GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+7
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
Ev
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 49 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Guess they decided to address the backup situation, first.

Andersen is listed as day-to-day but I think he's going to be out longer than expected. I am surprised they didn't go after someone like Martinez over Clifford tbh. They're going to end up paying dearly for defensive help, and may end up giving up assets to move Ceci for help.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Ceci has been placed on LTIR. That gives them cap room.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Ceci has been placed on LTIR. That gives them cap room.

"Ankle injury". Lol.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Supposedly Nurse is about to sign a 2 year contract that buys up his last two RFA years. Doesn’t sound like a winning endorsement from a player’s belief they can win in Edmonton

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So the cironovirus outbreak has shutdown factories in China which manufacture most of the sticks used in the NHL. This is getting to be a really big deal. Players have been instructed to use broken (fixed) sticks in practice.

Wow.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Liam Foudy will make his pro debut tonight for the Blue Jackets even though he plays for the London Knights and will be returned there shortly after. Dreams accomplished.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Who was that OHL goalie who got the callup last year? That dream turned into a nightmare pretty quickly.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Mikey DiPietro. Playing for the 67s at the time. They have loaded up for the playoffs hoping he would put them over the top on the way to the Memorial Cup. Instead he was nothing special during the playoffs and they lost to Guelph.

He's been ok but not great in the AHL this past year.

Of course it's much more pressure on a goalie, unfair comparison, really.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Another thing we're not talking about is the OIC and IIHF making major concessions to the NHL to try and get there NHL back for the Olympics.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Who was that OHL goalie who got the callup last year? That dream turned into a nightmare pretty quickly.

DiPietro

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

The Penguins just gave a boatload to Minnesota for Zucker.

Get the Diddle out of Ottawa Pageau. You are up Dorion. The table has been set.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Zucker is better and has 3 years left. I don't think this sets the table for JGP. I would trade him though because of Josh Norris' rise this year.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Zucker is better and has 3 years left. I don't think this sets the table for JGP. I would trade him though because of Josh Norris' rise this year.

Agree 100%. That Zucker trade was a hockey trade - not a rental trade. I don't think you can compare the two. But I am a little upset that Rutherford made that trade. He's one of the few GMs that have no problem parting ways with 1sts and I thought Pageau would be a good fit there.

And I agree that Norris can fit into Pageau's role as a 2C/3C with Tierney playing the opposite. Not a huge Tierney fan but he certainly has a use on this team. The question really becomes if Brown can transition into a 1C or 2C and push these guys down the lineup.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Wasn’t trying to compare a signed player to a UFA, just optics.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:Wasn’t trying to compare a signed player to a UFA, just optics.

Oh no, I agree with you 100%

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:Zucker is better and has 3 years left. I don't think this sets the table for JGP. I would trade him though because of Josh Norris' rise this year.

Agree 100%. That Zucker trade was a hockey trade - not a rental trade. I don't think you can compare the two. But I am a little upset that Rutherford made that trade. He's one of the few GMs that have no problem parting ways with 1sts and I thought Pageau would be a good fit there.

And I agree that Norris can fit into Pageau's role as a 2C/3C with Tierney playing the opposite. Not a huge Tierney fan but he certainly has a use on this team. The question really becomes if Brown can transition into a 1C or 2C and push these guys down the lineup.  

Let’s first see if Brown can ever be a top 6 C.
I’m not sure he’s got the speed or drive for the nhl.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Jay Bouwmeester had a cardiac incident on the bench last night during the first period. Game will be rescheduled

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's all been said already. If Pageau is not our 3LC in 2 years the rebuild has failed. And if he is our 3LC in 2 years we can't be paying him $4.5M.

But if they manage to sign him for $4.5x2 I'd be very tempted.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 49 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum