GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #29: Senators @ Lightning - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 10 2015

+7
PTFlea
Flo The Action
spader
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
wprager
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

There is definitely a question of sustainability where sens haven't been able to show they can play the complete game that's required to be an elite team. I also hope their defensive game improves. Shots against will catch up eventually. Too many giveaways will do that

spader

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I think that second statement applies equally to the Sens. We are still waiting for a few players to wake up and smell the coffee (Zibanejad, Lazar, Cowen, Wiercioch, Michalek and even, to a lesser extent, Pageau and Ceci).  

I'm pretty happy with JGP. He's on pace for ~20 goals and he currently leads the league in shorties. He's doing just fine.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Let's electrify these dolts. See what I did there?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Let's electrify these dolts. See what I did there?

You rascal.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nothing like the Sens to cure the scoring woes of the Lightning.

- Unknown Author

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Good loss.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

LeCaptain wrote:Good loss.

What do you mean? I missed the game.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I thought they were pretty flat overall. Good stretches offset by not so good. The same effort won't be good enough against Montreal who are suddenly overdue for a win.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think multiple trades are what this team needs. Now!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bah!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

My fears were founded. Not really liking this. I told you id rther have montreal winning against the bruins. Now we have the red wings and bruins gaining points and montreal due for a win.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:I think multiple trades are what this team needs. Now!

Not according to Mr. Bryan Murray who gave quite the interview yesterday afternoon to Mendes on TSN 1200.

Anyway, yeah, this game was a stinker. Those simultaneous minor penalties that gave the Lightning a full two minute 5 on 3 put us behind the 8-ball, and we didn't really recover. The annoying thing was that both the calls (on Boro and Wideman) were correct, so we can't even blame the refs.

It's a game like this where we miss Clarkie Mac and 9MM...both good PKers in addition to providing a bit of secondary scoring which is important when the big guns aren't finding the net.

Poor Curtis Lazar...golden scoring opportunity and he hit the post. Keep smilin' kid!

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

This was game 3 of a 20 game stretch where 14 are played on the road. In 180 minutes, they have led for about 12.

Put in Shane Prince. I don't care if a D man has their feelings hurt. There is no excuse for Boro playing up front for > 1 game.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i liked Boro, that line created some chances. I'd like to see Nick Paul get a shot before Prince

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I deleted the game out of frustration at the result. Only saw a bit of it live. The most important question that needs answering:

What happened, that was relatively significant and is related to the number SIX? I need it for the next stanza.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hmm, I see 6 hits for Neil.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wideman had 7 shots on goal????! WTH!

wprager

wprager