GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day #40: Senators @ Blues - 8PM. Jan 4 2016

+7
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
TheAvatar
wprager
Flo The Action
PTFlea
SensHulk
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Take a break Prags.  I got this one.

Game Day #40: Senators @ Blues - 8PM. Jan 4 2016 Large @ Game Day #40: Senators @ Blues - 8PM. Jan 4 2016 Large

Brian 'Ells' Elliott to face his former squadron.

http://senators.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2015020584

SENATORS (18-15-6) at BLUES (23-14-4)

TV: RDS, TSN5, FS-MW

Season series: The Ottawa Senators and St. Louis Blues split two games last season, each winning 3-2 on the road. The Senators won the most recent matchup on Nov. 25, 2014 in a shootout on Bobby Ryan's game-deciding goal. Alexander Steen, who scored in each game, had the game-winner at Ottawa on Nov. 22, 2014.

Senators team scope: Ottawa will wrap up a quick two-game trip after a 3-0 loss at the Chicago Blackhawks on Sunday. Goalie Andrew Hammond could get the start Monday; Craig Anderson allowed two goals on 29 shots Sunday. The Senators have been shut out in back-to-back games and haven't scored in the past 135:38; they've lost three in a row. Ottawa is 1-5-0 in the second of back-to-back games but has won the past two games in St. Louis, winning each in a shootout.

Blues team scope: St. Louis was without center David Backes at practice on Sunday, but coach Ken Hitchcock said his captain will be in the lineup Monday. "Maintenance day, he'll be in tomorrow," Hitchcock said of Backes. "We reserve right to change our lineup tomorrow a little bit, but David will be in." Goalie Brian Elliott will start Monday. The Blues have gone 138:05 without a 5-on-5 goal, which was scored by defenseman Kevin Skattenkirk. For forwards, the drought has gone 147:56; the most-recent goal was scored by rookie Robby Fabbri. "It's adversity everyone faces throughout the year," center Paul Stastny said. "It's frustrating at times, but you try not to let it bother you. The minute we start playing too hesitant, too tentative and start worrying too much about that, that's when you get in trouble."

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think I'll pass on watching this one. We're gonna get raoee and I don't feel like sitting through it.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I missed yesterday's game, but will likely watch this one. However, Sens have won their last two games in st. louis via shootout.

Despite not scoring a goal in the last two games, it looks like they're improving defensively at least.....right??

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm not liking our chances on this one. Keep sliding in the standings.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:I missed yesterday's game, but will likely watch this one.  However, Sens have won their last two games in st. louis via shootout.  

Despite not scoring a goal in the last two games, it looks like they're improving defensively at least.....right??

They gave up 29 SOG which is 5 better than their average. But I thought Chicago weren't playing all that well . The Sens had just as many 10-bell chances but Crawford was great. They hit a post and the cross bar and missed the net multiple times during the PP. Plus Chicago really isn't that good this year -- a one-line team.

The Blues lost to the *Leafs* so here we go with an "angry team" again. I'm with SD on this one (although I always watch -- or at least always record).

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Something needs to happen ...

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Confirmed starters:

Game Day #40: Senators @ Blues - 8PM. Jan 4 2016 Logo1  VS  Game Day #40: Senators @ Blues - 8PM. Jan 4 2016 Latest

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Let's. Win.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:Something needs to happen ...

Like one or several trades.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Is the game not on regular tv? NHL CI is on free preview so I was recording it there but looks like there may be a problem with the signal (upstairs tv says lost signal). So while the kids are monopolizing the main set, wonder if I can catch some action on the Fibe app.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Will we ever score a goal again?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Is it odd that when you put your top goal scorer on the top unit PP he scores?  What a concept...

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Is it odd that when you put your top goal scorer on the top unit PP he scores?  What a concept...

It's amazing isn't it? But as EV as expressed, he probably cNt do it consistently. Sarcasm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'd like to have Hoffman play on the line with stone and turris. Could totally get that going. Get mika with Ryan. And Prince on the other one. Things will happen.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Holy Diddle! Wtf was turris (not) doing on the overtime? Just standing around.

Bobby Ryan with a great game.

Last edited by Flo The Action on Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum