GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Playoff predictions

+5
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
PTFlea
Flo The Action
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 18]

181Playoff predictions  - Page 13 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Sun May 05, 2019 11:47 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Crazy Boston-Columbus game. Someone tweeted the first 2 periods were like the first 2 episodes of the last season of Game of Thrones, and the third read like The Battle of Winterfell.

Dark and badly directed?

182Playoff predictions  - Page 13 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Sun May 05, 2019 6:37 pm

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:Any y'know...Good for Dallas.  They've stuck with the same core for a while and are finally seeing some success with them...kind of like Washington on a lesser scale.

Was hoping Dallas would win today to give Ottawa a better draft pick. Oh well. Game 7 it is.

183Playoff predictions  - Page 13 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Mon May 06, 2019 10:30 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:Crazy Boston-Columbus game. Someone tweeted the first 2 periods were like the first 2 episodes of the last season of Game of Thrones, and the third read like The Battle of Winterfell.

Dark and badly directed?

I didn't find it that dark, but maybe I have the brightness on my TV set higher than most people or something. I quite enjoyed that whole episode.

184Playoff predictions  - Page 13 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Mon May 06, 2019 9:34 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Huge game by Boston tonight. More importantly, our Columbus 1st rounder stays in the 4th tier of prospects available this draft.

185Playoff predictions  - Page 13 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Mon May 06, 2019 9:45 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Noice

186Playoff predictions  - Page 13 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Tue May 07, 2019 1:11 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

What a game in Denver.

Come on Colorado and Dallas, go get your upcoming game 7 wins.

Come on boys, give the Sens 17th overall.

187Playoff predictions  - Page 13 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Tue May 07, 2019 5:59 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev builds on his lead. He's the only one who picked Boston and he picked them in 6.

Kyle Bukauskas interviewed Marchand after the game and got 1-2 word answers to all his questions. That was in retaliation to an earlier interview where Kyle's last question was "Did you get your skate sharpened?" after that stuck stomping incident the game before. Marchand can sure dish it out but he can't take it.

188Playoff predictions  - Page 13 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Tue May 07, 2019 8:08 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Ev builds on his lead. He's the only one who picked Boston and he picked them in 6.

Kyle Bukauskas interviewed Marchand after the game and got 1-2 word answers to all his questions. That was in retaliation to an earlier interview where Kyle's last question was "Did you get your skate sharpened?" after that stuck stomping incident the game before. Marchand can sure dish it out but he can't take it.

Marchand's just the worst.

I feel bad for Columbus, but that's how it goes.

Wish I had stayed up for that Colorado/San Jose game, but it's great we get another game 7 to enjoy.

189Playoff predictions  - Page 13 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Tue May 07, 2019 12:00 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Ev builds on his lead. He's the only one who picked Boston and he picked them in 6.

Wish I had stayed up for that Colorado/San Jose game, but it's great we get another game 7 to enjoy.  

I don't know if I am cheering for or against SJ. As far as the pick goes, I believe they get another 1st if both these conditions are met:
- SJ wins the cup; and
- Karlsson is re-signed

I just can't see both those conditions being met. But the possibility of having 3 first rd picks next season (Ott, SJ, and maybe Clb) and two the year after (Ott, SJ) would be awesome.

190Playoff predictions  - Page 13 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Tue May 07, 2019 12:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I like what transpired in Columbus. We get a nice pick, they must feel Duchene is a natural fit. Let's get another first.

191Playoff predictions  - Page 13 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Tue May 07, 2019 1:41 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

I don't know if I am cheering for or against SJ. As far as the pick goes, I believe they get another 1st if both these conditions are met:
- SJ wins the cup; and
- Karlsson is re-signed

I just can't see both those conditions being met. But the possibility of having 3 first rd picks next season (Ott, SJ, and maybe Clb) and two the year after (Ott, SJ) would be awesome.
We get two extra first of the win the cup and Karlsson resigns? They must be individual events for each pick I take it. I’m gonna start cheering for SJS if that’s the case.

192Playoff predictions  - Page 13 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Tue May 07, 2019 1:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, what's the picks with San Jose. I'll never get that straight

193Playoff predictions  - Page 13 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Tue May 07, 2019 2:17 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:Yeah, what's the picks with San Jose.  I'll never get that straight

My understanding was there were two conditional 1st rd picks:

1) If Karlsson is traded to the Eastern conference; and
2) SJ wins the cup and SJ re-signs him.

He was not traded to the east, and they need to win the cup and re-sign him.

194Playoff predictions  - Page 13 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Tue May 07, 2019 2:29 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't see SJ resigning Karlsson. He's been playing much better for them lately, but injuries are a concern, and they already have Vlasic and Burns.

195Playoff predictions  - Page 13 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Tue May 07, 2019 2:34 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:I don't see SJ resigning Karlsson.  He's been playing much better for them lately, but injuries are a concern, and they already have Vlasic and Burns.  

I think SJ takes a big step back next year. They'll lose Karl and Jumbo, Pavelski needs a new contract, Nyquist may leave, and lots of RFA/UFAs. The good thing for them is the Sens didn't get any of their good prospects (Meier, Labanc, Chmevelski, etc) so they will be fine in a year or two. They should have been out in the first rd had it not been for a BS penalty call. Hoping their pick next year is a lottery pick

196Playoff predictions  - Page 13 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Tue May 07, 2019 4:13 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I don't see SJ resigning Karlsson.  He's been playing much better for them lately, but injuries are a concern, and they already have Vlasic and Burns.  

I think SJ takes a big step back next year. They'll lose Karl and Jumbo, Pavelski needs a new contract, Nyquist may leave, and lots of RFA/UFAs. The good thing for them is the Sens didn't get any of their good prospects (Meier, Labanc, Chmevelski, etc) so they will be fine in a year or two. They should have been out in the first rd had it not been for a BS penalty call. Hoping their pick next year is a lottery pick
I could maybe see them failing to make the playoffs but there’s gonna need a lot of things for them to be in the bottom 10 of the league.

197Playoff predictions  - Page 13 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Tue May 07, 2019 5:44 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:

- SJ wins the cup; and
- Karlsson is re-signed

One minor correction. The Sharks don’t have to win the Cup, they just need to make the finals and re-sign Karlsson.
I will definitely be fine with the Columbus pick staying in the 18 or 19 spot dependent on Dallas winning game 7 if it means San Jose making the Cup Finals and giving us another 1st if they can re-sign Karlsson. 1 spot difference this season for an extra 1st in 2021. I’ll take that. With that said, I don’t see Karlsson staying in San Jose.

198Playoff predictions  - Page 13 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Tue May 07, 2019 9:34 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

- SJ wins the cup; and
- Karlsson is re-signed

One minor correction. The Sharks don’t have to win the Cup, they just need to make the finals and re-sign Karlsson.
I will definitely be fine with the Columbus pick staying in the 18 or 19 spot dependent on Dallas winning game 7 if it means San Jose making the Cup Finals and giving us another 1st if they can re-sign Karlsson. 1 spot difference this season for an extra 1st in 2021. I’ll take that. With that said, I don’t see Karlsson staying in San Jose.
I’d rather he stay in SJS than somehow wind up in Tampa.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum