GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+16
mattshock
SensHulk
TheAvatar
DirtyDave
LeCaptain
Oglethorpe
NEELY
rooneypoo
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
Ev
PTFlea
wprager
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 37 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 67]

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Sounds like Kevin Bieksa is on the block.

Farhan Lalji ‏@FarhanLaljiTSN 13m13 minutes ago
To clarify, #canucks have spoken to Bieksa about moving on. He's agreed to waive if the right trade comes. A trade hasn't been finalized.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Honestly I think both those guys were finding their stride at the end of the season and you saw chemistry.  You can call them the 2nd or 3rd pair if you want but I wouldn't break those two players up.  I like the pairing a lot... hell I like the D a lot in general.  Young, talented, tough, and smart... they just need that experience and they have a bit now.  

I would say let them play this year and see where the chips fall once the next season is complete.

I'm not sure this is a season where the org is willing to do that.

There's a lot to look forward to but I think certain guys could use a lot more seasoning in more limited roles or in the AHL. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Wiercioch and a vet like Dennis Wideman.

LET'S DO IT!!!!

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Fair enough, I get where people are coming from but again I just have a ton of faith in that blueline and I think Wideman would be an ideal partner for Boroweicki.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Fair enough, I get where people are coming from but again I just have a ton of faith in that blueline and I think Wideman would be an ideal partner for Boroweicki.

Dennis?

Anyways, lots of credible D depth but not top-heavy enough IMO.

If the team as whole wants to be legit, Bingo has to take a huge step forward this year. That team has got to be STACKED to be relied on to support the team in Ottawa as they improve. No reason for this not to happen.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:Fair enough, I get where people are coming from but again I just have a ton of faith in that blueline and I think Wideman would be an ideal partner for Boroweicki.

Dennis?

Anyways, lots of credible D depth but not top-heavy enough IMO.

If the team as whole wants to be legit, Bingo has to take a huge step forward this year. That team has got to be STACKED to be relied on to support the team in Ottawa as they improve. No reason for this not to happen.

I'm on board. Stack the farm! Or, as someone else on here might say...

LET'S DO IT!!!! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

But then the blue line will get even softer, and since we don't really have rough/tough forwards that could be a problem. Neil is not getting any younger, Greening is on his way out, Smith seemingly forgot about hitting. Pageau is literally our roughest forward.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:

But then the blue line will get even softer, and since we don't really have rough/tough forwards that could be a problem.  Neil is not getting any younger, Greening is on his way out, Smith seemingly forgot about hitting.  Pageau is literally our roughest forward.

Because Chi TB, and Ana were so fierce? I like physical hockey as much as anyone, maybe more so but lets not pretend a blueline needs to be big and physical on every pair. Methot and Borowiecki is about all you need to check the boxes.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Soderberg to Col for a 6th. ROR is gone-zo

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Soderberg to Col for a 6th.  ROR is gone-zo

I guess that's reasonable value on a UFA this close to being free to sign anywhere.

If they sign him, that's ROR's ticket out. They aren't going to put all their eggs in that basket until he's signed though. I look at this more as a backup plan at this point.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:

I guess that's reasonable value on a UFA this close to being free to sign anywhere.

If they sign him, that's ROR's ticket out. They aren't going to put all their eggs in that basket until he's signed though. I look at this more as a backup plan at this point.
I'm confused. Aren't all teams allowed to talk to FA agents at this point? What's keeping them from just getting a contract in good order and have him sign it on July 1st?

Yea that has ROR leaving town written all over it. I wonder who wins that expensive sweepstake.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:

I'm confused. Aren't all teams allowed to talk to FA agents at this point? What's keeping them from just getting a contract in good order and have him sign it on July 1st?

Yea that has ROR leaving town written all over it. I wonder who wins that expensive sweepstake.

Are they already allowed to talk contract with pending FAs? I'm not clear on that rule.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:
wprager wrote:

But then the blue line will get even softer, and since we don't really have rough/tough forwards that could be a problem.  Neil is not getting any younger, Greening is on his way out, Smith seemingly forgot about hitting.  Pageau is literally our roughest forward.

Because Chi TB, and Ana were so fierce?  I like physical hockey as much as anyone, maybe more so but lets not pretend a blueline needs to be big and physical on every pair.  Methot and Borowiecki is about all you need to check the boxes.

Hawks, yes, but Anaheim absolutely is tougher. They didn't have experience in goal, otherwise they would/should have gotten past Chicago in six.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:

ROR and his agent, that's who.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:

Are they already allowed to talk contract with pending FAs? I'm not clear on that rule.

You are allowed to trade someone that's still under contract. The trade deadline is to trade for someone who can be on your roster for the playoffs. The Free Agent Frenzy is when contracts are up and free agents are allowed to talk to other teams (yeah, right, with huge contracts signed within minutes of that time).

So teams can trade their own players (whether they are pending free agents or not) up until their contracts expire, pretty much any time other than the Christmas break.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:

You are allowed to trade someone that's still under contract.  The trade deadline is to trade for someone who can be on your roster for the playoffs.  The Free Agent Frenzy is when contracts are up and free agents are allowed to talk to other teams (yeah, right, with huge contracts signed within minutes of that time).

So teams can trade their own players (whether they are pending free agents or not) up until their contracts expire, pretty much any time other than the Christmas break.

This isn't what we were talking about. The question was when can other teams talk to FAs. There's a window of time that opened up in the new CBA when other teams could talk to pending FAs.

There's a period of time when those other teams can talk to pending FAs, but can't actually agree to a deal. That's what I was asking about.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

They're allowed. Montreal is talking to Beleskey says McGuire.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:They're allowed. Montreal is talking to Beleskey says McGuire.
And quite a few team are talking to Dubniyk.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:They're allowed. Montreal is talking to Beleskey says McGuire.

I'm just trying to remember the timeline on that. When can they start talking to pending FAs?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 37 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum