GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+9
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
spader
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
Flo The Action
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 52 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Yes, the Sabres are looking better and better with each transaction they make (exception being the Skinner signing). I still have some doubts with their center depth (Mittlestadt is their 2C), but there aren't a lot of glaring holes otherwise on their roster.

Just wait until they get a King’s ransom for Ristolainen. It will almost be on the Rangers level of quick rebuild after seeming to stall for a couple years.

A couple?

It's amazing what good ownership can do. The Sens could have turned this all around by now given the number of mid-to-high end prospects and draft picks in the system.

Happy for Buffalo. They've been in the toilet for long enough. Not even they deserve awful Sabres and Bills teams.

We do need good ownership, but the Buffalo teams are basically examples of rich owners not leading to anything noteworthy on the field/ice. Perhaps the Sabres are turning the corner now though.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Yes, the Sabres are looking better and better with each transaction they make (exception being the Skinner signing). I still have some doubts with their center depth (Mittlestadt is their 2C), but there aren't a lot of glaring holes otherwise on their roster.

Just wait until they get a King’s ransom for Ristolainen. It will almost be on the Rangers level of quick rebuild after seeming to stall for a couple years.

A couple?

It's amazing what good ownership can do. The Sens could have turned this all around by now given the number of mid-to-high end prospects and draft picks in the system.

Happy for Buffalo. They've been in the toilet for long enough. Not even they deserve awful Sabres and Bills teams.

We should be a playoff team every year. We should have kept Karlsson, Stone, Duchene etc. It's a damn shame.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Ferland to Vancouver.  Curious how much $$ he got on what is apparently a 4 year term.  20 million?

Think it was $15Mish.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

A couple?

We should be a playoff team every year.  We should have kept Karlsson, Stone, Duchene etc.  It's a damn shame.

It's why this organization won't get a cent of my money until the owner is gone

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Everyone has been saying the same about the sabres the past 3 years: they are getting better, watch out. I have been skeptical. Last year they lost ROR and Lehner. Eichel is still immature and apoor leader. How many coaches has he gotten fired already? New coach will take a bit of time to settle in, and if goaltending doesn't hold up they'll me mediocre again.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

A couple?

We do need good ownership, but the Buffalo teams are basically examples of rich owners not leading to anything noteworthy on the field/ice. Perhaps the Sabres are turning the corner now though.

I think they are and that is why I put in the caveat that they seem to be doing it right recently after floundering for some years prior.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

A couple?

We should be a playoff team every year.  We should have kept Karlsson, Stone, Duchene etc.  It's a damn shame.

It's why this organization won't get a cent of my money until the owner is gone

Same here. I think it has been two years for me and because it has been so long, other teams have grown on me.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Jump on the Calgary train! We're the best chance of a cup outside of barf barf TO. Yes I know there's Winnipeg but they need to get their Dung together first.

- Unknown Author

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Jump on the Calgary train!  We're the best chance of a cup outside of barf barf TO.  Yes I know there's Winnipeg but they need to get their Dung together first.

Not sure I could do another Canadian team. I travel to the States more often than I do Canada, so I’m really happy with Carolina, Detroit, Rangers and Colorado for now. Ottawa will always be my team, but there is literally nothing to cheer for until major changes happen. There is no point even getting behind our prospects as there is no evidence our young stars can be retained.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Anyone but Toronto and Colorado is fine by me. And I don't really want to see Montreal do well, just because I can be an bunghole. I also don't like the Rangers, Buffalo, Philly, Las Vegas, San Jose (suck 7 cocks Wilson), Boston, Tampa Bay (7 cocks for all of you!), Washington, Pittsburgh should be shot to the moon.

I'm ok with Florida, Columbus, Arizona and Carolina - because no one cares about them and I feel bad.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Anyone but Toronto and Colorado is fine by me.  And I don't really want to see Montreal do well, just because I can be an bunghole.  I also don't like the Rangers, Buffalo, Philly, Las Vegas, San Jose (suck 7 cocks Wilson), Boston, Tampa Bay (7 cocks for all of you!), Washington, Pittsburgh should be shot to the moon.

I'm ok with Florida, Columbus, Arizona and Carolina - because no one cares about them and I feel bad.

Yeah I do have a slight penchant for the underdog cities. Maybe not Florida though.

I’m gonna stay a Sens fan probably my whole life but it is getting hard getting excited about prospects long term as Lagoon stated. It feels like we might become a launching platform. The Chabot deal will be very telling I imagine.

Let’s just hope that Melnyk sells.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Anyone but Toronto and Colorado is fine by me.  And I don't really want to see Montreal do well, just because I can be an bunghole.  I also don't like the Rangers, Buffalo, Philly, Las Vegas, San Jose (suck 7 cocks Wilson), Boston, Tampa Bay (7 cocks for all of you!), Washington, Pittsburgh should be shot to the moon.

Yeah I do have a slight penchant for the underdog cities. Maybe not Florida though.

I’m gonna stay a Sens fan probably my whole life but it is getting hard getting excited about prospects long term as Lagoon stated. It feels like we might become a launching platform. The Chabot deal will be very telling I imagine.

It wont last forever, but it sucks right now yes. He promised he'd spend money by 2021, so we'll see if he stands by it.

I'm VERY curious about chabot's next deal. It will be telling. 8 x 8 means perhaps he is serious, anything else leads to disaster.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

It wont last forever, but it sucks right now yes.  He promised he'd spend money by 2021, so we'll see if he stands by it.

I'm VERY curious about chabot's next deal.  It will be telling.  8 x 8 means perhaps he is serious, anything else leads to disaster.

He also promised he’d spend when the time is right then we made the ECF and a goal away from the finals and he did.... cut back on spending. So I’m sorry but his word means jack.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

It wont last forever, but it sucks right now yes.  He promised he'd spend money by 2021, so we'll see if he stands by it.

I'm VERY curious about chabot's next deal.  It will be telling.  8 x 8 means perhaps he is serious, anything else leads to disaster.

Even if they do spend to the cap on a few years there’s no guarantee Chabot would want 8 years. Matthews started the 5 year trend.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Even if they do spend to the cap on a few years there’s no guarantee Chabot would want 8 years. Matthews started the 5 year trend.

I hope not. That seems to be for superstars or idiot gms that are used like a cheap whore like bergevin. There's no way Ottawa should let chabot dictate that and have him land in free agency, unless they absolutely have to.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I hope not.  That seems to be for superstars or idiot gms that are used like a cheap whore like bergevin.  There's no way Ottawa should let chabot dictate that and have him land in free agency, unless they absolutely have to.
I never understood the Matthews deal. He pretty much put him under contract until his first year of FA. With a superstar, where’s the benefit? Absolutely ridiculous in my opinion but maybe there’s a plan I don’t see/understand

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I hope not.  That seems to be for superstars or idiot gms that are used like a cheap whore like bergevin.  There's no way Ottawa should let chabot dictate that and have him land in free agency, unless they absolutely have to.
I never understood the Matthews deal. He pretty much put him under contract until his first year of FA. With a superstar, where’s the benefit? Absolutely ridiculous in my opinion but maybe there’s a plan I don’t see/understand

That'll be the first on the agenda on a new Cba. There's no bridge contact anymore and if you dont bend your knee to these stars coming off elcs, another team will, like Montreal with aho.

Why? Because you're damned if you do, damned if you don't. You either sign the player to 5 years or you have the player's agent get a contract drawn up with another team where it's 5 years and just at the number before you have to give out 3 first, whatever it is 8.45 or something. What choice then does the other team have but match? And what risk is it for the other team?

All the power with the players. Marner must not want that little money over 5 years and the negotiations are stuck and he wont sign an aho deal and another team wont risk the firsts in a higher offer sheet, so everyone's deadlocked.

It's quite interesting, this time. Will marner cave and sign 7 or 8 years at 11 or 12, or will Toronto cave and give him 5 years at 9 mil a year, setting up a horrific, nightmare next contract (see Matthews, Austin coming up).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I guess an option is 3 years, 30 ish.

Toronto must have told him no way on the term that gets you to free agency, no way. If you want that you get 8.45, end of story.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 52 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum