GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #29: Senators @ Lightning - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 10 2015

+7
PTFlea
Flo The Action
spader
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
wprager
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Hmm, I see 6 hits for Neil.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Wideman had 7 shots on goal????! WTH!

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Six giveaways. Six powerplays in total.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

a game of mistakes. Despite being down 5-on-3, sens had a chance to kill it off. Ol' reliable JGP blocks a shot, carries the puck out to their blue line, but stops because he wants to pass it back to the dmen to kill more time and gets stripped of the puck, and the lightning go down and score with a handful of seconds left in the first period. Rare to see JGP be the goat but he was definitely the cause of that goal.

Second goal to begin the second period, hoffman missed his man in kucherov, and he corrals an easy rebound. 3rd goal was just a clusterdiddle.

I was annoyed with that game. Could have won it (or at least got it to OT), give credit to bishop he made some good saves. I hope the sens learn from this. Obviously can't win them all but also can't make such terrible mistakes (especially the JGP one).

also, mark stone has emerged as the best forward on this team. If there's a jersey to get, it's his.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:a game of mistakes.  Despite being down 5-on-3, sens had a chance to kill it off.  Ol' reliable JGP blocks a shot, carries the puck out to their blue line, but stops because he wants to pass it back to the dmen to kill more time and gets stripped of the puck, and the lightning go down and score with a handful of seconds left in the first period.  Rare to see JGP be the goat but he was definitely the cause of that goal.

Second goal to begin the second period, hoffman missed his man in kucherov, and he corrals an easy rebound.  3rd goal was just a clusterdiddle.  

I was annoyed with that game.  Could have won it (or at least got it to OT), give credit to bishop he made some good saves.  I hope the sens learn from this.  Obviously can't win them all but also can't make such terrible mistakes (especially the JGP one).
also, mark stone has emerged as the best forward on this team.  If there's a jersey to get, it's his.

JGP was probably due for an error like that. It'll happen when you're as dangerous shorthanded as he is.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Just not a great game from start to finish - and when we did get chances Bishop was a wall. Shake it off and regroup.

Don't care if I see Prince again, but would like to see Paul or Puempel.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:Just not a great game from start to finish - and when we did get chances Bishop was a wall.  Shake it off and regroup.

I've kinda had it with small callups. Pageau and Hoffman worked out, which is great, but at some point you want to stop making your team smaller. Paul is a pretty big boy. Sure, let's see what he's got. And might as well send Lazar down to keep Hammond company. He could use a "conditioning" stint himself -- get re-conditioned to score.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You mean nick paul and his 0 goals in the AHL? Not thank you. Ill take my chances with puempel.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:Good loss.

What do you mean? I missed the game.

Good control all game, multiple chances, couple brain farts that resulted in goals against.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

The only thing I hate on this team right now is Chiasson skating with the puck behind the net and not know wtf to do with it.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:
spader wrote:

Good control all game, multiple chances, couple brain farts that resulted in goals against.

We must have watched different games. scratch

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:The only thing I hate on this team right now is Chiasson skating with the puck behind the net and not know wtf to do with it.

Clearly there is more you must hate about this team?
The shots we allow on net for one?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:
spader wrote:

We must have watched different games. scratch

TSN pannel agrees with me Nod

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:The only thing I hate on this team right now is Chiasson skating with the puck behind the net and not know wtf to do with it.

Clearly there is more you must hate about this team?
The shots we allow on net for one?

We haven't allowed that many shots lately. Yesterday for instance we were 31-29 in shots, and that's including a 1min sequence where Tampa just threw like 5 SOG from impossible angles.

If you look at the average SOG against we are at 33.6 right now. Last 3 games we allowed 29,27, and 31.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Just not a great game from start to finish - and when we did get chances Bishop was a wall.  Shake it off and regroup.

I've kinda had it with small callups.  Pageau and Hoffman worked out, which is great, but at some point you want to stop making your team smaller.  Paul is a pretty big boy.  Sure, let's see what he's got.  And might as well send Lazar down to keep Hammond company.  He could use a "conditioning" stint himself -- get re-conditioned to score.

I'd think about sending Lazar down for sure. Paul isn't really lighting it up down there so I guess it depends on what Richardson says

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:You mean nick paul and his 0 goals in the AHL? Not thank you. Ill take my chances with puempel.

Draisaitl stunk in the AHL and has been great when called up. Some players to better when they have skill to play with.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum