GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+14
DirtyDave
LeCaptain
dennycrane
Oglethorpe
TheAvatar
spader
Flo The Action
tim1_2
PTFlea
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
Ev
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 55 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 43 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:Bottom line: zibanejad doesn't appear to be strong enough to support Turris, so...

Zibanejad is #100, which is outside the top 90 and at the top of the next 90.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:Imo, that's only a top line player if your 2nd line are all 50+ point guys.  That's super weak

Correct. While you can certainly be a successful team your top six forwards all around the 50 point mark, you would be very susceptible to being eliminated from the playoffs if your goalie went down with an injury.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Imo, that's only a top line player if your 2nd line are all 50+ point guys.  That's super weak

How is that weak? The Sens have a top offense and have no forwards at 60 points

We're not at 82 games yet. Ryan and Hoffman are both scoring at 0.75 PPG which is on pace for 61. Stone is a little above at 0.79. Turris would certainly be there, too, if not for the ankle. So the Sens have 4 players capable of hitting 60 points, plus Karlsson.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:

It all comes down to IF you can have two lines that can be interweaved as top lines, I guess. If the Sens can have six players at 50 points, then they don't need an elite level top line, but if not, they're gonna be hard pressed going forward.

We'll need to make an upgrade in our top six and hopefully get a healthy Mac back next year to take the next step forward, although I'll continue to maintain that we need an upgrade at 2C (or 1C, which would move Turris into a 1B role).

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:

We're not at 82 games yet.  Ryan and Hoffman are both scoring at 0.75 PPG which is on pace for 61.  Stone is a little above at 0.79.  Turris would certainly be there, too, if not for the ankle.  So the Sens have 4 players capable of hitting 60 points, plus Karlsson.

Yeah you're proving my point. That's not weak at all.

Hoffman won't get 60 though

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:

We're not at 82 games yet.  Ryan and Hoffman are both scoring at 0.75 PPG which is on pace for 61.  Stone is a little above at 0.79.  Turris would certainly be there, too, if not for the ankle.  So the Sens have 4 players capable of hitting 60 points, plus Karlsson.

Yeah you're proving my point. That's not weak at all.

Hoffman won't get 60 though

No, I am *not* proving your point. Your point was that the Sens did not have a weak offensive until yet did not have anyone at 60 points. I showed how they have 4 forwards (barring injuries) scoring at a 60+ pace. Hoffman has 18 games left and is at .75 P/G which is awfully close to 60. But he hasn't been getting 0.75 P/G lately. Still I think he is quite capable of getting to that level. Also MacArthur had 55 his first season here and has scored 62 once in the past. It's not inconceivable that he could get there again, provided that he is healthy.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So what do you guys think will be the return for Hoffman when he's traded?
I don't think we should but murr doesn't seem too keen to resign him.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:So what do you guys think will be the return for Hoffman when he's traded?
1st or 2nd if traded by himself

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:So what do you guys think will be the return for Hoffman when he's traded?

Him + Zibanejad for Duchene + piece, maybe their 1st?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TheAvatar wrote:

2nd? No thanks.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:

2nd?  No thanks.
Yeah... I don't think a second rounder is an acceptable return for a guy that scored 25 back to back.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If you want any chance at landing duschene you're gonna need to have a top 4 D part of the package.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Quick question: Why is everyone so convinced that Duchene is on the market?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:If you want any chance at landing duschene you're gonna need to have a top 4 D  part of the package.

Hoffman + Zibanejad + perhaps a pick for Duchene + is the best they're gonna get IMO.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:Quick question: Why is everyone so convinced that Duchene is on the market?
Because there were plenty of rumors at the start of the season. Personally, I don't think they are interested in dealing him right now.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:If you want any chance at landing duschene you're gonna need to have a top 4 D  part of the package.

Hoffman + Zibanejad + perhaps a pick for Duchene + is the best they're gonna get IMO.
Another team will be offering a top 4 D you can bet your Donkey.

Colorado reminds me of ottawa. Some good young pieces but not enough to be more than a borderline contender. Obviously we don't share the same strengths.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Colorado reminds me of ottawa. Some good young pieces but not enough to be more than a borderline contender. Obviously we don't share the same strengths.

Who would get Duchene with a top 4 D? Brodin ++ maybe, but who else has a top 4 to move?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Who would get Duchene with a top 4 D?  Brodin ++ maybe, but who else has a top 4 to move?

Ottawa has a "Top 4" they should move...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 43 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 55 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum