GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL Coaching Carousel 2016

+8
DefenceWinsChampionships
spader
Hoags
tim1_2
Flo The Action
PTFlea
wprager
SensHulk
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Who will be the next Sens coach?

NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 12 Vote_lcap20%NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 12 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 12 Vote_lcap242%NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 12 Vote_rcap2 42% [ 5 ]
NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 12 Vote_lcap217%NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 12 Vote_rcap2 17% [ 2 ]
NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 12 Vote_lcap217%NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 12 Vote_rcap2 17% [ 2 ]
NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 12 Vote_lcap20%NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 12 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 12 Vote_lcap224%NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 12 Vote_rcap2 24% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 12

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 12]

166NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 12 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Sun May 08, 2016 7:47 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Boucher probably gave ok

Yeah, him and Crawford worked together in international competition at some point. Might've been Spengler Cup, I can't remember. Let's get Craw and Yeo as assistants and be totally Cussing awesome.

167NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 12 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Sun May 08, 2016 8:00 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
Michallica wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:I think we'll get a lot of answers on boudreau now that he's coaching a very average team.  Just how good is he?

FWIW, I think he's doomed to fail with the Wild.  He will NOT be delivering division titles with Chicago, Dallas, and St. Louis well ahead of Minnesota.  Honestly from a hockey success POV, Ottawa would have made a ton of sense for him.  They both Cussed up IMO in not choosing each other.

In case you missed it, Minny offered an extra year, equating to roughly $3M more. So, you can't really say no to that.

Meh an extra 2.75 million that he would get when the contract was up anyway, to coach a dying, old team.

Whatever, I guess.

168NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 12 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Sun May 08, 2016 9:28 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:Boucher probably gave ok

Yeah, him and Crawford worked together in international competition at some point. Might've been Spengler Cup, I can't remember. Let's get Craw and Yeo as assistants and be totally Cussing awesome.

Just so long as Crawford doesn't get to pick the players in shootouts. Sarcasm

Last edited by wprager on Sun May 08, 2016 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

169NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 12 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Sun May 08, 2016 9:42 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Crawford would be an interesting choice as an assistant. It be nice to have someone with a cup ring in there. Even if it was a while ago. If he truly wants to find his way back to the NHL this might be a good way. Plus when the gene calls to have Boucher fired they can just promote Crawford without adding salary. It be a very Melnyk move.

170NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 12 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Mon May 09, 2016 11:06 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Michallica wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:I think we'll get a lot of answers on boudreau now that he's coaching a very average team.  Just how good is he?

FWIW, I think he's doomed to fail with the Wild.  He will NOT be delivering division titles with Chicago, Dallas, and St. Louis well ahead of Minnesota.  Honestly from a hockey success POV, Ottawa would have made a ton of sense for him.  They both Cussed up IMO in not choosing each other.

In case you missed it, Minny offered an extra year, equating to roughly $3M more. So, you can't really say no to that.

Meh  an extra 2.75 million that he would get when the contract was up anyway,  to coach a dying, old team.

Whatever, I guess.

Minnie is weird because they have a mix of old vets and and young core. They have guys like Haula, Scandella, Spurgeon, Coyle, Dumba, Brodin, Niederreiter, etc, but they also have Pominville, Suter, Parise, Koivu, Jones, and Vanek. I like Koivu, and Parise is very good when healthy, but still.

171NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 12 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Mon May 09, 2016 2:15 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Michallica wrote:

Meh  an extra 2.75 million that he would get when the contract was up anyway,  to coach a dying, old team.

Whatever, I guess.

Minnie is weird because they have a mix of old vets and and young core. They have guys like Haula, Scandella, Spurgeon, Coyle, Dumba, Brodin, Niederreiter, etc, but they also have Pominville, Suter, Parise, Koivu, Jones, and Vanek. I like Koivu, and Parise is very good when healthy, but still.
I always thought minni underperformed. I think they have a very interesting amount of vets and good young players. As far as I'm concerned they should be better than they show. Boudreau might actually be right for them. It was a worry to me that yeo had never gotten them further. I know it's a tough division but still.

172NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 12 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Mon May 09, 2016 3:42 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I always thought it was "Minny".

173NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 12 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Tue May 10, 2016 3:32 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib 3m3 minutes ago
Boudreau's exact contract is four years, $10.5 million plus playoff bonuses, per sources

So $3.5M per year -- not bad. ($10.5M for three years, then getting fired for missing playoffs three times)

174NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 12 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Tue May 10, 2016 3:35 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Ducks have gotten permission from the Wild to interview Mike Yeo.

They might be swapping coaches.

175NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 12 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Tue May 10, 2016 3:45 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Man, the Ducks are a hard team to figure out. They need Quennville...but...

176NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 12 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Tue May 10, 2016 3:53 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Man, the Ducks are a hard team to figure out.  They need Quennville...but...
Or Dineen....

177NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 12 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Tue May 10, 2016 4:14 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Man, the Ducks are a hard team to figure out.  They need Quennville...but...
Or Dineen....

I have a feeling they'll want Claude Julien once he's inevitably let go. With that said I think they look at a rookie coach that's easy to fire. Or Mike Yeo.

178NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 12 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Tue May 10, 2016 10:09 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Or Dineen....

I have a feeling they'll want Claude Julien once he's inevitably let go.  With that said I think they look at a rookie coach that's easy to fire.  Or Mike Yeo.  

Paul MacLean is being interviewed. He's also pretty easy to fire, apparently.

179NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 12 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Wed May 11, 2016 1:32 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Are they going to try and poach Paul McClone too?

180NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 12 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Wed May 11, 2016 7:13 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:Are they going to try and poach Paul McClone too?

Yes. Yes they are.

181NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 12 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Wed May 11, 2016 7:22 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

What I heard was that MacLean is being interviewed for the Anaheim HC position.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum