GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #71: Wild @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Tuesday, March 15 2016

+5
Ev
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
wprager
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:How could I have forgotten the Dane Fox trade??  Jeeze.

Looks like the name of a two-bit standup comic.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Wow, are you sure one of these teams is still fighting to stay in a playoff spot? Would've been nice if Anderson made that save, but with Kostka making snow-angels he had to cheat against the pass across. Kostka is not an NHL d-man; I don't care how many minutes Karlsson plays, don't ever put those two out together. Play him with someone safe.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Opponent scores on their first shot of the game? Now that's an oddity you don't see every day

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That's a sweet shot by Hoff

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:Opponent scores on their first shot of the game?  Now that's an oddity you don't see every day

#tradeAnderson

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Wow,  are you sure one of these teams is still fighting to stay in a playoff spot?  Would've been nice if Anderson made that save, but with Kostka making snow-angels he had to cheat against the pass across.  Kostka is not an NHL d-man; I don't care how many minutes Karlsson plays, don't ever put those two out together.  Play him with someone safe.

No no. You should dispute that with SSF that clearly indicated that Kostka could be the bottom pairing guy and wideman could be a top 4 dman. Who needs that Schmuck Ceci in the top 4 with those other stars in the system. Sarcasm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Michallica wrote:Opponent scores on their first shot of the game?  Now that's an oddity you don't see every day

#tradeAnderson
Actually find it ok that Anderson isn't being all world this year. He usually has a so so yeEar before having a really good one. Looks promising for next year!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

#tradeAnderson
Actually find it ok that Anderson isn't being all world this year. He usually has a so so yeEar before having a really good one. Looks promising for next year!

Imagine if they traded him 2 years ago when he set the NHL record for SV% in a season, then kept Anderson and Bishop, pushing each other to #BeastModeTimesTwo.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What are they doing? They're diddling around the perimeter. How can you score from there?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Phaneuf with a hell of a play. Ditto stone and karlsson and of course Zib

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Woof. Not sure that was our best game but it's nice to come back and win it.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What a shot by 65. Damn

First time in 8 years a dman has 60 assists

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Wow,  are you sure one of these teams is still fighting to stay in a playoff spot?  Would've been nice if Anderson made that save, but with Kostka making snow-angels he had to cheat against the pass across.  Kostka is not an NHL d-man; I don't care how many minutes Karlsson plays, don't ever put those two out together.  Play him with someone safe.

No no. You should dispute that with  SSF that clearly indicated that Kostka could be the bottom pairing guy and wideman could be a top 4 dman. Who needs that Schmuck Ceci in the top 4 with those other stars in the system. Sarcasm

Kostka struggles out there.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:

No no. You should dispute that with  SSF that clearly indicated that Kostka could be the bottom pairing guy and wideman could be a top 4 dman. Who needs that Schmuck Ceci in the top 4 with those other stars in the system. Sarcasm

Those guys aren't stars but Ceci isn't a huge upgrade on either. Sorry for the bad news.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I hear Mike "Jimmy" Hoffman scored tonight. Catching fire despite Cameron?

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I hear Mike "Jimmy" Hoffman scored tonight.  Catching fire despite Cameron?

Strange days.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoffman's goal was typical Hoffman. Screened shot from the point. Maybe someday he'll score from close in. ZBad's goal was a gift too. Karlsson's was a beaut.

Minnesota sure didn't look like a team clinging to the final playoff spot, but they have to be thankful for at least a point with Colorado right there with them.

Wow does the East ever suck horribly this year outside of Washington.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Hoffman's goal was typical Hoffman.  Screened shot from the point.  Maybe someday he'll score from close in.  ZBad's goal was a gift too.  Karlsson's was a beaut.

Minnesota sure didn't look like a team clinging to the final playoff spot, but they have to be thankful for at least a point with Colorado right there with them.

Wow does the East ever suck horribly this year outside of Washington.

Ottawa is 14-9-2 against Western Conference teams. Buffalo is 11-11-5. Even the lowly Leafs are 12-13-1. Ironically, it's teams like Florida and Boston that have losing records against the West. Oh, and Montreal is a whopping 6-17-3! But even with Montreal's record the Atlantic is slightly ahead at 94-93-22 against the West. The Met is significantly ahead at 114-71-19 (every team in the Met has a winning record against the East). Combined, the two Eastern Conference Divisions are 208-164-41 against the West.

So much for Western Dominance. Must be the other Babcock Effect.

P.S. It seems that the per-team sites still have the old NHL pages. The new NHL standings page doesn't let you see East vs West points but you can get them here:

http://senators.nhl.com/club/standings.htm?season=20152016&type=XVW

(or substitute "senators" for any other team name)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum