GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+9
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
spader
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
Flo The Action
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 51 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I give Grapes s little more leeway than most people (his passion for Canada's history, support for the military and first responders and most of his takes on hockey outweigh the bad imo) but he's been getting increasingly more difficult to defend. If he's gone I'm ok with that. As long as it doesn't mean more Kypreos, Hrudey, Doug McLean.

Last edited by wprager on Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I give Grapes s little more leeway than most people (his passion for Canada's history, support for the military and first responders and most of his takes on hockey outweigh the bad imo) but he's been getting increasingly more difficult to defend. If he's gone I'm ok with that. As long as it doesn't mean more Kypreos, Hrudey, Doug McLean.

He's been steadily declining over the past decade with a significant drop over the past 3-4 years. The bunch of jerks thing was a clear sign that he's lost grip on what people want to see and that hockey's evolved past his comprehension. He's become like the YouTuber 'Kid From Brooklyn'. If anything, I give kudos to Ron for keeping Don somewhat on point - or at least steer him back in the right direction somewhat.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The problem with Don is that he just can't quite keep up. He gets confused, mumbles, stumbles, and just isn't suited to TV anymore.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Seems to me like Buffalo sold on Nylander at a low price.

I bet Chicago turns these young players around and starts competing in a couple of seasons. Stroke and Nylander could be real good for them.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I dont like that trade for Chicago one bit. Not one bit.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:I dont like that trade for Chicago one bit.  Not one bit.

really?
I mean, Nylander isn't looking like his brother but I still think he's an NHL player. a top 6 at that.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:

really?
I mean, Nylander isn't looking like his brother but I still think he's an NHL player. a top 6 at that.

Right handed puck moving d men are a rare thing in the nhl, especially ones who were drafted had an immediate impact in first the ahl then the nhl. I guess they have a surplus of dmen in Chicago, but I was surprised to read they had traded him and for nylander, who is a gamble.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Buffalo giving NYR and run for their money when it comes to improving. They’ve acquired Miller, Jokiharju, Vesey and Johansson on top of recent drafting success. When they’ve made trades to acquire legit talent, they’ve given up nothing. Buffalo seems to add RHD at will.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

really?

Right handed puck moving d men are a rare thing in the nhl, especially ones who were drafted had an immediate impact in first the ahl then the nhl.   I guess they have a surplus of dmen in Chicago, but I was surprised to read they had traded him and for nylander, who is a gamble.

Pretty much this. Jokiharju has proven he can be a top 4 Dman, Nylander has proven that he might not have what it takes for the NHL. Hyperbole a bit, but whatever. Adding Miller for nothing was enough and now this. Sabres mean business obviously.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Yes, the Sabres are looking better and better with each transaction they make (exception being the Skinner signing). I still have some doubts with their center depth (Mittlestadt is their 2C), but there aren't a lot of glaring holes otherwise on their roster.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I also didn't understand the need for Chicago to take a HUGE gamble on Maata for Kahun, a kid that was developed away from the North American pros, came into the NHL and posted ~0.5 PPG. It's hard to tell if this 24 year old kid has more of a ceiling, but I'd sure be interested in seeing if he can improve on those numbers.

Pittsburgh must have been overjoyed to make that trade.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ferland to Vancouver. Curious how much $$ he got on what is apparently a 4 year term. 20 million?

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Yes, the Sabres are looking better and better with each transaction they make (exception being the Skinner signing). I still have some doubts with their center depth (Mittlestadt is their 2C), but there aren't a lot of glaring holes otherwise on their roster.

Just wait until they get a King’s ransom for Ristolainen. It will almost be on the Rangers level of quick rebuild after seeming to stall for a couple years.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Yes, the Sabres are looking better and better with each transaction they make (exception being the Skinner signing). I still have some doubts with their center depth (Mittlestadt is their 2C), but there aren't a lot of glaring holes otherwise on their roster.

Just wait until they get a King’s ransom for Ristolainen. It will almost be on the Rangers level of quick rebuild after seeming to stall for a couple years.

A couple?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

A couple?

It's amazing what good ownership can do. The Sens could have turned this all around by now given the number of mid-to-high end prospects and draft picks in the system.

Happy for Buffalo. They've been in the toilet for long enough. Not even they deserve awful Sabres and Bills teams.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

A couple?

It's amazing what good ownership can do. The Sens could have turned this all around by now given the number of mid-to-high end prospects and draft picks in the system.

Happy for Buffalo. They've been in the toilet for long enough. Not even they deserve awful Sabres and Bills teams.

We do need good ownership, but the Buffalo teams are basically examples of rich owners not leading to anything noteworthy on the field/ice. Perhaps the Sabres are turning the corner now though.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

A couple?

We should be a playoff team every year. We should have kept Karlsson, Stone, Duchene etc. It's a damn shame.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Ferland to Vancouver.  Curious how much $$ he got on what is apparently a 4 year term.  20 million?

Think it was $15Mish.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 51 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum