GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #68: Senators @ Hurricanes - 7:00 pm - Tuesday, March 8 2016

+6
dennycrane
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Ev
wprager
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Can't stand pat.   He stood pat last summer and failed.

But he didn't stand pat.  We've lost Greening, Michalek, Cowen, Phillips (or at least his cap hit), Prince and, very likely, Wiercioch; and gained Phaneuf, Puempel, Paul, Dzingel.  Starting the year with a healthy CMac and Turris also huge.  No big difficult decision about Puempel and Prince.  Just let Puempel play on the fourth line and get some reps in.  Paul and White also means Smith can continue playing on the wing, now that he seems to have found some chemistry.

That's a lot of turnover in the roster.

Now that he's addressed the D, he needs either a veteran C or a veteran winger.  You could roll with Drouin, but imo you need a vet up there.

Hopefully there's a trade out there like the Phaneuf trade, but a C.  

That's my opinion, obviously   but you don't need to make a move on D now unless you're getting a veteran 3rd pairing guy, you need to focus on the forwards.

I cant think Of any Good C that might be available. Then again maybe that will change. Maybe a team trying to get younger and that hasn't faired well as of late. You wonder what it would take to get Jordan stall. A while back it was rumoured they might want to get from under such a long term deal. Definitely cost us Zib plus probably our first + ? That's if they want to move him. I see them more as a team that want to add roster guys rather than draft picks.
Edit: might not actually cost us our first. Could be seen as good for them just to younger. Jordan has a cup and a few good runs in experience. Could be nice.

Nah. Not sure who'll be around, we might have to shake a few trees.

Duchene? Yes please

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Stamkos? I hear he plays center. But he also likes one timers from the left wing. We need a center and a left-winger. Pay him double to play both. Double shift him.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't see any reason for Stamkos signing with any Canadian team.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:I don't see any reason for Stamkos signing with any Canadian team.

Low loonie means cost of living is really low. Likely almost enough to offset the higher income tax rates. Guess it all comes down to how much he loves snow.

GAME DAY #68: Senators @ Hurricanes - 7:00 pm - Tuesday, March 8 2016 - Page 7 Giphy

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Stamkos?  I hear he plays center.  But he also likes one timers from the left wing.  We need a center and a left-winger.  Pay him double to play both. Double shift him.

now that is wishful thinking. plus melnyk will never put up 10-12 mill a year.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Stamkos?  I hear he plays center.  But he also likes one timers from the left wing.  We need a center and a left-winger.  Pay him double to play both. Double shift him.

now that is wishful thinking. plus melnyk will never put up 10-12 mill a year.
And Stamkos is not worth it. 8-9 is where he would fit, he is overrated.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum