GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day #40: Senators @ Blues - 8PM. Jan 4 2016

+7
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
TheAvatar
wprager
Flo The Action
PTFlea
SensHulk
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:That shift where they were both gassed in ot was hilarious.  The whole ot was awesome.

It was an absolutely entertaining debacle. Turris and Hoff were just gassed, but Hoffman did it to himself with a couple brutal turnovers. I see why he gets benched sometimes. With him it's just a case of the good vastly outweighing the bad.

Stone's pass on Ryan's OT winner was phenomenal. Can't say enough good things about that guy. He's pretty much a slower version of The Alfie.

It was also nice to see Karlsson's ice time reduced a little bit.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:That shift where they were both gassed in ot was hilarious.  The whole ot was awesome.

It was an absolutely entertaining debacle.  Turris and Hoff were just gassed, but Hoffman did it to himself with a couple brutal turnovers.  I see why he gets benched sometimes.  With him it's just a case of the good vastly outweighing the bad.

Stone's pass on Ryan's OT winner was phenomenal.  Can't say enough good things about that guy.  He's pretty much a slower version of The Alfie.

Yeah, both plays on that goal were awesome. Wideman keeping it in and preventing an odd man rush, then stones unreal saucer over the dman to Ryan. Just lovely when that goes your way.

Hammond was amazing as well.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:Confirmed starters:

Game Day #40: Senators @ Blues - 8PM. Jan 4 2016 - Page 3 Logo1  VS  Game Day #40: Senators @ Blues - 8PM. Jan 4 2016 - Page 3 Latest

Why is Elliot Casey Jones?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Thank God Ottawa pulled that out of the jaws of defeat.  Hammond played very well too which is nice to see.  Hoffman nearly blew it for us a couple times in OT with brain-dead dangles that turned the puck over.  Stone was awesome again.

One might say that hams were burgled.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
Michallica wrote:Confirmed starters:

Game Day #40: Senators @ Blues - 8PM. Jan 4 2016 - Page 3 Logo1  VS  Game Day #40: Senators @ Blues - 8PM. Jan 4 2016 - Page 3 Latest

Why is Elliot Casey Jones?

Answer: http://ingoalmag.com/masks/elliott-mask-glow-in-dark-casey-jones-taming-moose/

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Has anyone seen an update on the Zibanejad injury?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

TheAvatar wrote:Has anyone seen an update on the Zibanejad injury?

Heard it wasn't as bad as it looked. He traveled with the team back to Ottawa, so it means he didn't need to be hospitalized or take precautions about cabin pressure (pretty sure if he had swelling in the eye they would not let him fly).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Not new info:

Don Brennan ‏@SunDoniB 17h17 hours ago

Zibanejad's right eye looks nasty. He had a couple of stitches around the eye, there's swelling, and he'll be checked Tuesday #sens

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:

It was an absolutely entertaining debacle.  Turris and Hoff were just gassed, but Hoffman did it to himself with a couple brutal turnovers.  I see why he gets benched sometimes.  With him it's just a case of the good vastly outweighing the bad.  

Stone's pass on Ryan's OT winner was phenomenal.  Can't say enough good things about that guy.  He's pretty much a slower version of The Alfie.

I know Hoffman had his moments and yes I noticed the giveaways in OT but so did all the other guys on the ice. Turris was very questionable in OT so was stone sliding on the ice and even Bobby at times. Let's just face it, 3on3 is insane. But I find people have decided they want to notice the bad with Hoffman and let the bad slide in others. I think they all have their bad and good moments. I actually love all those guys on my team and see something special there. I just hope they can start playing in unison again because it gets pretty disjointed at times this past month. And the W are getting rare.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Yeah, both plays on that goal were awesome.  Wideman keeping it in and preventing an odd man rush, then stones unreal saucer over the dman to Ryan.  Just lovely when that goes your way.

Hammond was amazing as well.  

I still can't believe there's people complaining about Ryan. The only time the guy hasn't been good is when he was injured or at the end of last season when it could easily be argued that without his summer conditioning due to his injury he just ran out of gas.
The guy is a warrior out there on most night, great attitude, great team guy. Glad we gave him that extension. Would do it again today.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Who is complaining about Ryan? He's been our best forward.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Easily too. He had a slow start, but it was still pretty good.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Easily too.  He had a slow start, but it was still pretty good.

He had an atypical fast start and only really hit a slump recently.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Easily too.  He had a slow start, but it was still pretty good.

Agreed. Best start as a Sen hands down.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Not sure where "slow start" comment is coming from. He scored his first goal in game #4. He was producing points early and steadily (8 in his first 10, 11 in his next 10, 9 in his next 10, 8 points with a game to go for his next 10).

His goal production was not where we expected it but he's been playing through a broken finger last two seasons.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Not sure where "slow start" comment is coming from.  He scored his first goal in game #4.  He was producing points early and steadily (8 in his first 10, 11 in his next 10, 9 in his next 10, 8 points with a game to go for his next 10).

His goal production was not where we expected it but he's been playing through a broken finger last two seasons.

SpezD said he had a slow start, but what the rest of us are saying is he got off to a good start this season, whereas normally, he is a slow starter.  So I, too, am not sure where the "slow start" comment is coming from, since it doesn't make any sense.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Not sure where "slow start" comment is coming from.  He scored his first goal in game #4.  He was producing points early and steadily (8 in his first 10, 11 in his next 10, 9 in his next 10, 8 points with a game to go for his next 10).

SpezD said he had a slow start, but what the rest of us are saying is he got off to a good start this season, whereas normally, he is a slow starter.  So I, too, am not sure where the "slow start" comment is coming from, since it doesn't make any sense.

Makes as much sense as repeatedly insisting that Lazar is excellent.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Makes as much sense as repeatedly insisting "Right you are!"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum