GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL Coaching Carousel 2016

+8
DefenceWinsChampionships
spader
Hoags
tim1_2
Flo The Action
PTFlea
wprager
SensHulk
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Who will be the next Sens coach?

NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 11 Vote_lcap20%NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 11 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 11 Vote_lcap242%NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 11 Vote_rcap2 42% [ 5 ]
NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 11 Vote_lcap217%NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 11 Vote_rcap2 17% [ 2 ]
NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 11 Vote_lcap217%NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 11 Vote_rcap2 17% [ 2 ]
NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 11 Vote_lcap20%NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 11 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 11 Vote_lcap224%NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 11 Vote_rcap2 24% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 12

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 12]

151NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 11 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Sun May 08, 2016 4:45 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Michallica wrote:Facts coming out that we offered same salary but one less year in term...3 vs 4 years? Really that was the difference? I'm so disappointed and concerned in our management group if we couldn't close it because of one extra year. Diddle what era does melnyk think we live in? 3 vs 4 years....3 vs 4 years.....you Cussing kidding me?

Facts don't support what you are saying.  From the timing of events, Boudreau got an offer from Ottawa then used that to get a better one from Minnesota.  He never went back to Ottawa to see if they would match.  This is DeBoer all over again.  He played Ottawa to get the offer from the team he really wanted.  

Let's see what facts you have to support that statement.  Maybe Dorion tells us a bit more the next few days, but Garrioch says we weren't willing to go that term meaning that term was discussed with the sens and they didn't want to comply.  4-5 year contracts are becoming the standard now for experienced coaches.  Pretty sure if Julien would have been available we would have Cussed that up too by not offering more than 3 years.  

Again mind Cussing boggling that the sens weren't willing to offer an awesome coach one extra year and that broke it all down.

152NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 11 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Sun May 08, 2016 5:45 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
wprager wrote:
Michallica wrote:Facts coming out that we offered same salary but one less year in term...3 vs 4 years? Really that was the difference? I'm so disappointed and concerned in our management group if we couldn't close it because of one extra year. Diddle what era does melnyk think we live in? 3 vs 4 years....3 vs 4 years.....you Cussing kidding me?

Facts don't support what you are saying.  From the timing of events, Boudreau got an offer from Ottawa then used that to get a better one from Minnesota.  He never went back to Ottawa to see if they would match.  This is DeBoer all over again.  He played Ottawa to get the offer from the team he really wanted.  

Let's see what facts you have to support that statement.  Maybe Dorion tells us a bit more the next few days, but Garrioch says we weren't willing to go that term meaning that term was discussed with the sens and they didn't want to comply.  4-5 year contracts are becoming the standard now for experienced coaches.  Pretty sure if Julien would have been available we would have Cussed that up too by not offering more than 3 years.  

Again mind Cussing boggling that the sens weren't willing to offer an awesome coach one extra year and that broke it all down.
Because Melnyk doesn't want to pay him 2 extra year after the players force him out of a job after two years.

I'm starting to doubt that Dorion will do anything to this team this summer like it was promised. They will fail to land a FA of any significance for our top6 and we will be told that the coaching will part the Red Sea.

153NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 11 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Sun May 08, 2016 5:55 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Um if they don't add a free agent of significance it's not a big deal. Our team is pretty much fine as is. Free agents don't sign here and you shouldn't expect to get any big names.

154NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 11 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Sun May 08, 2016 6:06 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:

I read that article and nowhere did Garrioch say that (according to any source) the Sens were not willing to give him that 4th year. They interviewed him for 5 hours, we know that much. The Sens were supposed to have a short list (as short as 2) by the end of the week. Melnyk wanted to meet with those on the short list, if possible. You don't negotiate (real negotiations) with two or more candidates. You get your short-list, then you pick one from that list and then you negotiate. They never got to that point with Boudreau. Very clearly, both parties presented their "ask" but you can hardly call this negotiation. Calgary was another team that was interested in him, so much so that they waited more than a month after getting eliminated to fire their coach right after finding out that Boudreau was available; yet he didn't even wait long enough to hear what they had to say.

Looking at the facts available to us the only conclusion I can draw is that Boudreau didn't want to coach a Canadian team and very likely used the Sens' "soft" offer when talking to Minnesota.

The short list must have been Boudreau and Boucher, and Boudreau just shortened it for them.

155NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 11 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Sun May 08, 2016 6:10 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think if it was that 4th year, Melnyk should be ashamed of himself. Boucher will be good, but boudreau was a big name

156NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 11 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Sun May 08, 2016 6:20 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Who cares about the name, we should care about results. Boudreau has proven nothing with average rosters yet. He has always had good teams

I'm very excited for Boucher now. He's got the passion that others don't have.

157NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 11 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Sun May 08, 2016 6:47 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:I think if it was that 4th year,  Melnyk should be ashamed of himself.  Boucher will be good, but boudreau was a big name

But there were no negotiations. They met for 5 hours, then he went home, then got hired by Minnesota. The only thing that fits the timeline is that he had no intention of coaching in Ottawa (or, more likely, in Canada) and was just using us like DeBoer did.

And you guys should pay attention to when REDACTED and I agree. He had a team in Washington that won a lot of games playing against weak teams (remember they called it the Southleast Division back then). But when he got to the playoffs suddenly they were no longer good.

After what I heard what the Montreal media (on TSN690) had to say about him (recalling the loss to the 8th seed Montreal after being up 3-1 in the series) I am almost convinced that he did not want to face Canadian sports media and this was a huge thing for him.

158NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 11 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Sun May 08, 2016 6:49 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Michallica wrote:

I read that article and nowhere did Garrioch say that (according to any source) the Sens were not willing to give him that 4th year.

Garrioch tweeted it that sens weren't willing to meet boudreau's term.

159NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 11 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Sun May 08, 2016 6:51 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

They would have offered Julien four years for sure because he's a better coach and is not 61

160NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 11 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Sun May 08, 2016 6:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:Who cares about the name, we should care about results. Boudreau has proven nothing with average rosters yet. He has always had good teams

I'm very excited for Boucher now. He's got the passion that others don't have.

Im pretty much ok with thus, especially the more I read of Boucher. Boudreau made a an odd choice if it was only the 1 year difference. He'll rot in minny.

161NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 11 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Sun May 08, 2016 6:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think we'll get a lot of answers on boudreau now that he's coaching a very average team. Just how good is he?

162NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 11 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Sun May 08, 2016 6:56 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:I think we'll get a lot of answers on boudreau now that he's coaching a very average team.  Just how good is he?

FWIW, I think he's doomed to fail with the Wild.  He will NOT be delivering division titles with Chicago, Dallas, and St. Louis well ahead of Minnesota.  Honestly from a hockey success POV, Ottawa would have made a ton of sense for him.  They both Cussed up IMO in not choosing each other.

163NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 11 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Sun May 08, 2016 7:00 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Crawford considering an assistant position.

I thought the HC picks the assistants

164NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 11 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Sun May 08, 2016 7:31 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Boucher probably gave ok

165NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 11 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Sun May 08, 2016 7:46 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:I think we'll get a lot of answers on boudreau now that he's coaching a very average team.  Just how good is he?

FWIW, I think he's doomed to fail with the Wild.  He will NOT be delivering division titles with Chicago, Dallas, and St. Louis well ahead of Minnesota.  Honestly from a hockey success POV, Ottawa would have made a ton of sense for him.  They both Cussed up IMO in not choosing each other.

In case you missed it, Minny offered an extra year, equating to roughly $3M more. So, you can't really say no to that.

166NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 11 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Sun May 08, 2016 7:47 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Boucher probably gave ok

Yeah, him and Crawford worked together in international competition at some point. Might've been Spengler Cup, I can't remember. Let's get Craw and Yeo as assistants and be totally Cussing awesome.

167NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 11 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Sun May 08, 2016 8:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
Michallica wrote:

In case you missed it, Minny offered an extra year, equating to roughly $3M more. So, you can't really say no to that.

Meh an extra 2.75 million that he would get when the contract was up anyway, to coach a dying, old team.

Whatever, I guess.

168NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 11 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Sun May 08, 2016 9:28 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:Boucher probably gave ok

Yeah, him and Crawford worked together in international competition at some point. Might've been Spengler Cup, I can't remember. Let's get Craw and Yeo as assistants and be totally Cussing awesome.

Just so long as Crawford doesn't get to pick the players in shootouts. Sarcasm

Last edited by wprager on Sun May 08, 2016 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum