GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #68: Senators @ Hurricanes - 7:00 pm - Tuesday, March 8 2016

+6
dennycrane
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Ev
wprager
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-making-the-nhls-development-model-better/

Are we looking at the final 15 games of Mike Hoffman’s tenure in Ottawa? Sure looks like it. The winger was benched Saturday in Toronto, then played 13:46 the next night against Dallas. I talked about it with one agent (not Hoffman’s), who points out the contract power pendulum will switch from the club, which did very well in his arbitration case last summer, to the player. He is one year from unrestricted free agency, and can go to arbitration once again. This time, his resume is deeper, as he’s become one of the best even-strength scorers in the league. Unless the Senators believe in him enough to offer a lengthy extension, and their usage certainly indicates doubt, you can’t let him walk for nothing.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bobby has been on the first pp all year

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:I've been a Dave Cameron supporter,  

And Dave Cameron has been a Michallica supporter, old friend.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:I've been a Dave Cameron supporter, but even I don't understand placing boro on the 1st line....

Wut?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Bobby has been on the first pp all year

He isn't now...at least not in the last game, he was with Gomez on the 2nd pp.

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Michallica wrote:I've been a Dave Cameron supporter,  

And Dave Cameron has been a Michallica supporter, old friend.

Both Dave Cameron and I have a soft spot for Bonanza fans

GAME DAY #68: Senators @ Hurricanes - 7:00 pm - Tuesday, March 8 2016 - Page 3 61243

tim1_2 wrote:
Michallica wrote:I've been a Dave Cameron supporter, but even I don't understand placing boro on the 1st line....

Wut?

Was responding to Flo's post about getting rid of head coach, and I referenced back to when Boro was played as a forward on the first line earlier in the scene. I hope that clears up your confusion.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's a craptacular team we're playing lol

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:That's a craptacular team we're playing lol

We're giving them a run for their money in the second.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Boro was a forward playing on the 4th line, not the first.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:That's a craptacular team we're playing lol

We're giving them a run for their money in the second.

Yeah we're terrible

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Zach fuckin' smith.

If there's one player I've been down on in the past it's this guy. Maybe I should be down on more guys...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I never understood why more guys don't like moving to the wing from center . It finally agreed with Smith!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:I never understood why more guys don't like moving to the wing from center .  It finally agreed with Smith!

Unless we get a great offer this summer which allows us to improve on our Numbers 2 C i dont see The Murray régime actually dealing smith this summer. They've become too loyal to him and he's Cameron's little Wing Dang Doodle.

Now what I wonder is how much is this a glitch on the radar and how much could we actually expect smith to score around 15 if he were to play wing on the third line with spot duty in the top 6 and on the PP?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OK, so I was having issues with the wifi -- actually, my son was -- long story short I reset the wifi router. 45 minutes later I finally have my TV and internet access back. Just in time to see the last 2 minutes and the tying goal. Sad

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:Zach fuckin' smith.

If there's one player I've been down on in the past it's this guy. Maybe I should be down on more guys...

Umm ... what? You offering personal service?

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Hoffman was on in the last portion of the game and he doesn't come off. I'd love to know how long that last shift was. Cameron who has shown no confidence in him defensively, puts Hoffman out at a critical time, brutal.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Even with Staal in New York, I still hate this team.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hobiesens wrote:Hoffman was on in the last portion of the game and he doesn't come off. I'd love to know how long that last shift was. Cameron who has shown no confidence in him defensively, puts Hoffman out at a critical time, brutal.

Hoffman had the puck on his stick and didn't clear it. There was about a dozen seconds left, if he clears it all the way game's probably over. Mind you, a few others could have cleared it also.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Why do we put smith in the shootout? It's not like he has moves. He scores because he puts himself in the right place.
You want to put someone that has at least a bit of skills and hands.... At least pageau before smith? Urghhhh

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum