GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
Lagoon
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 47 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 28 of 67]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

So you guys are all saying no to my trade proposal?

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We can't take Lucic. His contract is too long. It wouldn't be the end of the world, since I doubt we end up near the cap in 2021 or 2022 if Melnyk is still around, but between him and Bobby, that's a lot of money spent on underperforming wingers.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I would do that for sure just to get another high pick

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I’d do it too. Would Edmonton?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:I’d do it too. Would Edmonton?
Probably not

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

To Ottawa: Lucic, Pulj, Benning, Yamamoto, EDM 2019 1st
To Edm: Ceci, Boedker, Harpur, Condon, OTT 2nd

If EDM wants out of the Lucic contract, they're going to have to pay for it. The term is too great to take nothing back. Either that or they take Ryan back as part of it somehow.

Only way I take on Lucic.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:I would do that for sure just to get another high pick

Ev, I am surprised by you. This is such a short-sighted decision. Say Puljujarvi ends up being another Filatov and bolts, or doesn't develop into anything greater than Balcers/Chlapik or whoever else we have. Let's write him off. You'd be okay taking Lucic's awful contract in exchange for Ceci and moving up 11 spots in the draft? You're mental.

Off the bat I'd keep Ceci over Lucic and Lucic's contract isn't worth moving up in a draft where players 5-20 are pretty much the same in terms of potential. Between Lucic and Ryan we'd own two of the worst contracts in the NHL. At least Ryan's is almost over but we'd have multiple years of Lucic being junk in exchange for 11 spots in a draft? Come on...

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:To Ottawa: Lucic, Pulj, Benning, Yamamoto, EDM 2019 1st

If EDM wants out of the Lucic contract, they're going to have to pay for it. The term is too great to take nothing back. Either that or they take Ryan back as part of it somehow.

This would wind up being the shortest NHL tenure in history and I hope Holland has a backdoor back to Detroit.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:I would do that for sure just to get another high pick

Ev, I am surprised by you. This is such a short-sighted decision. Say Puljujarvi ends up being another Filatov and bolts, or doesn't develop into anything greater than Balcers/Chlapik or whoever else we have. Let's write him off. You'd be okay taking Lucic's awful contract in exchange for Ceci and moving up 11 spots in the draft? You're mental.

Off the bat I'd keep Ceci over Lucic and Lucic's contract isn't worth moving up in a draft where players 5-20 are pretty much the same in terms of potential. Between Lucic and Ryan we'd own two of the worst contracts in the NHL. At least Ryan's is almost over but we'd have multiple years of Lucic being junk in exchange for 11 spots in a draft? Come on...

I wouldn't mind it because moving up 11 spots is actually a huge difference IMO. I would like to take the chance on JP and Lucic's contract goes down from $6 million to $4 million in salary next season (then $5M, then $4M). The cap hit would still be $6M but the Sens won't have cap issues for a long time (if ever under EM).

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:To Ottawa: Lucic, Pulj, Benning, Yamamoto, EDM 2019 1st

This would wind up being the  shortest NHL tenure in history and I hope Holland has a backdoor back to Detroit.

He can easily play, bury, or buyout Condon. Hell, maybe it even works out there for him. Harpur and Boedker are serviceable or worst case can be flipped for other assets. Then

Meanwhile he sends over Pulj who is not worth anything more than a 3rd line winger right now, and gives up Benning, Yamamoto, and their 1st to GET OUT OF LUCIC'S CONTRACT WHICH IS THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS TRADE!!!!. Plus maybe Ceci is good there.

Take out Yamamoto, do you do it?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:

This would wind up being the  shortest NHL tenure in history and I hope Holland has a backdoor back to Detroit.

He can easily play, bury, or buyout Condon. Hell, maybe it even works out there for him. Harpur and Boedker are serviceable or worst case can be flipped for other assets. Then

Meanwhile he sends over Pulj who is not worth anything more than a 3rd line winger right now, and gives up Benning, Yamamoto, and their 1st to GET OUT OF LUCIC'S CONTRACT WHICH IS THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS TRADE!!!!. Plus maybe Ceci is good there.

Take out Yamamoto, do you do it?  

I understand the rational, I just don’t think Lucic is a player we want to take on unless he’s injured and won’t be playing the rest of his contract out. It’s just still too long. I’m not sure Edmonton will find anyone for his contract.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I agree, I think Lucic is almost untradeable. I could see a swap of Lucic for Eriksson with a sweetener in there for Vancouver, but Van is DONE with Eriksson as well, so it may just happen one for one.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:I agree, I think Lucic is almost untradeable.  I could see a swap of Lucic for Eriksson with a sweetener in there for Vancouver, but Van is DONE with Eriksson as well, so it may just happen one for one.

If Phaneuf can be traded (twice) anyone can be traded. His contract isn't that bad for Ottawa but it's not something they need to do. it is something EDM needs to do hence the high price.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PTFlea wrote:I agree, I think Lucic is almost untradeable.  I could see a swap of Lucic for Eriksson with a sweetener in there for Vancouver, but Van is DONE with Eriksson as well, so it may just happen one for one.

If Phaneuf can be traded (twice) anyone can be traded. His contract isn't that bad for Ottawa but it's not something they need to do. it is something EDM needs to do hence the high price.

Phaneuf got traded for a similar piece of Dung, so yeah, I guess if they can do Eriksson + 3rd or whatever for Lucic, maybe, but that's almost the only thing I see.

Plus, if LA did their homework, they wouldn't have made that deal because Gaborik was DONE and could have gone on their long term IR. And not only was Phaneuf DONE as well, he needed to be bought out.

All Sens fans knew he was done. I loved him on our run to the ECF (and the year), but the next year he was trash. So slow and crappy.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well I won't be home to watch the draft tonight. I feel that it's been a bit underwhelming in recent years (i.e. not a lot of trades), but maybe that changes tonight. There's always so many rumours floating around and then very little seems to actually happen. If I had one wish for tonight, it's that Ceci gets traded.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Well I won't be home to watch the draft tonight.  I feel that it's been a bit underwhelming in recent years (i.e. not a lot of trades), but maybe that changes tonight.  There's always so many rumours floating around and then very little seems to actually happen.  If I had one wish for tonight, it's that Ceci gets traded.

Two wishes:

1) Ceci gone
2) Don't draft a LHD

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Well I won't be home to watch the draft tonight.  I feel that it's been a bit underwhelming in recent years (i.e. not a lot of trades), but maybe that changes tonight.  There's always so many rumours floating around and then very little seems to actually happen.  If I had one wish for tonight, it's that Ceci gets traded.

Two wishes:

1) Ceci gone
2) Don't draft a LHD

If they draft a lefty then you know what huge trade pieces they think we have in either brun or wolanin.

But yeah, I dont see it.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Funny thing is there are 4 LHD commonly predicted to go right around 19. I’d be fine with Harley. He’s almost a year younger than most in this class.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 28 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 47 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum