GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+9
Oglethorpe
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
Ev
wprager
Flo The Action
Hockeyhero22000
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I said he is not going to continue being the highest scoring center on the team. Not sure what you disagree with.

Hoffman was not very good defensively but he was still a game-breaker, which Boedker is not. Hoffman got people in the seats (and out of them); no-one pays money to watch a defensively responsible forward. Also it's pretty much a forgone conclusion that Dorion took less to move him out West, and he lost big when Wilson moved him right back to the Atlantic.

As for Karlsson, of course it's a given that he wasn't going to sign here, so if you take that into account it's a win. But if you are trading a once-in-a-generation type player under 30 you are not winning anything.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nick Paul and Jaros returned to Belleville today. The Sens somehow don't play again until Saturday.....

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Nick Paul and Jaros returned to Belleville today.  The Sens somehow don't play again until Saturday.....

I’d be so discouraged if I was nick Paul.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I have a man crush on tkachuk and want to say how wrong I was complaining about not getting zedina as I had no basis for saying anything.

This kid is what it's all about!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nick Paul's time has passed him by. He's a fringe NHLer, but at least can have a long career in the AHL.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

I think Paul and Jaros were sent Down to Belleville since they play their opener tomorrow and Ottawa doesn't play until saturday they had to activate McCormick to reach the 18 active players needed

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote: I said he is not going to continue being the highest scoring center on the team. Not sure what you disagree with.

Hoffman was not very good defensively but he was still a game-breaker, which Boedker is not.  Hoffman got people in the seats (and out of them); no-one pays money to watch a defensively responsible forward.  Also it's pretty much a forgone conclusion that Dorion took less to move him out West, and he lost big when Wilson moved him right back to the Atlantic.

As for Karlsson, of course it's a given that he wasn't going to sign here, so if you take that into account it's a win.  But if you are trading a once-in-a-generation type  player under 30 you are not winning anything.

I am not disagreeing with you... On any of the above.

As for Nick Paul, he had his chances over the years. It goes to show how fine the line in between being an NHLer and an AHLer. It comes down to seizing opportunities. Lazar is another great example. He had his chances and he blew it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tkachuk will miss a month. Torn ligament in his leg.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Do this happen in an earlier game? I remember him going for a hit, and wincing when his leg hit the boards, then skater away not putting much weight on (I think) his right leg.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's a ligament in his ankle, from a hit he threw in the last game. No surgery needed.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Wonder who they are going to call up there has been a decent number of injuries in Belleville too.
"Joining Brown on the disabled list are — take a deep breath — Jim O’Brien (broken leg, six months); Filip Chlapik (twisted ankle, day to day); Marcus Hogberg (unspecified, but returning “no time soon,” according to Mann); Ben Sexton (unspecified, two to three weeks); and Andrew Sturtz (lower body, three to four weeks). Aaron Luchuk, who had been with Brampton in the ECHL, is also out with a concussion" as per Ken Warren

Last edited by Hockeyhero22000 on Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That sucks. 15 games or so I guess. Damn. Depending on our record that would dictate whether he stays up or goes down. If they somehow blow the next month, like worst team in the league type bad, then I guess send him down not to waste the year.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Wonder who they are going to call up there has been a decent number of injuries in Belleville too.
As per Ken Warren

depends if Dzingel is back or not. If he is I don't think they'll call anyone else up expect Paul as insurance.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

God damn, why can't the Hockey Gods have just thrown us a bone and let us enjoy Tkachuk? Poor kid, that sucks.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Ev is right Mendes just said that Dzingle and McCormick should be back for the Habs game

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Dzingel can slide into his spot or they move Boedker down. It obviously sucks but the team will need to move on without him.

I'm excited to see how Balcers and Batherson continute to play with both Brown and Chlapik injured.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

And 3-4 weeks ends up being around 12 games. Hurts his Calder chances for sure

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's harsh. Man

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next