GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #32: Sens @ Isles, Dec 18, 2016, 7:00pm

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:I think you focus on defence this year.  Upgrade the 2nd pairing so Ceci can anchor the 3rd pairing.

Or go all in for Duchene.   Still love that guy and we don't have a game breaking forward.

Ceci has had several games where he's had more five-on-five ice time than Karlsson. Last night he had the most ice time (total ice time) of all skaters for both teams. Doesn't sound like someone being groomed for the third pairing. Could be he's being showcased, or they just want to keep Karlsson fresher for the powerplays and the post-season. Regardless, you won't see him on the third pairing next year.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:I think you focus on defence this year.  Upgrade the 2nd pairing so Ceci can anchor the 3rd pairing.

Or go all in for Duchene.   Still love that guy and we don't have a game breaking forward.

Ceci is the golden boy. We (the fans) are stuck with him stinking it up for the next decade.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It does seem that Ceci's being showcased to increase trade value, but I have a hard time imagining Boucher would do that given the dogfight it's going to be to make the playoffs. The ice time thing is weird.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If Ceci is the golden boy he earned it. None of the coaching staff was around when he first came up and played well above expectations.

Boucher must see something we are not. Maybe his defensive issues really have more to do with Phaneuf than his own play. I don't know what to say, but he has no history with Boucher to suggest a golden boy status.

And I really don't think Boucher is the type to take his marching orders from the GM.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:If Ceci is the golden boy he earned it. None of the coaching staff was around when he first came up and played well above expectations.

Boucher must see something we are not. Maybe his defensive issues really have more to do with Phaneuf than his own play. I don't know what to say, but he has no history with Boucher to suggest a golden boy status.

And I really don't think Boucher is the type to take his marching orders from the GM.

Ceci's issues have been blamed on every single partner he's ever had. And the next time he "earns" anything will be the first time.

It may just be a matter of Boucher trying to make lemonade out of a lemon or, hopefully, putting lipstick on a pig in hopes of a trade.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum