GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #71: Wild @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Tuesday, March 15 2016

+5
Ev
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
wprager
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY #71: Wild @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Tuesday, March 15 2016

GAME DAY #71: Wild @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Tuesday, March 15 2016 Large GAME DAY #71: Wild @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Tuesday, March 15 2016 Play11 GAME DAY #71: Wild @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Tuesday, March 15 2016 Large

The Wild are tied with Colorado at 74 points and with a game in hand they currently own the last wildcard spot. So we know they are playing for their playoff lives. Meanwhhile the Sens are all but done, and are playing for pride and contracts (Hoffman, Chiasson, Puempel, Dzingel, Gomez, Wiercioch, Ceci, Kostka, McCormick, Dziurzynski are all on expiring contracts; there are quite a few more down in Bingo but I just listed the ones who've seen NHL ice time this year). You could also argue that Murray and the coaching staff are on the hot seat as well (not that Murray cares about his next contract).

As for the fans, well, the draft lottery should take place April 16 -- first Saturday following the end of the regular season.

GO BALLS GO!!!?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Game day thread: The "Who Cares?" edition. I would assume attendance will be at an all-time low tonight. Although it is March break, so maybe not....

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah Minnesota is right up there with Carolina on the Who-cares-O-Meter.

Having said that, let's beat the crap outta them no-good Wilds!!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Any team that doesn't have an 's' at the end of their name belongs in some Euro soccer league. If they insist on playing here, they deserve to have the "S"not beat out of them.

SSF, Trade Deadline Bonanza is over. Draft Day Trade Bonanza is not for a while. Is there a Bonanza I've missed?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

For those that care (nobody), Anderson is starting tonight.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Any team that doesn't have an 's' at the end of their name belongs in some Euro soccer league.  If they insist on playing here, they deserve to have the "S"not beat out of them.

SSF, Trade Deadline Bonanza is over.  Draft Day Trade Bonanza is not for a while.  Is there a Bonanza I've missed?

I'm still hoping for a post-dudline Drouin trade.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Any team that doesn't have an 's' at the end of their name belongs in some Euro soccer league.  If they insist on playing here, they deserve to have the "S"not beat out of them.

SSF, Trade Deadline Bonanza is over.  Draft Day Trade Bonanza is not for a while.  Is there a Bonanza I've missed?

I'm still hoping for a post-dudline Drouin trade.

Sens need to sell some hope to the fanbase for next season (and sell some tickets). Let's do this! Seriously, more teams out of the playoffs should make deals after the deadline.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Has there ever been a trade after the trade deadline but before the end of the playoffs? Ever?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Has there ever been a trade after the trade deadline but before the end of the playoffs?  Ever?

I don't recall a trade ever after the deadline but before the end of the season. HOwever plenty of trades have happened during the playoffs. Pretty sure we traded gonchar before the cup finals were over (and we had made it to the 2nd round that season).

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

just last week on March 7 the Canucks traded Dane Fox to the Hurricanes

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:just last week on March 7 the Canucks traded Dane Fox to the Hurricanes

I meant something significant, but there ya go.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

How could I have forgotten the Dane Fox trade?? Jeeze.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:How could I have forgotten the Dane Fox trade??  Jeeze.

Looks like the name of a two-bit standup comic.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wow, are you sure one of these teams is still fighting to stay in a playoff spot? Would've been nice if Anderson made that save, but with Kostka making snow-angels he had to cheat against the pass across. Kostka is not an NHL d-man; I don't care how many minutes Karlsson plays, don't ever put those two out together. Play him with someone safe.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Opponent scores on their first shot of the game? Now that's an oddity you don't see every day

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum