GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+14
DirtyDave
LeCaptain
dennycrane
Oglethorpe
TheAvatar
spader
Flo The Action
tim1_2
PTFlea
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
Ev
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 67]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Take advantage of this Drouin mess and make a trade. Ceci + Prince for Drouin. Get er done

KABLAM!!!! LET'S DROU IT!!!!

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
I'm not saying you attacked anyone. I'm just saying I'm not attacking you. You're making a big deal out of nothing.

Umm.

SeawaySensFan wrote:
You have no problem dishing it out? Right?

Or were you just asking a legitimate question?

Show me one thread where I "dished it out" on anyone. When someone calls you out for being an bunghole you can do a couple things. Carry on as usual, claiming you are not an bunghole and that the person accusing you is just making a big deal out of nothing. Or stop being an bunghole. Your choice.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Next time you're wrong I'll drop the "as usual" part  

Yeah, it's implied anyway.

I know you think this is funny, but when the person on the other side says he's not laughing along maybe it's better to stop.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
I'm not saying you attacked anyone. I'm just saying I'm not attacking you. You're making a big deal out of nothing.

Umm.

SeawaySensFan wrote:
You have no problem dishing it out? Right?

Or were you just asking a legitimate question?

Show me one thread where I "dished it out" on anyone.  When someone calls you out for being an bunghole you can do a couple things.  Carry on as usual, claiming you are not an bunghole and that the person accusing you is just making a big deal out of nothing.  Or stop being an bunghole.  Your choice.

I would have to start being a bunghole in the first place before stopping.

Let's say, for instance, I was calling someone a bunghole, that would make me a bunghole and I would definitely have to consider stopping being a bunghole for sure.

I think we're really on the same page here.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:No thanks. Wouldn't trade Ceci for Drouin at this point.

This trade should be no different than what we gave up for Filatov

Drouin >>>>> Filatov

Just looked too. Filatov is having a horrendous year in the K. 4 assists in 26 games played. What a bust.

That said, are Drouin's stats inflated by playing with McKinnon in Halifax? He's been less than impressive since leaving his side...

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Is Calgary thinking Cowen for Smid?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

Drouin >>>>> Filatov

Just looked too. Filatov is having a horrendous year in the K. 4 assists in 26 games played. What a bust.

That said, are Drouin's stats inflated by playing with McKinnon in Halifax? He's been less than impressive since leaving his side...

Why does Drouin >>>> Filatov at the same point in their respective careers? Drouin hasn't proven anything in the pros yet. Filatov had high upside as well. Obviously he isn't good now, but Drouin is heading on that path.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:

Drouin >>>>> Filatov

Why does Drouin >>>> Filatov at the same point in their respective careers? Drouin hasn't proven anything in the pros yet. Filatov had high upside as well. Obviously he isn't good now, but Drouin is heading on that path.

Filatov didn't listen or put in the effor. Drouin wants to play. A bit of a different scenario there. But you do make some good points. Drouin has more upside in my opinion. Filatov was a flight risk. Drouin has nowhere to go.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:

Drouin >>>>> Filatov

Filatov didn't listen or put in the effor. Drouin wants to play. A bit of a different scenario there. But you do make some good points. Drouin has more upside in my opinion. Filatov was a flight risk. Drouin has nowhere to go.

Drouin hasn't had great effort levels either. Every player can be a flight risk really. Drouin could go to Switzerland or whatever once his deal is up.

I'm not saying he will end up like Filatov but the situations are a bit similar to me. Good points by you though.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The KHL for a skilled Russian player is a much bigger draw than the Swiss league for a Canadian player. So, yes, Filatov was a higher flight risk then, than Drouin is now. Drouin wants to stay in North America and get NHL money and perks. But to say he has nowhere to go is a bit of hyperbole. Yzerman had calls from 29 other GMs, and serious talks progressed with 4-5 Western Conference teams. Montreal was ready to give them the moon, too. Who knows, this latest has clearly raised some red flags and I wouldn't be surprised if some of those Western teams are no-longer interested. And, frankly, this whole "can't trade within the Conference/Division" thing is a bit of a wash. With the cap in place there's enforced parity, so unless you are talking about a generational talent (you're not) you should really make the best trade for your team and not worry about being "burned" by the player later on. If anything, wouldn't you think there are 21 players just as pissed off at Drouin as Drouin may be at the Lighting? That's motivation, right there. Yzerman should pick up the phone and call the Habs: "Yeah, he's a bit of an arsehole but he's still Francophone, so pay up."

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:The KHL for a skilled Russian player is a much bigger draw than the Swiss league for a Canadian player.  So, yes, Filatov was a higher flight risk then, than Drouin is now.  Drouin wants to stay in North America and get  NHL money and perks.  But to say he has nowhere to go is a bit of hyperbole.  Yzerman had calls from 29 other GMs, and serious talks progressed with 4-5 Western Conference teams.  Montreal was ready to give them the moon, too.  Who knows, this latest has clearly raised some red flags and I wouldn't be surprised if some of those Western teams are no-longer interested.  And, frankly, this whole "can't trade within the Conference/Division" thing is a bit of a wash.  With the cap in place there's enforced parity, so unless you are talking about a generational talent (you're not) you should really make the best trade for your team and not worry about being "burned" by the player later on.  If anything, wouldn't you think there are 21 players just as pissed off at Drouin as Drouin may be at the Lighting?  That's motivation, right there.  Yzerman should pick up the phone and call the Habs: "Yeah, he's a bit of an arsehole but he's still Francophone, so pay up."

My thoughts exactly. Yzerman has to win this trade since he'll likely be losing Stamkos or paying him BIG money this off-season. I've posted before but Tampa has a lot of contract issues with pending UFAs and RFAs and it will be a challenge to keep them competitive. IMO he needs players signed long-term to cheap deals or players on ELC's. Someone like Gallagher out of Mtl makes sense.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Is Calgary thinking Cowen for Smid?

I'd say that's the likelihood. If not that, then it's probably Wideman for Cowen +.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:The KHL for a skilled Russian player is a much bigger draw than the Swiss league for a Canadian player.  So, yes, Filatov was a higher flight risk then, than Drouin is now.  Drouin wants to stay in North America and get  NHL money and perks.  But to say he has nowhere to go is a bit of hyperbole.  Yzerman had calls from 29 other GMs, and serious talks progressed with 4-5 Western Conference teams.  Montreal was ready to give them the moon, too.  Who knows, this latest has clearly raised some red flags and I wouldn't be surprised if some of those Western teams are no-longer interested.  And, frankly, this whole "can't trade within the Conference/Division" thing is a bit of a wash.  With the cap in place there's enforced parity, so unless you are talking about a generational talent (you're not) you should really make the best trade for your team and not worry about being "burned" by the player later on.  If anything, wouldn't you think there are 21 players just as pissed off at Drouin as Drouin may be at the Lighting?  That's motivation, right there.  Yzerman should pick up the phone and call the Habs: "Yeah, he's a bit of an arsehole but he's still Francophone, so pay up."

Well said. I think the fact that Tampa is basically getting burned right now by Drouin lessens the impact of getting burned by sending him to an in-division team. Also, there's the fact that whatever player he gets could "burn" the team he trades with. I think he'll take the best deal for Tampa, no matter who he's trading with.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

This pretty much sums up the season and what we can expect the rest of the way: up and down

http://www.tsn.ca/spoiler-alert-inconsistent-sens-are-not-contenders-1.427027

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:This pretty much sums up the season and what we can expect the rest of the way: up and down

Ha! I was just gonna post it. Finally a bit of truth from mendes. Although he still pads the ego by saying they could win a round or two in the playoffs. I can't imagine winning one. Possibly, but not two.
This team needs some Cussing defencemen.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:

I'd say that's the likelihood. If not that, then it's probably Wideman for Cowen +.

Cowen was actually pretty good last night.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:
spader wrote:

Cowen was actually pretty good last night.

BANNED.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:This pretty much sums up the season and what we can expect the rest of the way: up and down

I can't remember who it was on the radio on the way here today, Simpson perhaps, but he laid it out perfectly IMO. He wondered why people were so upset that Ottawa got destroyed last night, while reminding them that we were one of the worst teams in the league - the worst, he said, if not for Anderson's heroics.

It's true. This year is cringe-worthy. Aside from Karlsson, Ryan and Anderson, the whole team has been crappy for long stretches and it's just not good enough. MacArthur goes down and the entire top 6 collapses, while Murray foolishly counted on Cowen and Wiercioch (and to some extent Ceci) to carry the ball on D and that's completely and utterly blown up in his face.

Time for Murray to move along and time for a fresh voice to come in. That voice could come from within as well, I suggest Alfredsson who, I assume, would have a huge hunger to actually win something and might take some positive steps in getting there.

Time for Murray to step down.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum