GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What does Ottawa do July 1st?

+8
tim1_2
Oglethorpe
Ev
spader
SensHulk
wprager
Flo The Action
PTFlea
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

46What does Ottawa do July 1st? - Page 4 Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:29 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Hey, I'm stuck at the QWC and no headphones, so no audio. Thank goodness for wifi at least.

47What does Ottawa do July 1st? - Page 4 Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:30 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
Michallica wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Anyone have a good TSN stream?

Just listen to TSN radio streams, it's the same thing,they're just simulcasting the audio.
That's what I'm doing but I like a little visual. Oh well.

Hmm you could log in on TSN.ca and watch the live feed if you already are subscribing at home (enter your cable service credentials for access).

48What does Ottawa do July 1st? - Page 4 Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:36 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Don't think he has cable.

49What does Ottawa do July 1st? - Page 4 Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:39 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DSP re-signs with the Devil's for 2 years ($1.25m and $1.35m)

50What does Ottawa do July 1st? - Page 4 Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:41 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oops wrong thread. Hate typing on this thing.

51What does Ottawa do July 1st? - Page 4 Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:27 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Michallica wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Anyone have a good TSN stream?

Just listen to TSN radio streams, it's the same thing,they're just simulcasting the audio.
That's what I'm doing but I like a little visual. Oh well.

Hmm you could log in on TSN.ca and watch the live feed if you already are subscribing at home (enter your cable service credentials for access).
Yeah... No suscription.

52What does Ottawa do July 1st? - Page 4 Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

So... tumbleweed

53What does Ottawa do July 1st? - Page 4 Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:54 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:So... tumbleweed
This is It buddy!

54What does Ottawa do July 1st? - Page 4 Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:09 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wait wait wait!!

Via booboo

The #Sens have signed UFA F Chad Nehring to a two-way deal. Has a $125,000 guarantee in AHL.

And we thought we wouldn't land the big fish. Facepalm

55What does Ottawa do July 1st? - Page 4 Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:37 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Fully on board with doing nothing

56What does Ottawa do July 1st? - Page 4 Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:50 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Sign Seidenberg please. But that sounds like a deal that'll happen after July 1st.

Shattenkirk is still out there right?

57What does Ottawa do July 1st? - Page 4 Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:56 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Seidenberg is done

58What does Ottawa do July 1st? - Page 4 Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:57 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Seidenberg would get walked constantly in the East. Don't think that's the ticket.

59What does Ottawa do July 1st? - Page 4 Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:07 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Which of our D needs upgrade? We have Karlsson-Methot on the top pairing, not issues there as long as Meth stays healthy. Ceci-Pahaneuf were pretty good in their limited time together last year, expecting the chemistry to improve further. No issues on the 2nd pairing. Former AHL defenseman of the year who played for Team USA, along with Borowiecki. No one is under the delusion that Borowiecki is a great defenseman, but he brings necessary toughness to the team and he is a great example to others. And he's not playing more than 10-12 minutes a night, right? You don't make significant trades to bring in a third pairing guy.

Plus we have Claesson and Englund who are ready for a callup, and by all accounts Chabot may get an extended look. Don't forget the Christians (Jaros and Wolanin) and Erkamps.

Honestly, I don't know why they are re-signing Kostka when they have all those B/C prospects already down there.

60What does Ottawa do July 1st? - Page 4 Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:09 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Which of our D needs upgrade?  We have Karlsson-Methot on the top pairing, not issues there as long as Meth stays healthy.  Ceci-Pahaneuf were pretty good in their limited time together last year, expecting the chemistry to improve further.  No issues on the 2nd pairing.  Former AHL defenseman of the year who played for Team USA, along with Borowiecki.  No one is under the delusion that Borowiecki is a great defenseman, but he brings necessary toughness to the team and he is a great example to others.  And he's not playing more than 10-12 minutes a night, right?  You don't make significant trades to bring in a third pairing guy.

Plus we have Claesson and Englund who are ready for a callup, and by all accounts Chabot may get an extended look.  Don't forget the Christians (Jaros and Wolanin) and Erkamps.  

Honestly, I don't know why they are re-signing Kostka when they have all those B/C prospects already down there.

I think you need a veteran on every pairing. That's what I've always thought.

61What does Ottawa do July 1st? - Page 4 Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:13 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sens issues last season were due to:
- attempting to play Cowen and Wiercioch into either 2nd pairing guys or trade bait
- Turris going down and Zibanejad not stepping up
- unprepared coaching staff

Well, they fixed the first part by bringing in Phaneuf and shedding Cowen/Wiercioch. Don't forget this also means no more Boro playing his off-side or trying to make a shutdown pair with Cowen.

They have not done anything at center other than put their faith into Zibanejad improving and Turris staying healthy. Maybe White and Paul can fill in if there are injuries. This is the one place where I wouldn't mind an upgrade.

The coaching staff is almost completely new. A major overhaul. I'm betting on big improvement from this (better defensive play, fewer penalties taken, better starts/finishes).

62What does Ottawa do July 1st? - Page 4 Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:17 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:Which of our D needs upgrade?  We have Karlsson-Methot on the top pairing, not issues there as long as Meth stays healthy.  Ceci-Pahaneuf were pretty good in their limited time together last year, expecting the chemistry to improve further.  No issues on the 2nd pairing.  Former AHL defenseman of the year who played for Team USA, along with Borowiecki.  No one is under the delusion that Borowiecki is a great defenseman, but he brings necessary toughness to the team and he is a great example to others.  And he's not playing more than 10-12 minutes a night, right?  You don't make significant trades to bring in a third pairing guy.

Plus we have Claesson and Englund who are ready for a callup, and by all accounts Chabot may get an extended look.  Don't forget the Christians (Jaros and Wolanin) and Erkamps.  

I think you need a veteran on every pairing.  That's what I've always thought.
I agree that it would help. I'm not sure I want Boro out their for every game.

It's not like we absolutely need to go out there and sign someone but we could use a 3rd line RW. It could be filled internally but we could of used some more vet leadership in the forward ranks, especially someone with a cup ring.

All and all I see management constantly hoping this team is built from within and that's all great but I don't see us becoming contenders at this rate. We are wasting karlsson's best years.
I think the best moves right now aren't FA but a solid solid trade. But I doubt that even happens.

63What does Ottawa do July 1st? - Page 4 Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:26 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Seidenberg is done

PTFlea wrote:Seidenberg would get walked constantly in the East.  Don't think that's the ticket.

Rather him than Boro on that 3rd pairing. Cup winner, veteran presence is what we need.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum