GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #66: Sens @ Arizona, Mar 9, 2017, 9:00pm

+5
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
spader
wprager
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nice to pull out the W.  Condon was pretty good, other than that one through his five hole...the wrap around goal was a bit of a fluke on him...he had his leg in position, but the puck hopped up over his pad.  

On the back half of a back-to-back, with a bunch of guys banged up (Stone left in the 3rd, btw)...yeah, we'll take this!  We're six points clear of third place, which is nice.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Not a great game except for the Captain.  He's 6 points back of Burns. A week ago it was 12. He's never going to catch him in hoodie or even come close, but if he gets close in points he still stands a chance.

If anyone can catch up to burns it's karlsson.

Still, they won't give him the Norris. The Norris has become not about who's the best Dman but about bringing in variety to the trophy. They will give it to burns for the same reason they didn't give it to karlsson last year and not give it to karlsson for similar reasons that they gave it to doughty last year. Absolutely inconsistent. Just a joke.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

What a garbage game! I can't believe they made it out of there with 2 points. Well, I guess I can since Karlsson is a monster. It's like he was the only one who knew they could win it.

What did everyone think of Dido? A little undisciplined.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Expected them to lose tonight so I'd be surprise day if we pull this out

To me Dzingel should be taken out once Ryan returns. He is offering nothing lately

He wasn't great. I noticed that too. He reminds me of Hagelin a lot (maybe Hagelin-lite). Speed to burn, but just not much of a finisher. I wish he had better hands. He's a 3rd liner at this point.

EDIT: Just checked the stats. Hagelin is having a down year, so maybe Dzingel doesn't need the "lite" addition to his name. Dzingel is out pacing on goals, but the rest of the stat line is very similar.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Not a great game except for the Captain.  He's 6 points back of Burns. A week ago it was 12. He's never going to catch him in hoodie or even come close, but if he gets close in points he still stands a chance.

Still, they won't give him the Norris. The Norris has become not about who's the best Dman but about bringing in variety to the trophy. They will give it to burns for the same reason they didn't give it to karlsson last year and not give it to karlsson for similar reasons that they gave it to doughty last year. Absolutely inconsistent. Just a joke.

I would consider betting money that EK finishes tops in D points this year. 6 isn't too much to make up.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:What a garbage game! I can't believe they made it out of there with 2 points. Well, I guess I can since Karlsson is a monster. It's like he was the only one who knew they could win it.

What did everyone think of Dido? A little undisciplined.
I thought he was pretty good, the 2nd call on him was borderline at best.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I would consider betting money that EK finishes tops in D points this year. 6 isn't too much to make up.

6 is a fair bit to make up considering the guy he's trying to catch has to slow down too.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, Burns got three assists last night so Karlsson is 9 back, again. If he could get to 20 goals (not a realistic target at this point in the game) and be within 5 points of Burns then he'll make it a very difficult decision. Goals are sexy and Burns will likely get 30+ so that's really hard to overcome.

The Sens will score fewer goals across the board, they have 4 legit top-six players, one of whom is Bobby Ryan. They will also give up more goals because they had a waiver wire pickup traded for a 5th rounder starting half their games. Some people throw the +/- disparity between Burns and Karlsson into the discussion. Well, in the games that their respective #1 started both Burns and Karlsson are +18. But Burns has collected those over 54 games, while Karlsson over only 29 (that's an 86% higher).

Burns is likeable.

Facepalm

Puking2

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sens have recalled Varone.  Guess DiDomenico did not impress, Turris is not ready to go, and someone on D needs a day off.

Edit: Stone is not 100%, that's why Varone has been recalled. He took a whack on the fingertips last night from OEL, I think.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

They showed a shot of him getting his leg stretched out by the trainer on the bench before he left.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Sens have recalled Varone.  Guess DiDomenico did not impress, Turris is not ready to go, and someone on D needs a day off.

Edit: Stone is not 100%, that's why Varone has been recalled.  He took a whack on the fingertips last night from OEL, I think.  

They called it a lower-body injury. Varone in to replace Stone.

Boucher said there were some guys banged up and this was the time for them to take time off.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I hope Varone can do something on this stint.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

No Turris, Stone, Ryan, MacArthur. Who will step up? Pageau and Karlsson last night. Pageau and the D the night before. I think it's Hoffman's turn.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:No Turris, Stone, Ryan, MacArthur. Who will step up?  Pageau and Karlsson last night.  Pageau and the D the night before. I think it's Hoffman's turn.  

FWIW no one needs to step up in Mac's absence. You don't need to list him here. He's been out all season.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:No Turris, Stone, Ryan, MacArthur. Who will step up?  Pageau and Karlsson last night.  Pageau and the D the night before. I think it's Hoffman's turn.  

FWIW no one needs to step up in Mac's absence. You don't need to list him here. He's been out all season.

Correct. Only listing him because, in the off-season, he was counted on being one of our top-six.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You know. I realize that we have some hurt bodies and all and that they are giving guys like turris and maybe even stone some time to rest, but do you think.... and I mean hypothesis here... that it's possible they rather reste a few guys, maybe lose a game here and there since we may be able to win more with the depth we have but... lose just a little bit so as to not overtake Montréal in the standings? Sarcasm
I mean the logic would be sound. Maybe face an easier opponent than facing someone in the metropolitan AND have a bunch of guys rested?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Personally, I think no matter who we face in the first round, that team will be worn out from the big race to the finish line. Giving our core players a day off here and there will keep the Sens fresh.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:You know. I realize that we have some hurt bodies and all and that they are giving guys like turris and maybe even stone some time to rest, but do you think.... and I mean hypothesis here... that it's possible they rather reste a few guys, maybe lose a game here and there since we may be able to win more with the depth we have but... lose just a little bit so as to not overtake Montréal in the standings? Sarcasm
I mean the logic would be sound. Maybe face an easier opponent than facing someone in the metropolitan AND have a bunch of guys rested?

I hate this so much. Win and keep winning.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum