GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+10
TheAvatar
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
Oglethorpe
Ev
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:The flip flopping on Sens players when they leave or could leave is real on GMHockey.

You better believe it. It’s unreal. It’s like people are preparing to lessen the hurt.

There won’t be any hurt for me regardless of what happens. It’s a business and I support whoever is wearing the sens jersey

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:It’s not a drop-off, it is a one-time injury. This isn’t a concussion injury and even if it was, look at Crosby now.

We can all stop pretending a Sens team without Karlsson is a better team now or Karlsson’s next 12 years. Karlsson’s game isn’t one the falls off a cliff with age.

Not sure what you’re trying to say about concussions. I’d much rather have a player who has a concussion that fully heals than an injury such as a foot and knee which could never return to normal. Guys like Crosby with concussions who I longer have issues have no negative impact on their game . Karlssons injury absolutely negatively impacted his game last year and it may very well impact it going forward.

Yeah, it’s called an injury and rehab for a reason. They, and he said the injury, surgery and recovery would take almost a year. It’s healed now and he’s back.

Also, I’m sure you know that there are side effects from a concussion that leave you more susceptible to repeat occurrence right? There is no such thing with Karlsson’s latest injury. This fallacy about Karlsson not being the greatest defenceman in the NHL that people create to minimize how long they would cry for if he left, is very typical of Ottawa fans.

I’m glad he’s staying for at least this season nearing the deadline.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:The flip flopping on Sens players when they leave or could leave is real on GMHockey.

You better believe it. It’s unreal. It’s like people are preparing to lessen the hurt.

There won’t be any hurt for me regardless of what happens. It’s a business and I support whoever is wearing the sens jersey

That’s one of your biggest problems on here. You don’t or can’t objectively look at players like Oduya, Burrows, Thompson, the list goes on and on. Whoever (and I mean whoever) signs here instantly becomes a “perfect partner” for Karlsson, “role model” for the kids, or however you spin terrible signings and trades for obviously terrible players. Our pro scouting is a disaster time and time again, yet when they are Sens, you act like we’ve just signed the last piece to the puzzle. Once they get traded or pack their bags running to the airport, their career is over in your opinion. It’s time for you to just be a fan and be honest without pretending like you 1) know everything, and 2) the Sens can’t do wrong.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

That’s one of your biggest problems on here. You don’t or can’t objectively look at players like Oduya, Burrows, Thompson, the list goes on and on. Whoever (and I mean whoever) signs here instantly becomes a “perfect partner” for Karlsson, “role model” for the kids, or however you spin terrible signings and trades for obviously terrible players. Our pro scouting is a disaster time and time again, yet when they are Sens, you act like we’ve just signed the last piece to the puzzle. Once they get traded or pack their bags running to the airport, their career is over in your opinion. It’s time for you to just be a fan and be honest without pretending like you 1) know everything, and 2) the Sens can’t do wrong.

Or I can do whatever the heck I want because this is a hobby of mine and nothing that happens in hockey matters regarding my actual life? Stop telling people what they can and can’t do or think. This is entertainment and I can choose to follow however I want. And it’s funny that you’re calling me and other stuff out for knowing everything yet you’re doing the exact same telling people they’re dumb if they don’t think karlsson will be playing in Ottawa next year

If you don’t want to read our opinions then I suggest you leave. It’s a free country and we can post about the sens no matter how wrong we are at times

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't even think it was Karlsson's injury that held him back last season as much as all the off-ice distractions (baby, Melnyk, Hoffman stuff). He played his best game of the season at the outdoor game when it looked like he was really motivated to win.

There's no denying Duchene is a better player than Turris. I would agree with Ev that by the end of last season and in the playoffs, Turris looked run-down.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Man, would I like to see a team with Turris and Duchene. Maybe under a different owner this would have/could happen. I saw Turris last weekin Westboro. He looked really happy to be back. I imagine if it were possible he'd want to come back.

Did I share what I had heard about the Turris negotiations? Essentially he was willing to take ~$5M to stay but they already made the decision to move him. I heard this from someone within the organization.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Man, would I like to see a team with Turris and Duchene. Maybe under a different owner this would have/could happen. I saw Turris last weekin Westboro. He looked really happy to be back. I imagine if it were possible he'd want to come back.

Did I share what I had heard about the Turris negotiations? Essentially he was willing to take ~$5M to stay but they already made the decision to move him. I heard this from someone within the organization.

No offense but I think that’s a crock.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Or I can do whatever the heck I want because this is a hobby of mine and nothing that happens in hockey matters regarding my actual life? Stop telling people what they can and can’t do or think. This is entertainment and I can choose to follow however I want. And it’s funny that you’re calling me and other stuff out for knowing everything yet you’re doing the exact same telling people they’re dumb if they don’t think karlsson will be playing in Ottawa next year

If you don’t want to read our opinions then I suggest you leave. It’s a free country and we can post about the sens no matter how wrong we are at times

...he says even though he can’t find a post where I’ve called another opinion crazy. Do I call out wrong facts that get shoved down people’s throats ad naeseum? Yup.

Hang in there. You’ll be alright.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Man, would I like to see a team with Turris and Duchene. Maybe under a different owner this would have/could happen. I saw Turris last weekin Westboro. He looked really happy to be back. I imagine if it were possible he'd want to come back.

Facepalm Laughing3

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:

I'd be shocked if he were willing to take $5M, and I'm kinda getting tired of all these random rumours citing sources within the organization. We had a ton of these posted here and elsewhere about the team being sold and that was all crud (so far). Also, if the Sens had foreseen Turris having difficulty sustaining his play over the long term, then yeah, it was time to move on, and we ended up getting a better player in Duchene.

At $5M as a second line centre, yeah, I think it'd be great having Turris in the lineup...unfortunately Turris was the key piece we had to give up for Duchene.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:

I'd be shocked if he were willing to take $5M, and I'm kinda getting tired of all these random rumours citing sources within the organization.  We had a ton of these posted here and elsewhere about the team being sold and that was all crud (so far).  Also, if the Sens had foreseen Turris having difficulty sustaining his play over the long term, then yeah, it was time to move on, and we ended up getting a better player in Duchene.  

At $5M as a second line centre, yeah, I think it'd be great having Turris in the lineup...unfortunately Turris was the key piece we had to give up for Duchene.

Agreed. And to clarify, I was saying I think his source's info is probably not correct at all. I wasn't saying DWC was wrong for posting.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I heard it from someone in player development. But I could very well be wrong

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I heard it from someone in player development. But I could very well be wrong

well it wouldn't be you who is wrong, it would be that person Smile

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

So assuming Karlsson does not get traded, Smith/Anderson don't get traded, and there are no more buyouts, what does our opening day roster look like?

Dzingel-Duchene-Stone
Boedker-Pageau-Ryan
Smith-White-Gaborik
McCormick-Carey-Pyatt
Extra: Chlapik

Chabot-Karlsson
Boro-Ceci
Harpur-Wideman
Extra: Wolanin

Anderson
Condon

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Depends on what happens to Tkachuk IMO. If he signs then I see him in the lineup as well as Brown.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ahhhh, so refreshing to see people’s lineups with Karlsson.

The left side defence can be so interchangeable it’s not even funny. I see Wolanin with Wideman long-term and have since before Wolanin even signed with us last year.

I’m not sure how Formenton plays himself off the opening night roster, but whatever, that looks decent enough for 2.5 months away. I think White will have more skilled linemates than Pageau will. I don’t care for Carey.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I don’t think Tkachuk is ready. I hope he’s not either. But it wouldn’t surprise me if the Sens force him to help the fanbase cheer for something as the Sens try and do everything to keep Colorado from Hughes range.

Last edited by Lagoon on Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:I don’t think Tkachuk is ready. I hope he’s not either.

I agree to an extent, I think if he signs he should at least be given the tryout like Formenton and Brown had last year. If he shows he's ready then I have no issues keeping him in the lineup.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum