" players? If there are no playoffs at all, do teams get some sorry of compensation? Easiest solution is to have playoffs. But Vancouver traded two 2nds and two prospects for Toffoli and they are not in a playoff spot.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Canucks are in an interesting situation. They are on the outside, tied with the Preds (games played, points, ROWs) and 2 back of the Jets, with 2 games in hand.

They don't get in on winning percentage, but rolling back to 68 games gets really interesting. Jets won their last 2 in regulation, so they drop to 76 points and 32 ROWs. Preds won their last game in regulation so they drop to 76 points and 31 ROWs. Vancouver won their last one in a shootout so they drop to 76 points and 32 ROWs. That would eliminate the Preds and leave the Jets and Canucks with the same number of points and ROWs. Next tiebreaker is points in head to head competition, omitting the first home game results for the team that has the extra home game. Canucks have only played 2 games against Winnipeg, both regulation losses, both on the road.  They were supposed to play them at home on March 15.

Technically that means they are behind even after dropping the results of the first game. But if they were to win the postponed game then it would go to the next tiebreaker - goal differential.

Jets are ahead by 2 (+13 vs. +11) but the two games to roll them back to 68 they won both 4-2, while Vancouver's 69th was a shootout win. Not sure if you get a +1 differential for a SOW but, even if you do, the swing would be 3 points, putting Vancouver in. Preds are put regardless.

You'd better believe they all want a play-in of some kind.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Actually, maybe not. Preds would definitely want a play-in, Winnipeg could only drop from W1 to W2, and Vancouver risks dropping out.

So only the Preds would push for a play-in.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:https://www.tsn.ca/talent/nhl-exploring-moving-draft-up-to-june-before-season-is-completed-1.1468686

1. Standings (would have to be based on winning percentage or standings after 68 games, no changes based on playoff success).

2. One conditional pick is based on team winning Stanley Cup. Pick rid have to slide to 2021.

3. Draft day usually involves some trades. Clearly, players traded to a playoff team cannot be eligible for the playoffs. So should they even allow trades to happen? No trades between teams in/out of the playoffs? Allow any trades but only players on a team's 50-player roster at the deadline are eligible to play for that team?

4. Next season's cap is not set. How do you make trades not knowing where either the floor or the ceiling sits? (Cancelling all pre-draft trades fixed this.)

5. What about obvious "rental" players? If there are no playoffs at all, do teams get some sorry of compensation? Easiest solution is to have playoffs. But Vancouver traded two 2nds and two prospects for Toffoli and they are not in a playoff spot.

There s no appetite for this scenario

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:https://www.tsn.ca/talent/nhl-exploring-moving-draft-up-to-june-before-season-is-completed-1.1468686

There s no appetite for this scenario

There must be some, otherwise why would the NHL even explore it?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 58 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 62 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum