GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What does Ottawa do July 1st?

+8
tim1_2
Oglethorpe
Ev
spader
SensHulk
wprager
Flo The Action
PTFlea
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

61What does Ottawa do July 1st? - Page 5 Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:13 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Sens issues last season were due to:
- attempting to play Cowen and Wiercioch into either 2nd pairing guys or trade bait
- Turris going down and Zibanejad not stepping up
- unprepared coaching staff

Well, they fixed the first part by bringing in Phaneuf and shedding Cowen/Wiercioch. Don't forget this also means no more Boro playing his off-side or trying to make a shutdown pair with Cowen.

They have not done anything at center other than put their faith into Zibanejad improving and Turris staying healthy. Maybe White and Paul can fill in if there are injuries. This is the one place where I wouldn't mind an upgrade.

The coaching staff is almost completely new. A major overhaul. I'm betting on big improvement from this (better defensive play, fewer penalties taken, better starts/finishes).

62What does Ottawa do July 1st? - Page 5 Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:17 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:Which of our D needs upgrade?  We have Karlsson-Methot on the top pairing, not issues there as long as Meth stays healthy.  Ceci-Pahaneuf were pretty good in their limited time together last year, expecting the chemistry to improve further.  No issues on the 2nd pairing.  Former AHL defenseman of the year who played for Team USA, along with Borowiecki.  No one is under the delusion that Borowiecki is a great defenseman, but he brings necessary toughness to the team and he is a great example to others.  And he's not playing more than 10-12 minutes a night, right?  You don't make significant trades to bring in a third pairing guy.

Plus we have Claesson and Englund who are ready for a callup, and by all accounts Chabot may get an extended look.  Don't forget the Christians (Jaros and Wolanin) and Erkamps.  

Honestly, I don't know why they are re-signing Kostka when they have all those B/C prospects already down there.

I think you need a veteran on every pairing.  That's what I've always thought.
I agree that it would help. I'm not sure I want Boro out their for every game.

It's not like we absolutely need to go out there and sign someone but we could use a 3rd line RW. It could be filled internally but we could of used some more vet leadership in the forward ranks, especially someone with a cup ring.

All and all I see management constantly hoping this team is built from within and that's all great but I don't see us becoming contenders at this rate. We are wasting karlsson's best years.
I think the best moves right now aren't FA but a solid solid trade. But I doubt that even happens.

63What does Ottawa do July 1st? - Page 5 Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:26 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Seidenberg is done

PTFlea wrote:Seidenberg would get walked constantly in the East.  Don't think that's the ticket.

Rather him than Boro on that 3rd pairing. Cup winner, veteran presence is what we need.

64What does Ottawa do July 1st? - Page 5 Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:26 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd like a vet on that third line as well, but we can make do. This is an intriguing year for Ottawa. New coach, hopefully healthy to at least start. They'll be watched closely by Dorion and co.

65What does Ottawa do July 1st? - Page 5 Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:27 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I've always like Blunden as an AHLer. Should be real good for Bingo and for Perron as well.

66What does Ottawa do July 1st? - Page 5 Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:09 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Boedker goes for 4 X 4 and Purcell gets nothing, literally. 1.6 X 1 year. Glad Dorion's all over these.

67What does Ottawa do July 1st? - Page 5 Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:12 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Purcel is garbage now man.

68What does Ottawa do July 1st? - Page 5 Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:23 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:Purcel is garbage now man.

I didn't watch that much hockey out of conference last year, but I did watch Edmonton a fair bit and he was quite decent. I liked that he wasn't a timid little girl like he was in TB, but perhaps Dorion disagrees. I'll get over it.

69What does Ottawa do July 1st? - Page 5 Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:06 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I just noticed linden Vey is available as a FA. Here's a guy that hasn't realized his potential in the NHl but could easily still do it. He might be just the guy to play on the RW with pageau. Wouldn't be surprised if the sens went after him. Wouldn't cost much.

70What does Ottawa do July 1st? - Page 5 Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:I just noticed linden Vey is available as a FA. Here's a guy that hasn't realized his potential in the NHl but could easily still do it. He might be just the guy to play on the RW with pageau. Wouldn't be surprised if the sens went after him. Wouldn't cost much.

Buffalo payed a third rounder to acquire to rights to try to sign him, but he refused abd will study each teams roster looking for the right fit.

Get Cussed....geez, who does he think he is?

71What does Ottawa do July 1st? - Page 5 Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:19 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:I just noticed linden Vey is available as a FA. Here's a guy that hasn't realized his potential in the NHl but could easily still do it. He might be just the guy to play on the RW with pageau. Wouldn't be surprised if the sens went after him. Wouldn't cost much.

Buffalo payed a third rounder to acquire to rights to try to sign him, but he refused abd will study each teams roster looking for the right fit.

Who the hell are you talking about? I'm talking about Vey and you're talking about vesey!
Spezz it's time to put he Canada day bong down!

72What does Ottawa do July 1st? - Page 5 Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Who the hell are you talking about? I'm talking about Vey and you're talking about vesey!
Spezz it's time to put he Canada day bong down!

Wait, youre right...

73What does Ottawa do July 1st? - Page 5 Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:16 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Purcel is garbage now man.

A steaming pile of feces.

74What does Ottawa do July 1st? - Page 5 Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:20 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Maybe we should change the thread title to "What does Ottawa do on or after July 1st".

75What does Ottawa do July 1st? - Page 5 Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:53 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Maybe we should change the thread title to "What does Ottawa do on or after July 1st".

It's almost as if we were expected to do something July 1st!!! Laugh1 Laughing3

76What does Ottawa do July 1st? - Page 5 Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:32 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Maybe we should change the thread title to "What does Ottawa do on or after July 1st".

Change th name to : will Ottawa do anything before regular season.

77What does Ottawa do July 1st? - Page 5 Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:05 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Not I:

wprager wrote:What a waste of a thread. They do nothing, like they do every year.

78What does Ottawa do July 1st? - Page 5 Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think the guys we targeted from the beginning are still around. Reading and listening to dorion, I doubt they ever wanted a Purcell type. Brandon pirri sounds exactly like the kind of guy they'd sign, but are probably hoping to get him for 2 or 2.5 million.

They might also be looking at guys like nick Spaling as a depth forward who can help lift our pk numbers up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum