GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PGDT #3, Sens @ Bruins, April 17, 7PM

+7
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
spader
tim1_2
Ev
wprager
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

61PGDT #3,  Sens @ Bruins,  April 17, 7PM - Page 5 Empty Re: PGDT #3, Sens @ Bruins, April 17, 7PM Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:58 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, I'll give Bobby some props after being a harsh critic.  He's been very good and I'm extremely happy for him.  There's hope for his contract!

It would do everyone good -- the organization long term, the Sens playoff performance short term, and his own career and market value -- if he had a good playoffs. Right now, I can't imagine Ryan is someone we want to protect heading into the expansion draft. His play could change that, or make him a target of real interest from Los Vegas.

It's one of those lose-lose situations where his performance may drive the org to protect him and he disappoints us next season or we let him go and he destroys it somewhere else. With the lists now being made public I think it's in the team's best interest to protect him and trade him down the road if there is a market for him. If they expose him and Vegas doesn't take him it looks terrible from a perception standpoint. I think having MacArthur back will be huge for his career. Part of the reason Ryan re-signed here was because of his relationship with MacArthur. It's evident to me that they have a ton of chemistry on and off the ice.

As I've stated before, I think Methot is the player that ends up being taken by Vegas. With Phaneuf's contract I think Ottawa will want to keep him (declining money year-to-year), and with the emergence of Harpur as a big shutdown d-man, I think Methot becomes a bit more expendable. The Sens will have access to: Karlsson, Methot, Ceci, Phaneuf, Boro, Wideman, Claesson, Harpur, Englund, and Chabot next season.

62PGDT #3,  Sens @ Bruins,  April 17, 7PM - Page 5 Empty Re: PGDT #3, Sens @ Bruins, April 17, 7PM Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:59 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:It's one of those things...you acquire a star player and he might suck for you from time to time - and BOY has Ryan sucked, but you get to the playoffs and it's a whole new ballgame.

Brass is sure making Zib look bad right now. Was not the case in the regular season.

63PGDT #3,  Sens @ Bruins,  April 17, 7PM - Page 5 Empty Re: PGDT #3, Sens @ Bruins, April 17, 7PM Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:46 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:It's one of those things...you acquire a star player and he might suck for you from time to time - and BOY has Ryan sucked, but you get to the playoffs and it's a whole new ballgame.

Brass is sure making Zib look bad right now. Was not the case in the regular season.

I don't agree. Points aren't everything and while Zib would go on cold streaks and be good for nothing, Brassard was always a solid 200 foot engine.

64PGDT #3,  Sens @ Bruins,  April 17, 7PM - Page 5 Empty Re: PGDT #3, Sens @ Bruins, April 17, 7PM Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:50 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's way too early to say who won that trade. Short of one of the two teams winning the cup in the next couple of years. Zig has been injured and brass underwhelmed with the position he was tasked at playing. We did not get the production out of him we wished for. Of course, we bought in hoping he would continue to be a playoff animal and that's looking accurate right now.

65PGDT #3,  Sens @ Bruins,  April 17, 7PM - Page 5 Empty Re: PGDT #3, Sens @ Bruins, April 17, 7PM Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:14 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:

I don't agree.  Points aren't everything and while Zib would go on cold streaks and be good for nothing, Brassard was always a solid 200 foot engine.

Zib and a 2nd for Brass and a 7th. It looked pretty lopsided for parts of the year.

66PGDT #3,  Sens @ Bruins,  April 17, 7PM - Page 5 Empty Re: PGDT #3, Sens @ Bruins, April 17, 7PM Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:16 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:

I don't agree.  Points aren't everything and while Zib would go on cold streaks and be good for nothing, Brassard was always a solid 200 foot engine.

Zib and a 2nd for Brass and a 7th. It looked pretty lopsided for parts of the year.

One of Zib's problems is that he's very hot and cold. He was hot at first, then got injured and pulled a disappearing act when he was back. Brassard was just ok offensively this season, but he's showing his scoring touch now when it matters. Zib, on the other hand, watched Radulov put that goal in the other night. The sample size isn't big enough to make a conclusion yet, and Zib has a lot of growing to do still, but it might be a trade that benefits both teams.

67PGDT #3,  Sens @ Bruins,  April 17, 7PM - Page 5 Empty Re: PGDT #3, Sens @ Bruins, April 17, 7PM Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:09 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Again, Brassard does a lot without the puck that zib just doesn't do

68PGDT #3,  Sens @ Bruins,  April 17, 7PM - Page 5 Empty Re: PGDT #3, Sens @ Bruins, April 17, 7PM Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:10 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

https://streamable.com/os0dk

69PGDT #3,  Sens @ Bruins,  April 17, 7PM - Page 5 Empty Re: PGDT #3, Sens @ Bruins, April 17, 7PM Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:16 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:https://streamable.com/os0dk

Hahaha. I keep thinking there's some amount of luck that had to be involved for that play to work

70PGDT #3,  Sens @ Bruins,  April 17, 7PM - Page 5 Empty Re: PGDT #3, Sens @ Bruins, April 17, 7PM Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:18 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Luck, sure, but how many would even attempt it?

71PGDT #3,  Sens @ Bruins,  April 17, 7PM - Page 5 Empty Re: PGDT #3, Sens @ Bruins, April 17, 7PM Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:53 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, I'll give Bobby some props after being a harsh critic.  He's been very good and I'm extremely happy for him.  There's hope for his contract!

It would do everyone good -- the organization long term, the Sens playoff performance short term, and his own career and market value -- if he had a good playoffs. Right now, I can't imagine Ryan is someone we want to protect heading into the expansion draft. His play could change that, or make him a target of real interest from Los Vegas.

It's one of those lose-lose situations where his performance may drive the org to protect him and he disappoints us next season or we let him go and he destroys it somewhere else. With the lists now being made public I think it's in the team's best interest to protect him and trade him down the road if there is a market for him. If they expose him and Vegas doesn't take him it looks terrible from a perception standpoint. I think having MacArthur back will be huge for his career. Part of the reason Ryan re-signed here was because of his relationship with MacArthur. It's evident to me that they have a ton of chemistry on and off the ice.

As I've stated before, I think Methot is the player that ends up being taken by Vegas. With Phaneuf's contract I think Ottawa will want to keep him (declining money year-to-year), and with the emergence of Harpur as a big shutdown d-man, I think Methot becomes a bit more expendable. The Sens will have access to: Karlsson, Methot, Ceci, Phaneuf, Boro, Wideman, Claesson, Harpur, Englund, and Chabot next season.  

We don't have any choice but to protect Phaneuf (he's got a limited NTC, which makes him automatic), so for sure one of Ceci or Methot has to be exposed. And I agree, it will likely be Methot who is exposed and who goes.

72PGDT #3,  Sens @ Bruins,  April 17, 7PM - Page 5 Empty Re: PGDT #3, Sens @ Bruins, April 17, 7PM Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:47 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

We don't have any choice but to protect Phaneuf (he's got a limited NTC, which makes him automatic), so for sure one of Ceci or Methot has to be exposed. And I agree, it will likely be Methot who is exposed and who goes.
Unless they get him to waive it

73PGDT #3,  Sens @ Bruins,  April 17, 7PM - Page 5 Empty Re: PGDT #3, Sens @ Bruins, April 17, 7PM Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:47 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Luck,  sure,  but how many would even attempt it?
#thekarlssonfactor

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum