GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #64: Bruins @ Sens, Mar 6, 2017, 7:30pm

+6
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:My sens to win the east best at 25-1 is looking possible...

I took 'em to win the Cup at 45-1.

Back to last night's game, it obviously goes without saying that EK was phenomenal (as usual).  
What a treat to watch karlsson, we're so lucky that he plays for our team and we get to watch him every night. 

That sequence that lead to Hoffman's goal with Stone getting the puck back, Phaneuf dishing to karlsson and then karlsson passing toHoffman was neat to watch. 
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:La Cussing Marchand. Get the Diddle off pageau!

Marchand and Bergeron were the only two Boston threats last night. Very noticeable on the ice. McQuaid also threw his weight around quite a bit. If we match up against Boston there is no reason why we can't beat them.

I am also pretty confident that Pageau is one of the best shut-down forwards in the league. Between him and Burrows I see a lot of star players not wanting to match up against the Sens.

So refreshing to have four solid lines to roll.  No neil, no lazar, just experienced nhl players.   Great stuff.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I cringe everytime somebody mentions "The system" now. Milennials, please stop.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:I cringe everytime somebody mentions "The system" now. Milennials, please stop.

What I find funny about the whole "The System" thing is that I have yet to read or watch a thorough explanation of what they're doing now.  I get certain aspects of it (pushing players to the outside, LD stepping up, etc), but how and why has no one broken down hockey Xs and Os into pictorials or videos and provided them to the general public?  We see this in football coverage ALL THE TIME, but it sure seems to be missing from hockey coverage.  Pierre McGuire actually explained a bit of it this morning on TGOR, but to understand this you need some sort of visual aid.

Also, the Sens are pretty much where they would've been last year had Turris not got injured. Boucher also has better players at his disposal than Cameron did. I don't mean to diminish what Boucher and his staff are doing - I love it - but I think maybe a little too much is being made of it when we have a pretty solid team to start with.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:I cringe everytime somebody mentions "The system" now. Milennials, please stop.

Aren't you, like, the only millennial on this board? Laugh1

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I love Boucher's system. You want to rush the puck right up the center of the ice? No way, you'll hit a wall either in the neutral zone or at our blueline and be forced to fan out to the boards. Want to cycle? Sure, we love to cycle too, prepare to take some punishment. Want to rip up the ice and try to chip it past the D-men? You better not do that on the left side, because one of our LDs are steaming up the ice ready to bury you - and note that they're always a forward behind the LD to protect against odd men.

So now you have puck possession in our zone. You want to shoot bad, don't you? Well, you better prepare to shoot from an angle, because there's no f-ing way you're getting a shot through the center of the ice. Every single player will block 'the house', it's amazing to watch - and then Anderson is good enough to stop most angle shots.

Beauty. It must be SO frustrating to play against! Clapping

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:My sens to win the east best at 25-1 is looking possible...

I took 'em to win the Cup at 45-1.

Back to last night's game, it obviously goes without saying that EK was phenomenal (as usual).  
What a treat to watch karlsson, we're so lucky that he plays for our team and we get to watch him every night. 

That sequence that lead to Hoffman's goal with Stone getting the puck back, Phaneuf dishing to karlsson and then karlsson passing toHoffman was neat to watch. 
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:La Cussing Marchand. Get the Diddle off pageau!

Marchand and Bergeron were the only two Boston threats last night. Very noticeable on the ice. McQuaid also threw his weight around quite a bit. If we match up against Boston there is no reason why we can't beat them.

I am also pretty confident that Pageau is one of the best shut-down forwards in the league. Between him and Burrows I see a lot of star players not wanting to match up against the Sens.

So refreshing to have four solid lines to roll.  No neil, no lazar, just experienced nhl players.   Great stuff.

I made a point to watch Stalberg yesterday. He's quite talented and is an underrated passer. Kelly and Wingels both had a chance to bury a few pucks off Stalberg passes and didn't. Dzingel looked a little lost out there last night. Pyatt is a beast.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I made a point to watch Stalberg yesterday. He's quite talented and is an underrated passer. Kelly and Wingels both had a chance to bury a few pucks off Stalberg passes and didn't. Dzingel looked a little lost out there last night. Pyatt is a beast.

Ya, he isn't flashy, but he's producing out there. When he's on the ice, they definitely get chances. It would be interesting to see that line's corsi numbers.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

GDT - Game #64: Bruins @ Sens, Mar 6, 2017, 7:30pm - Page 4 Slow_c10

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

#thesystem

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:

What I find funny about the whole "The System" thing is that I have yet to read or watch a thorough explanation of what they're doing now.  I get certain aspects of it (pushing players to the outside, LD stepping up, etc), but how and why has no one broken down hockey Xs and Os into pictorials or videos and provided them to the general public?  We see this in football coverage ALL THE TIME, but it sure seems to be missing from hockey coverage.  Pierre McGuire actually explained a bit of it this morning on TGOR, but to understand this you need some sort of visual aid.

Also, the Sens are pretty much where they would've been last year had Turris not got injured.  Boucher also has better players at his disposal than Cameron did.  I don't mean to diminish what Boucher and his staff are doing - I love it - but I think maybe a little too much is being made of it when we have a pretty solid team to start with.

The players seem to know what to do in the d zone wheras that wasn't really the case in the past. Instead of players running around chasing the puck, they're clogging up lanes and seem to be acting on instinct. I don't care what you call it, the fact that the Sens are playing better without the puck makes me happy.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Also, the Sens are pretty much where they would've been last year had Turris not got injured.  Boucher also has better players at his disposal than Cameron did.  I don't mean to diminish what Boucher and his staff are doing - I love it - but I think maybe a little too much is being made of it when we have a pretty solid team to start with.

The players seem to know what to do in the d zone wheras that wasn't really the case in the past. Instead of players running around chasing the puck, they're clogging up lanes and seem to be acting on instinct. I don't care what you call it, the fact that the Sens are playing better without the puck makes me happy.

I totally agree. I would just love some sort of in-depth explanation. There's plenty of times on defense when I yell at them to be more aggressive and skate at the guy with the puck, but I think they're more concerned on staying in the shooting lane and forcing the puck on the outside if they can. It's quite delicious. Last night Boston had a good minute in our o-zone with the clock ticking down...they were passing the puck around quickly, but nobody had a clear shot. I think eventually Karlsson blocked the shot when it did come and that lead to the empty netter.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:

I totally agree.  I would just love some sort of in-depth explanation.  There's plenty of times on defense when I yell at them to be more aggressive and skate at the guy with the puck, but I think they're more concerned on staying in the shooting lane and forcing the puck on the outside if they can.  It's quite delicious.  Last night Boston had a good minute in our o-zone with the clock ticking down...they were passing the puck around quickly, but nobody had a clear shot.  I think eventually Karlsson blocked the shot when it did come and that lead to the empty netter.

Big time. They just sit there in the prime shooting lanes down the middle and make opponents shoot from angles. It's really neat. Delicious even.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:

Don't forget that we were missing Anderson for long stretches (remember how well the Habs did with Condon?) and we're missing Ryan.

Last year we were a point out of second with a have in hand when Turris hurt. The Habs had already cooled off with Condon in goal. Back at the end of December we were *slightly* ahead of last year's place. Now we have pulled ahead quite a bit.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

In addition to the LD stepping up for the big hit, on the right side you have the RD stepping up in the O zone to join the cycle or forecheck. Different roles but forwards always backing then up. On both sides.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:

Debatable. We'll never really know how good the sens could have been had Turris not gone down but there's no denying that our D-zone coverage was a tire fire, we were constantly allowing 35+ shots; Anderson was breaking sticks, Weircioch/Cowen were impacting the game, Boro sucked and was played as a forward for a couple games...it was odd and I don't think Turris alone could have saved what were glaring weaknesses

wprager wrote:

Don't forget that we were missing Anderson for long stretches (remember how well the Habs did with Condon?) and we're missing Ryan.

Last year we were a point out of second with a have in hand when Turris hurt. The Habs had already cooled off with Condon in goal.  Back at the end of December we were *slightly* ahead of last year's place. Now we have pulled ahead quite a bit.

Good point....Ryan at the first half of last season was actually fantastic and then tailed off....this year he never really got going either. I think the team feels more confident in the way they're playing and that's a big difference.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Hoff-Machine wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Debatable.  We'll never really know how good the sens could have been had Turris not gone down but there's no denying that our D-zone coverage was a tire fire, we were constantly allowing 35+ shots; Anderson was breaking sticks, Weircioch/Cowen were impacting the game, Boro sucked and was played as a forward for a couple games...it was odd and I don't think Turris alone could have saved what were glaring weaknesses

wprager wrote:

Last year we were a point out of second with a have in hand when Turris hurt. The Habs had already cooled off with Condon in goal.  Back at the end of December we were *slightly* ahead of last year's place. Now we have pulled ahead quite a bit.

Good point....Ryan at the first half of last season was actually fantastic and then tailed off....this year he never really got going either.  I think the team feels more confident in the way they're playing and that's a big difference.  

Ryan is an enigma. I think there's a decent chance the Sens will try to convince Vegas to take him if they can get around the no-trade/nmc clause.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:#thesystem

GDT - Game #64: Bruins @ Sens, Mar 6, 2017, 7:30pm - Page 4 852933671

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
Ryan is an enigma. I think there's a decent chance the Sens will try to convince Vegas to take him if they can get around the no-trade/nmc clause.

There's nothing to get around. Ryan does not need to be protected and won't be protected.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum