GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa's Prospect Ranking - Post NHL 2018 Draft

+5
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
Ev
PTFlea
DefenceWinsChampionships
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Remember he only started working with weights last year.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, he's polarizing. I don't disagree and had him at 3 for a while, but ultimately really like where Jaros and Gustavsson are trending

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQtPIK1vPyA

Great stuff here!

Crookshank looks great!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I remember getting very excited watching YouTube compilations of various prospects. You could put together an impressive loop for just about any player. I'd rather read a scout's analysis who has seen the guy play a number of games, and who actually watched what he does without the puck.

Because, letts face it, a rookie will send most of his ice time without the puck.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Crookshank had a great DC. It's a huge first step for him

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I believe the rookie camp roster was announced on the 29th last year. Haven't seen anything for this year, yet.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

According to this, rookie camp starts Sep 6:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/ottawa-senators/as-training-camp-approaches-questions-abound-for-senators-and-fans/amp

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That article incorrectly states that Chabot had the same 9-16-25 stats line in his rookie season as Karlsson. Karlsson scored 5-21-26 in 60 games while Chabot's 25 points came in 63 games. The goal assist ratio is much better, though.

And in case you're wondering about overall team scoring, 219 goals for last season versus 220 in Karlsson's rookie year.

So we could be in for a very interesting and exciting year.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Camp roster likely out tomorrow morning:

#Sens fans - keep an eye out for the rookie camp roster, likely to be confirmed tomorrow morning.

Games will be played on Friday, Sept. 7 and Saturday, Sept. 8 in Laval.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

My darkhorse to make the team is Batherson. If Ryan is included in a trade that doesn't yield a top-six forward, I see Batherson filling in a top-nine spot.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Rookie camp roster is out:
https://www.nhl.com/senators/news/ottawa-senators-invite-27-players-to-2018-rookie-camp-and-tournament/c-299892434

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Camp roster likely out tomorrow morning:

#Sens fans - keep an eye out for the rookie camp roster, likely to be confirmed tomorrow morning.

Games will be played on Friday, Sept. 7 and Saturday, Sept. 8 in Laval.

I'm gonna try to go to at least one if not both those games. get a glimpse at what these kids can do.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So no Penguins this time around?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Batherson grew a half inch and added 12 lbs this offseason. Been training with Crosby, Marchand, and MacKinnon three times a week all summer. He's making the team

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Just read that Batherson had added 12 lbs. I'm telling you, that's going to be a tough camp. Lots of competition.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oops, sorry, I thought I refreshed.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Doesn't mean he's making the team but he's doing so the right things to make the decisions really hard. Tom Pyatt won't be getting by looks alone.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Doesn't mean he's making the team but he's doing so the right things to make the decisions really hard. Tom Pyatt won't be getting by looks alone.

Those are some pretty serious guys to be training (and allegedly) keeping up with. If I am Colin White, Logan Brown or Filip Chlapik who are favourites to land a spot I'd be really worried about Formenton and Batherson passing them on the depth chart. IMO, Nick Paul's chances at this point are nil. Even someone like Gagne and Perron are in serious trouble.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum