GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+9
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
spader
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
Flo The Action
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Why we didn't re sign Gibbons is well beyond me.

Really no room for him. He's likely an AHL player this season

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I imagine Pageau, Boedker, Ennis, and maybe even Tierney are gone at the deadline. Maybe even Duclair if he has a good season though I can see the Sens holding on to him.  

I am cautiously excited to be a Sens fan come March/April. Until then, tank for Laf (or Byfield)

Tierney and Duclair should be kept because they are RFA, no rush to trade them. Tierney wouldn't cost too much on his next deal since he won't score a lot of goals (I imagine).

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:On that note, a lot of people seem to be really high on both Davidsson and Abramov (others not on Abramov). I don't know much about either aside from Davidsson being the last cut in Clb last year, and Abramov having a high ceiling.

Are both these guys dark horses to make the Sens out of camp?

I really doubt Abramov makes the team out of camp. I'm not convinced he'll ever be a regular NHLer, but there is some talent there. He was not very impressive with Belleville to finish the season last year.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:On that note, a lot of people seem to be really high on both Davidsson and Abramov (others not on Abramov). I don't know much about either aside from Davidsson being the last cut in Clb last year, and Abramov having a high ceiling.

I really doubt Abramov makes the team out of camp.  I'm not convinced he'll ever be a regular NHLer, but there is some talent there.  He was not very impressive with Belleville to finish the season last year.

He was one of the best players at dev camp however and it was his first pro year. Way too early to write somebody off, and the skill and energy is there.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:That’s been happening more and more lately, but by the time people realize our recent reaches amounted to nothing, Dorion will be scouting for the 67’s.

I wonder if that’s why he prefers the safe bets. The reaches haven’t panned out all too often.

I’m worried about our pro scouting also. Abramov seems like a pro pick that was also questionable.

Abramov wouldn’t be pro scouting as much as amateur imo , they would have followed him for years as a prospect. IMO the pro scouting has been better lately, I like the trades we made this summer and a few guys last year like Gibbons etc

Gibbons is a dime a dozen player and it would shock me if the Sens even asked for him. Some trades are simply about other organizations simply wanting to give one of their players they don’t have room for a chance elsewhere.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:

I really doubt Abramov makes the team out of camp.  I'm not convinced he'll ever be a regular NHLer, but there is some talent there.  He was not very impressive with Belleville to finish the season last year.

I’m not a fan of him at all. I don’t need to keep repeating it however.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:That’s been happening more and more lately, but by the time people realize our recent reaches amounted to nothing, Dorion will be scouting for the 67’s.

I wonder if that’s why he prefers the safe bets. The reaches haven’t panned out all too often.

I’m worried about our pro scouting also. Abramov seems like a pro pick that was also questionable.

Abramov wouldn’t be pro scouting as much as amateur imo , they would have followed him for years as a prospect. IMO the pro scouting has been better lately, I like the trades we made this summer and a few guys last year like Gibbons etc

Gibbons is a dime a dozen player and it would shock me if the Sens even asked for him. Some trades are simply about other organizations simply wanting to give one of their players they don’t have room for a chance elsewhere.

Agree with that, just think the pro scouting has been trending in the right direction. It won't matter too much right now as amateur scouting should be the priority.

I have to say I'm getting more excited for camp then I thought I would just to see the prospects.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Davidsson should probably spend his first year in NA in the AHL in my opinion. He needs to stay healthy and shake his concussion concerns as well. He has a good base of useful skills but needs to develop them this year with long stretches of consistent play or he’s another one that may just give up his hockey dream to injuries.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

He was one of the best players at dev camp however and it was his first pro year. Way too early to write somebody off, and the skill and energy is there.

I’m not writing him off, I just have my doubts. The good things he has going for him is immense skill and his size as odd as that sounds. Smaller players rarely jump from dominating Junior like he did to success in the AHL. It takes longer for them to adjust to the new level of size and speed in the A versus Junior.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Agree with that, just think the pro scouting has been trending in the right direction. It won't matter too much right now as amateur scouting should be the priority.

I have to say I'm getting more excited for camp then I thought I would just to see the prospects.

I’m not excited. More excited for one of my fantasy drafts which starts September 14th.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I’m not excited. More excited for one of my fantasy drafts which starts September 14th.

I'm excited for fantasy football Smile

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'm curious to see what Abramov can do, personally. 16 goals in his first pro year isn't bad, and he is only 21. He may be that guy in Belleville who comes in and figures it out after a year of a pro off-season. And playing with one of Brown or Norris, we could see his numbers jump up quite a bit.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

at any rate, whether prospects make the team or not, it will be very interesting to watch and follow both Ottawa and Belleville this year. Both teams should offer a competitive environment for prospects to develop and take strides. There won't be any dreams of making the playoffs for Ottawa but it could be a different story for Belleville. A few of the returning prospects are expecting to take big steps and a few of the new ones will try and impress.

I'm not sure how much Belleville I'll actually get to watch, might make it to a couple of games in Montreal but it will be fun to follow.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I hope you don’t already own Luck.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I hope you don’t already own Luck.

Our draft is Thursday, thankfully!

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Merkley is such a headcase. Peterborough is trying to trade him away now too before the season.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What's his deal?

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:What's his deal?

He’s moody. He’s the bad kind of cocky. Selfish on the ice. Has anger issues and can’t control his emotions. Lastly, nothing is ever his fault. The weird thing is, all these things only come out when he enters the arena.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum