GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #78: Senators @ Wild - 8:00 pm - Thursday, March 31 2016

+4
PTFlea
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
wprager
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Ceci is playing some great hockey.  His confidence looks sky high, he's got jump.  Even without the fluke goal he had a big impact.

I've also liked Zib lately too.  

Ceci is not very good. Nor is The Zibber. But you've already admitted that you don't watch games.

GAME DAY #78: Senators @ Wild - 8:00 pm - Thursday, March 31 2016 - Page 3 852933671

Ceci had a couple terrible defensive plays (including getting outmuscled by Zach Parise on a goal) in this game, and his goal was absolute luck coupled with a terrible defensive play by Marco Scandella.  

If you call getting your head in a half-nelson being out-muscled, then yes.  I thought Parisee and some other Wild forwards were getting away with a ton of contact that on other days would be called interference.  This is the least-penalized team in the league, apparently, and if last night was any indication in what they usually get away with then that explains it.

Some teams just get the short end of the stick from the refs and there's usually no explaining it.  Other than the Clouston Effect.

Yes, Ceci was lucky on the goal, and he had a couple of weak plays, defensively, but just before that goal I turned to my kid and said Ceci has been playing really well, for the most part.

Harpur, on the other hand.  OMG, love his size and the fact that he can skate, but he was so out of position a few times.  On one play he ended up playing forward and Bobby covered back for him -- except that they were still in the defensive zone.  Mind you, it's his first year in pro, he is a D-man and larger -- two factors that usually mean longer adjustment times to the NHL speed.  His size and reach are still an advantage, but those alone will not let him dominate players like he did in junior.  I hope he gets a couple more games.

Agreed.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:It's gonna be expensive though.  Probably to the tune of 6.5 x 4.
I think that sounds about right. He might be looking for longer term. Personally I can stomach that deal. He seems to have finally found his groove in Boston but I'm sure he would fair well in the Ottawa system since it's more offencive like it was in Dallas. Mind you who knows what the next coach will be preaching next year.

I wish we could pay him 7 million for 3 years, but I doubt that flies. Personally can't see him getting a 5th year, but I'd be really nervous to pay him over 3 for that 5th year. So either 4 years 26 million or 5 years 29 million I guess.

It's conceivable...still unlikely we can do it, but it's not completely outlandish

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There were positives. But his inability to outmuscle Parise cost us a goal against.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:It's gonna be expensive though.  Probably to the tune of 6.5 x 4.
I think that sounds about right. He might be looking for longer term. Personally I can stomach that deal. He seems to have finally found his groove in Boston but I'm sure he would fair well in the Ottawa system since it's more offencive like it was in Dallas. Mind you who knows what the next coach will be preaching next year.

I wish we could pay him 7 million for 3 years, but I doubt that flies.  Personally can't see him getting a 5th year, but I'd be really nervous to pay him over 3 for that 5th year.  So either 4 years 26 million or 5 years 29 million I guess.

It's conceivable...still unlikely we can do it, but it's  not completely outlandish

5.5M x 5 would be reasonable, no? May not even be an issue depending on what happens before July 1st. I can see the draft being a big day for the Sens

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I wish we could pay him 7 million for 3 years, but I doubt that flies.  Personally can't see him getting a 5th year, but I'd be really nervous to pay him over 3 for that 5th year.  So either 4 years 26 million or 5 years 29 million I guess.

It's conceivable...still unlikely we can do it, but it's  not completely outlandish

5.5M x 5 would be reasonable, no? May not even be an issue depending on what happens before July 1st. I can see the draft being a big day for the Sens  

I think the lowest you can get him for is 6 mil a year, but it's certainly doable if Melnyk is up to it and he's sweet talked something fierce by Karlsson.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If Hoffman leaves, yeah, Eriksson would be a nice guy to bring in.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

This game shows how Cameron has no situational awareness. Up a goal with under 2 minutes left and we get a PP. Cmaeron sends out Hoffman to man the left point. You have to know that if Minny gets the puck in the neutral zone they will pull Dubnyk, which makes it a 5 on 5 and we have 4 forwards on the ice.

FIRE CAMERON NOW !!!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum