GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+9
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
Cap'n Clutch
spader
tim1_2
Ev
Flo The Action
PTFlea
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah watching brown doesn't make me wanna include him in any trade haha. He looks better and closer to being ready than I thought. It's a good showcase of our prospects that's for sure and it looks good! Formenton might wind up being quite a steal!

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, but we knew Brown was gonna be a good player. Him plus a piece for Duchene sounds good to me. And you know Colorado has been watching.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Yeah,  but we knew Brown was gonna be a good player.  Him plus a piece for Duchene sounds good to me.  And you know Colorado has been watching.

Im sure they have. What would you say that other piece would be? A Dman I imagine. Surely a lefty.

For the record I was never sure if Brown could be anything resembling what his ceiling is said to be. I mean it's not a sure he thing what he winds up as but for a guy that's had question marks on him due to injuries, hes sure looking good.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Yeah,  but we knew Brown was gonna be a good player.  Him plus a piece for Duchene sounds good to me.  And you know Colorado has been watching.

Im sure they have. What would you say that other piece would be? A Dman I imagine. Surely a lefty.

For the record I was never sure if Brown could be anything resembling what his ceiling is said to be. I mean it's not a sure he thing what he winds up as but for a guy that's had question marks on him due to injuries, hes sure looking good.

Claesson plus a high pick - maybe a 2nd if we're lucky in this scenario.

I dunno, I find it hard to gauge trades from week to week. We might be way off and it's Brown + Ceci +1st and we all are shocked for a few days.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If the price is Brown, Ceci and a 1st, we just ain't trading for Duchene.  That's too much to give up.  If it's Ceci and a 1st and a mid-tier prospect, I'm fine with that.

Ottawa vs the Devils tonight in pre-season action in PEI. 6pm start I believe.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Good god all this Trump, anthem, kneeling etc. talk is ridiculous.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:If the price is Brown, Ceci and a 1st, we just ain't trading for Duchene.  That's too much to give up.  If it's Ceci and a 1st and a mid-tier prospect, I'm fine with that.

Ottawa vs the Devils tonight in pre-season action in PEI.  6pm start I believe.
Yeah that's how I see it too.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yep, early start. Is the game on TV? I'm going to be out.

Standing/sitting who cares? Just keep quiet, unlike the stupid Leafs fans screaming "Go Leafs" during O Canada last week.

By the way, speaking of Trump, he's done far worse on the North Korea front. The NK foreign affairs minister said that his tweet constitutes a declaration of war.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Fixed
Ev wrote:Good god all this Trump, anthem, kneeling etc. talk is ridiculous.

Sarcasm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Yep, early start.  Is the game on TV?  I'm going to be out.

Standing/sitting who cares?  Just keep quiet, unlike the stupid Leafs fans screaming "Go Leafs" during O Canada last week.

By the way, speaking of Trump, he's done far worse on the North Korea front.  The NK foreign affairs minister said that his tweet constitutes a declaration of war.
Sports net 1

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Yep, early start.  Is the game on TV?  I'm going to be out.

Standing/sitting who cares?  Just keep quiet, unlike the stupid Leafs fans screaming "Go Leafs" during O Canada last week.

By the way, speaking of Trump, he's done far worse on the North Korea front.  The NK foreign affairs minister said that his tweet constitutes a declaration of war.

lol good luck with that NK. Their country would cease to exist.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I understand why players do it. Especially in the NFL. Games are nationally televised and their message reaches millions of viewers. Clearly the kneeling is promulgating discussion so what they are trying to accomplish is working.

That said, fans pay to watch sports - not for their favourite athletes' political views. Politics should stay out of sports the same way sports stay out of politics. If athletes wanted to provoke change they should do it during their own free time. LeBron James has done a good job keeping his political views off the court.

Trump has obviously made this personal. How he has not been impeached or shot yet is beyond me but given my travels to the States which have been pretty plentiful over the last year, there is a lot of support for Trump down there. And the support is from the nut jobs which I thought was always a loud minority but is seemingly a much larger group than I thought. It is making me increasingly grateful to be a Canadian.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

I understand why players do it. Especially in  the NFL. Games are nationally televised and their message reaches millions of viewers. Clearly the kneeling is promulgating discussion so what they are trying to accomplish is working.

That said, fans pay to watch sports - not for their favourite athletes' political views. Politics should stay out of sports the same way sports stay out of politics. If athletes wanted to provoke change they should do it during their own free time. LeBron James has done a good job keeping his political views off the court.

Trump has obviously made this personal. How he has not been impeached or shot yet is beyond me but given my travels to the States which have been pretty plentiful over the last year, there is a lot of support for Trump down there. And the support is from the nut jobs which I thought was always a loud minority but is seemingly a much larger group than I thought. It is making me increasingly grateful to be a Canadian.

Yeah, I get it, I am just tired of reading and hearing about it now. I don't care about politics at all.

(also funny that there are soooooo many people against Trump, yet somehow he still won the election. Look like a lot of people didn't vote).

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

The thing is Trump is widely accepted by poor white people, racists, and rich conservatives who want less taxes and more money. He also got the vote from people who didn't like Clinton. So with those four groups combined apparently it's enough to win keeping in mind that he did not win the popular vote but instead won the electoral college which isn't a fair representation of America. If I am not mistaken there were more votes for Clinton than Trump.

Anyway, no more politics.

Go Sens Go

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:The thing is Trump is widely accepted by poor white people, racists, and rich conservatives who want less taxes and more money. He also got the vote from people who didn't like Clinton. So with those four groups combined apparently it's enough to win keeping in mind that he did not win the popular vote but instead won the electoral college which isn't a fair representation of America. If I am not mistaken there were more votes for Clinton than Trump.

Anyway, no more politics.

Go Sens Go
That and as Ev pointed out, voting was a record low. It was well bellow 60% if I remember correctly. The lowest it's been in my lifetime I think. Apathy at its finest.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well moremlike hockeyvile.... so far... not so good

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yikes!!! I stopped paying attention after it got to 4-0

PTFlea

PTFlea