GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa's Prospect Ranking - Post NHL 2018 Draft

+5
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
Ev
PTFlea
DefenceWinsChampionships
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I have a few friends that played in Belleville/Bingo over the past few seasons. In short the system down their from their last coaching regime was horrendous. They often played people who were injured and put the wrong people in the wrong positions.

I am loving what I read yesterday about Tkachuk-Brown-White having instant off-ice chemistry. Batherson was grouped with them and also seemed to click with those guys quite well (Batherson is a dual citizen).

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm intrigued by Gustavsson.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sounds like the big boys played up to billing in dc, which is expected. Still nice to hear about Brown, White, Tkachuk and Batherson clicking. Jaros is a mean beast, we all knew it, but he looks gargantuan.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Looking forward to a great bounce back season. Obviously huge concerns with Karlsson and the goaltending situation, but do much to look forward to.

I get it that Tkachuk is the highest pick we've had for eons, but I'm still not sure if why that automatically makes him our top prospect.

His ceiling is not higher than Brown. His floor is about the same as White.

White is likely the one that will contribute the most this coming season. If Brown develops properly he could pass everyone next season. I'm still fairly high on Chlapik.

Yet this kid comes in after his freshman year at college and he's our top prospect all of a sudden?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Looking forward to a great bounce back season. Obviously huge concerns with Karlsson and the goaltending situation, but do much to look forward to.

I get it that Tkachuk is the highest pick we've had for eons, but I'm still not sure if why that automatically makes him our top prospect.

White is likely the one that will contribute the most this coming season. If Brown develops properly he could pass everyone next season. I'm still fairly high on Chlapik.

Yet this kid comes in after his freshman year at college and he's our top prospect all of a sudden?

Any prospect we picked at #4, not just Tkachuk, was going to be our #1 overall prospect. He is the most projectable prospect we have with IMO the highest ceiling. He has all the tools necessary to be a top line player for a long time. He's in a different tier than Brown and White who I really like as well. As far as ceiling, Brown has a ceiling of a Joe Thornton/Jason Spezza type player and Tkachuk has the ceiling of his dad.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Looking forward to a great bounce back season. Obviously huge concerns with Karlsson and the goaltending situation, but do much to look forward to.

I have Tkachuk #1 because I believe that he along with Brown have Top line ceilings. Tkachuk is a much better skater and has a high motor, 2 things that concern me about Brown. IMO Brown has the potential to be out of the league in 5 years as his floor. White to me is a 2nd-3rd liner so he is behind a few others for me.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Agreed. I think he has the most upside. I put Batherson ahead of all those guys because I think he has the tools to be a 30+ goal scorer.

I don't think Brown will ever be out of the league. His floor is a big 3C with limited scoring. He's too big and his hands too good to be ruled out of the NHL this early. What concerns me with Brown is his injury history.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Anyone know what happened with Chlapik today? I keep seeing references to his Insta account (but I don't use IG, so I can't check). Anyone? Bueller?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

No idea.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:Anyone know what happened with Chlapik today? I keep seeing references to his Insta account (but I don't use IG, so I can't check). Anyone? Bueller?

PTFlea wrote:No idea.

Looks like he made a homophobic slur. He removed it and apologized. I haven't found any actual details.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
spader wrote:Anyone know what happened with Chlapik today? I keep seeing references to his Insta account (but I don't use IG, so I can't check). Anyone? Bueller?

PTFlea wrote:No idea.

Looks like he made a homophobic slur. He removed it and apologized. I haven't found any actual details.

Looks like he said Homos under a pic of white and brown . Obviously a joke. Not a big deal

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well they're both homo sapiens.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Chlapik. So dumb. Hopefully everyone just moves on...you know the Sens org is going to be a little sensitive to PR matters these days....

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Too many soft people in current year

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Just forget it happened.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Too many soft people in current year

Weren't you the guy that quit this forum because you said you were getting bullied?

Back to Chlapik, there's also maybe a bit of a language/cultural difference there...anyway, moving on.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:Too many soft people in current year

Weren't you the guy that quit this forum because you said you were getting bullied?

Back to Chlapik, there's also maybe a bit of a language/cultural difference there...anyway, moving on.

No, I was getting attacked with every post I made, it became annoying. I don't care if people say names or whatnot.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/melnyk-has-engaged-in-talks-to-sell-sens-report

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum