GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL Coaching Carousel 2016

+8
DefenceWinsChampionships
spader
Hoags
tim1_2
Flo The Action
PTFlea
wprager
SensHulk
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Who will be the next Sens coach?

NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 9 Vote_lcap20%NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 9 Vote_lcap242%NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 42% [ 5 ]
NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 9 Vote_lcap217%NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 17% [ 2 ]
NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 9 Vote_lcap217%NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 17% [ 2 ]
NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 9 Vote_lcap20%NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 9 Vote_lcap224%NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 24% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 12

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 12]

121NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 9 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Sat May 07, 2016 11:41 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Even if you don't want Yeo don't be silly and compare him to coaches with zero experience.

The biggest edge Boudreau would have had is the big ticket, therefore making him less disposable. This team will respond for one season and then want to take the easy road in Year 2 and a cheap coach will be easy to fire.

122NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 9 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Sat May 07, 2016 11:48 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:Facts coming out that we offered same salary but one less year in term...3 vs 4 years? Really that was the difference? I'm so disappointed and concerned in our management group if we couldn't close it because of one extra year. Diddle what era does melnyk think we live in? 3 vs 4 years....3 vs 4 years.....you Cussing kidding me?

Makes sense when the coach is 61 years old and not a playoff performer

123NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 9 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Sat May 07, 2016 11:51 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Ev wrote:Even if you don't want Yeo don't be silly and compare him to coaches with zero experience.

What kind of system does he run?  Defensive?

Defence first but also about out chancing the opponent apparently

124NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 9 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Sun May 08, 2016 12:04 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

And with that the "NHL Coaching Carousel 2016" continues to spin round and round...

125NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 9 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Sun May 08, 2016 12:25 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

It will spin about as hard as the Senators will be trying to explain how they cheaped out when they supposedly had all resources available for the best candidate.

Smells like Alfie's blank check

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

126NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 9 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Sun May 08, 2016 9:21 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Boudreau clearly didn't want to come here. He played everyone. Simple as that. If he did he would have waited to actually meet melnyk. But no he had to have a job right away for some reason. Give me a break. All he wants is money in his last contract

127NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 9 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Sun May 08, 2016 9:23 am

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Great success in the regular season but the last four years he had teams up 3-2 with home ice advantage in the playoffs and lost.

I would have been happy if Boudreau was named coach but am not unhappy that he is not.

I think it will be Crawford.

128NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 9 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Sun May 08, 2016 9:24 am

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

But more important are who the assistants are. Most of the head coaching candidates are decent. Whomever runs the PP/PK will determine the success of the team.

129NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 9 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Sun May 08, 2016 9:29 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Crawford too old and out of the league for too long.

Hopefully we can't stick it to Boudreau who is now in the toughest division in hockey and will probably miss the playoffs

130NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 9 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Sun May 08, 2016 9:33 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:Facts coming out that we offered same salary but one less year in term...3 vs 4 years? Really that was the difference? I'm so disappointed and concerned in our management group if we couldn't close it because of one extra year. Diddle what era does melnyk think we live in? 3 vs 4 years....3 vs 4 years.....you Cussing kidding me?

Facts don't support what you are saying. From the timing of events, Boudreau got an offer from Ottawa then used that to get a better one from Minnesota. He never went back to Ottawa to see if they would match. This is DeBoer all over again. He played Ottawa to get the offer from the team he really wanted.

131NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 9 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Sun May 08, 2016 9:38 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Crawford too old and out of the league for too long.

Hopefully we can't stick it to Boudreau who is now in the toughest division in hockey and will probably miss the playoffs

Too old?  Weak argument.  Out of the league? Still more NHL experience than Yeo.  Has a Cup.  Has international experience. Has European league experience.  Would bring a different perspective to the position.  Could be very good for this roster -- shake them up without throwing a fit by simply doing things in a way they aren't used to doing.

132NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 9 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Sun May 08, 2016 9:42 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Thought he would be same age as Boudreau. So no he isn't too old. But he has not had success in years

133NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 9 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Sun May 08, 2016 9:44 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Garrioch says the issue is they didn't want to give him a fourth year. It's all about $$$.  I guess BB cost per point isn't good enough.

When his daughter is retweeting angry fans trolling at how cheap the organization is you know what went down.

It's Alfie and the blank cheque all over again.

Ev wrote:Thought he would be same age as Boudreau. So no he isn't too old. But he has not had success in years

What does age have to do with anything. We will fire them 2-3 years later anyway Laugh1

134NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 9 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Sun May 08, 2016 9:48 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:Garrioch says the issue is they didn't want to give him a fourth year. It's all about $$$.  I guess BB cost per point isn't good enough.

When his daughter is retweeting angry fans trolling at how cheap the organization is you know what went down.

It's Alfie and the blank cheque all over again.

Ev wrote:Thought he would be same age as Boudreau. So no he isn't too old. But he has not had success in years

What does age have to do with anything.  We will fire them 2-3 years later anyway Laugh1

Not wanting to go to a fourth year isn't about money. That's makes no sense

And what his daughter does is irrelevant. She knows nothing and is extremely biased.

If it's Alfie and the blank chequer all over against then that's great because it means Boudreau will do nothing in Minnesota and retire shortly after.

You can't be giving long term deals to old coaches who are close to retirement

135NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 9 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Sun May 08, 2016 9:49 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If Boudreau wanted to be here he would have signed. Simple as that. All he wanted was more money which the sens could never have given due to our market. Boudreau took his retirement cheque. He has no reason to care about his team now.

136NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 9 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Sun May 08, 2016 9:52 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Boudreau also flip flops his goalies every game and has never not had a team filled with at least two superstars. I'm glad we didn't get him seeing all the facts now. We need a winner not another Jacques

137NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 9 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Sun May 08, 2016 10:09 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well, the issue was money, so it was another case of Melnyk's budget. That's pretty much indisputable. I like that you blame it on "the market" though, lol.

I don't care about missing out on Boudreau, but it's clear Melnyk still ain't willing to spend.

138NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 9 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Sun May 08, 2016 10:11 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If sens offered the exact same as Minnesota it still wouldn't be the same money. Our market is absolutely a factor just like how other Canadian markets outside of Toronto don't sign anybody of significance

If I'm melnyk I'd ether spend on the players than a 61 year old playoff loser coach

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum