GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #82: Sens @ Isles, Apr 9, 2017, 5:00pm

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This is it. Last game of the regular season and nothing to play for. The Islanders have been officially eliminated and the Sens have clinched home ice; the only thing not yet set is whether they'll play the Leafs (who need a single point against Columbus) or the Bruins. With a win this late afternoon (another weird start time) the Senators will get to 100, so I guess that's something to play for.

Lots of vets are expected to be rested today, and the team has recalled O'Connor, Englund and Paul. Trying to figure things out, looks like Phaneuf and Anderson will be getting the day off to walk around Central Park or whatever. Condon will get the start with O'Connor backing him up. Karlsson/Methot continue to rest/recover leaving the following on D: Ceci-Jokipaaka, Wideman-Boro, Harpur-Englund. Wait, did I just put Kevin on the top pairing?

At center, if Turris and Brassard get the day off we're left with Pageau, Kelly, White and one of the "natural" centers who are playing wing (Wingels, Pyatt, DiDomenico). Perhaps Smith is ready for a tune up game before the playoffs. It gets more complicated to try to predict who will play and who will rest, but I'd bet on Neil playing perhaps his last game in a Sens jersey. Maybe Rayn coming back like Smith for a tune up game. Anyhow, have fun predicting the lineup.

Go Sens Go!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I didn't catch all the names they just mentioned of who stayed back in Ottawa and who went to Brooklyn, but Hoffman/Stone will not play (remained back in Ottawa) and Ryan/Neil will play.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This looks like an exhibition game lineup. #Sens pic.twitter.com/L0Pphzym8s

— Bruce Garrioch(@SunGarrioch) April 9, 2017

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Didn't realized Varone was still with the team:

MacArthur-Pageau-Ryan
Dzingel-Varone-Burrows
Wingels-White-Pyatt
DiDomenico-Kelly-Neil

That can't be right. Paul should be playing.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Not sure where Bruce got that from, but Varone played last night with the B-Sens and there was nothing about his getting called up. So maybe Wingels as the 2LC and Paul on the wing:

MacArthur-Pageau-Ryan
Dzingel-Wingels-Burrows
Paul-White-Pyatt
DiDomenico-Kelly-Neil

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, these lines are borked. If Bobby plays today, I assume he was a healthy scratch yesterday.

Could be Neil's last game ever in a Sens jersey, which is sad. Doesn't get much of a farewell tour!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well that line-up isn't very reassuring but maybe we don't need to win and it's best to see what some of these young guys can do.
It's not like the isles line-up is all world either.

I'll watch just to see what white can do

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Isles have nothing to play for. Sens still could get to 100.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

2-0 Islanders even though the Sens had 3 PP opportunities just in the first. I guess 100 was not to be.

Guess I'll switch over to the Leafs game when I get back from the gym.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neil with an assist. Nice.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

White looked really good imo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]