GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+9
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
spader
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
Flo The Action
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 63 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Toronto doesnt look great. I think they're gonna feel it this year .

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Toronto doesnt look great.  I think they're gonna feel it this year .

I can totally see a Dung show developing in Toronto with players vying for a bigger piece of salary. they say it doesn't affect morale but it will. once they can't compete because more than half the salary is being eaten up by 4 guys.

I think they also think this is the year they win the cup because they are in cap hell after. still, don't see how they're better than last year. still not an amazing D, slightly above average G and slightly irresponsible firepower upfront.

great regular season material but not so in the playoffs.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bill Guerin as Minnesota GM.

I dunno. Unproven I guess but I thought Poile was gonna be a slam dunk of a GM.
I'd still argue that he might have had some ideological differences in direction with ownership.

will be interesting if not entertaining to see what Bill tries to pull to make the wild into a contender in the short run.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So it was reported that Brassard was going to Edmonton and he surfaces going to the Isles?
How delicious Sarcasm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:Bill Guerin as Minnesota GM.

I'd still argue that he might have had some ideological differences in direction with ownership.

will be interesting if not entertaining to see what Bill tries to pull to make the wild into a contender in the short run.

Did I miss Poile getting fired?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Bill Guerin as Minnesota GM.

Did I miss Poile getting fired?

Sorry. I ment Fenton. I get them mixed up.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I had to look it up lol. I dont look at news that much in the off season and thought he was gone

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:I had to look it up lol.  I dont look at news that much in the off season and thought he was gone
If poile was fired held already be sitting in another team GM chair.

Probably one of the top 5 GM in the league.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wonder what’s going to happen to Gardiner. He’s onna have to take a massive pay cut from what he is hoping and a one year deal.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I had to look it up lol.  I dont look at news that much in the off season and thought he was gone

No ring though. That's a big thing.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

No ring though.  That's a big thing.

I don’t know. I tend to find rings are overrated in many cases. Wether it be coaches or GM’s. There’s 31 teams(soon to be 32) and there are so many variables over why a team wins every year. I think GM play a part as to why teams win but not an overarching role.

Stan bowman won three cups in Chicago as assistant and then GM. Was it on him? No more his predecessor and the quality of the drafting before him than really him. If anything Stan hasn’t help Chicago stay contenders.
Rutherford. 3 cups/2 teams. He should get more credit for Carolina than Pittsburg. Even though no one saw Carolina winning.

I think a good GM is essential to assembling a good drafting staff and a good team but they rarely stick around long enough to see the fruit of their labour and the following GM earns the ring.

There might be a case to be made more for coaches but we rarely see coaches go from team to team and win cups. Like GM’s there’s a number of factors.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh definitely, but still..it's a chink in the armor

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Disagree. Most GMs never win. There is only one winner per year. I think it's a crapshoot and other factors like city, taxes, and draft luck play in.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I guess. That's a tough argument either way. It's obviously the point of playing and managing, but it's certainly tough.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Kuznetsov suspended from IIHF events for 4 years for cocaine. If these suspensions happened in the NHL, I think you’d only have 1 on 1 games between Rocco Grimaldi and Dan Hamhuis. I was going to say Fisher too, but he is retired. Interesting to note how devout the Predators are actually.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Disagree. Most GMs never win. There is only one winner per year. I think it's a crapshoot and other factors like city, taxes, and draft luck play in.

Yeah, cities and taxes are another factor I forgot.
Not to mention “constraints put in by ownership”

Of course there are some GMs that will never win because they are crap.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Kuznetsov suspended from IIHF events for 4 years for cocaine. If these suspensions happened in the NHL, I think you’d only have 1 on 1 games between Rocco Grimaldi and Dan Hamhuis. I was going to say Fisher too, but he is retired. Interesting to note how devout the Predators are actually.

Yeah, agree. But is there enough done to curtail the use of cocaine in the NHL? I woke up this morning wondering what happened to Ribeiro and now this comes out.

I’m not foolish to think cocaine isn’t something that can be found in all walks of society but it Can become a destructive for many people and tends to tail spin out of control much faster than alcoholism.
Seems like it’s become more acceptable and more widespread amongst youth in the last 15 or so years.

I’m not for the level of criminalization of drugs for offenders under which we live but I feel like there’s not enough done to desuade young people of taking these hard drugs.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

What about the decriminalization of weed?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 63 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum