GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #77: Sens @ Jets, Apr 1, 2017, 7:00pm

+2
tim1_2
wprager
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Holy, it's gonna come down to the wire for us making the playoffs. TB with 86 points, 5 back of us, we both have 5 games. We're awful right now, they're awesome. That 5th point back might literally save our season.

I guess you could factor Boston in with 90 points, but they're playing so much better than we are right now, they'll lap us soon. Scary times.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lol at calling Tampa awesome

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Boston plays the Hawks at 12:30. Let's see how they do. After that they play Tampa and Ottawa before finishing up against the Caps.

Expect then to lose against the rested Hawks. Tampa is 4 back of Boston with a game in hand. That well be a hard game. Sens, well, we know the implications. Hopefully there well be some injuries in the Tampa game. Then the Caps game could well be the first round preview, so Washington will want to send a message.

In other words, they have a really tough schedule.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:Lol at calling Tampa awesome

8-3-1 in their last 12, not too shabby. And they play boston and Montreal and Toronto and Dallas coming up,  all winnable

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:

8-3-1 in their last 12, not too shabby. And they play boston and Montreal and Toronto and Dallas coming up,  all winnable

Nothing really matters except how terrible we've been.

P.S. Please fire Bobby Ryan into the sun.  Forever. 3 points in his last 18 games, including zero in his last 11. The guy is crap and I'm sick of the disappearing act down the stretch EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Nothing really matters except how terrible we've been.

P.S. Please fire Bobby Ryan into the sun.  Forever.  3 points in his last 18 games, including zero in his last 11.  The guy is crap and I'm sick of the disappearing act down the stretch EVERY.  SINGLE.  YEAR.
hasnt happened every year but sure let your biases cloud you

You sound like a sens twitter person right now. Just relax.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Goodness Ev,  it feels like it's every single year to me too

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Goodness Ev,  it feels like it's every single year to me too
Yes, it's every year. EV is just experiencing denial. On just about everything that this end of season that this has turned into

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Thing is,  he's been injured every single year.  His first year here he started out really well. I remember people saying how he usually is a slow starter then he gets going,  but through to around the middle of November Bobby was our best player. When he had season ending sports hernia surgery in March it was revealed it had been a nagging injury since some time in November.

In his second season his production was very similar in pts per game but fewer goals and more assists.  At the end of November he had his finger broken by a slash,  but he only missed a few games (3-4) and played through.  At the time it happened he wasn't exactly lighting it up (5 goals,  12 pts through 20) but keep in mind the sports hernia surgery in the off season.

Next season,  through January he was on pace for 30 goals and 72 points.  His hand was injured just before Christmas that year. Who knows how much it affected his shooting.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sports hernia could be related to conditioning but not a finger broken from a slash or a slapshot.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum