GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT#23: Senators @ Stars: 8:00 PM, Nov 23

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I've lost track of what the lineup generally looks like, and I dunno who will start in goal tonight other than to assume that it will be Anderson.  This one could be a high-scoring affair.

The number of goals the Sens have given up is incredible.  Like 30 more than most teams.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That's a bit of a hyperbole. There are 14 teams who have given up 30 or more fewer goals. There are 16 who have given up fewer than 30 more. "Most" is fake news.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

My guess is he'll go with 7D and both Jaros and Harpur will play on the right side.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:That's a bit of a hyperbole. There are 14 teams who have given up 30 or more fewer goals. There are 16 who have given up fewer than 30 more. "Most" is fake news.

It ain't far off, my friend. And probably will be true in about 12 hours.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I was being facetious.

Could be a really short bench. White and Ryan left practice early and Boro didn't skate at all. No callups and we lost Wideman.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

White out, McCormick in. Anderson starts. But does Anderson finish?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What's White's problem??

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This is one of the worst defensive teams I've seen in years. Giveaway central, lost assignments, puck watching, everything you want to avoid lol.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Maybe a 7D wasn't the problem in the first place. Shocking. At this point how can you not call out coaching? Crawford is in charge of the D. Is he also in charge of making Ceci the shutdown guy? Boucher fixed the PP. Our offense, overall, is fine. But even the 80s Oilers didn't give up 20+ shots per period on a regular basis.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Or did they?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Even so, 53 shots with .914 gives you 5 goals, she it's the Sens pulling the goalie in the final minute instead of the other way around. And if Pekka Rinne and his .944 is tending them it's a 4-3 win.

They've pretty much stopped trying to block shots. Only one guy in the team blocks more than 2.0 per game and that's Ceci with 2.1. probably because he's not quick enough to get out of the way. And they're still leading the league.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Make a trade with Carolina for a dman and a goalie. Id offer any of boedker, Chlapik, brown, Balcers, haprur, McCormick, paajarvi, Smith, pageau, Paul or tychonik

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Hard after Hamilton or Faulk (RHD) and Mrazek. I'd be willing to give up Brown + to make it happen

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'd then go after Merrill from LV

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:That's a bit of a hyperbole. There are 14 teams who have given up 30 or more fewer goals. There are 16 who have given up fewer than 30 more. "Most" is fake news.

It ain't far off, my friend.  And probably will be true in about 12 hours.

Yep. It's kind of silly at this point. Anderson faced over 50 shots. We all knew defense was the weakest spot on the team going into this season...I didn't think it would be this bad. And how are we facing this many shots and blocking next to none as Walter pointed out? Yikes.

As others are saying, we will need to improve our D via trade or free agency in the off-season. There's not much point rushing a move right now unless the deal is right.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum