GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+16
mattshock
SensHulk
TheAvatar
DirtyDave
LeCaptain
Oglethorpe
NEELY
rooneypoo
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
Ev
PTFlea
wprager
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 67]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Doggie Hamilton sticks with Flames for 5.75 x 6 years

more to come
He must really wanted out of Boston if he took this deal from Calgary. That's a deal I'm sure Boston could of made work. By all counts he must have been asking them for a lot more in the hopes of a trade.

Crazy.
Young Sweeney is being widely criticized for pulling the trigger so quick without negotiating. Lack of pedigree is showing up for sure.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

The Hamilton deal I still don't get but the Lucic deal wasn't complete until yesterday and they ended up getting 2 first rounders for him and a prospect for a 1 year rental. That's not bad return for a guy who has peaked and is on a downslide.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

spader wrote:
Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:Bet?

$20 somebody signs him

By the way, Ribeiro is resigning in Nashville

Ribeiro is a lazy comparison. Come on now.

I could see Semin get a 1 or 2 year deal in a place like Florida or even NJ.

Ugh, NJ is always a possibility. I just think he leaves for $$$ in the KHL, that's what I am betting on. That and he dislikes NA.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeCaptain wrote:
wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:
wprager wrote:None of those players are anywhere near Saad's level, though.  

Dano could be.

"Could be" for a guy you've invested 6 years to develop?  Looking back at Dano's stats he hasn't shown all that much offense at other levels.  We'll see, I guess.

Let's not exagerate, he was drafted in 2011.

Saad is not a difference maker in Chicago, they can find an easy cheaper alternative.

Re: 6 years -- took a stab.

Re: not a difference maker -- numbers tell a different story. I won't bother with links because I know I can't convince anyone. Time will tell.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm not a Lucic fan by any stretch but I'm not sure you can say he's on the decline yet. He just seems like a player that needs motivation. Can't generate it himself like the elite.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:I'm not a Lucic fan by any stretch but I'm not sure you can say he's on the decline yet.  He just seems like a player that needs motivation.  Can't generate it himself like the elite.  

IMO he's completely peaked and he will trail off gradually over time. He's not done but he's not worth what he's about to get next year and as you say, the motivation may not be there.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Glad we dodged that bullet. There was some interest here in Lucic.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Lucic trade may be one of the worst in the last year or so.

a 13th OV pick, a goalie whose worth was a 2nd minimum (ended up being a 1st) and a decent prospect

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I like the Lucic trade for Boston now they moved Jones. Lucic is not the same player that came into the league.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:I like the Lucic trade for Boston now they moved Jones.  Lucic is not the same player that came into the league.

I think Boston made the worst trade of the year in Hamilton, but I think they made the 2nd best move in trading Lucic for 2 1sts.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hamilton trade is awful, no question. They might throw big money at Green today though and the long term plan was to draft Hannifan but that fell through.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
spader wrote:
Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:Bet?

$20 somebody signs him

By the way, Ribeiro is resigning in Nashville

Ribeiro is a lazy comparison. Come on now.

I could see Semin get a 1 or 2 year deal in a place like Florida or even NJ.

Ugh, NJ is always a possibility.  I just think he leaves for $$$ in the KHL, that's what I am betting on.  That and he dislikes NA.

It's still a pretty good bet.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll take a 10 dollar bet Semin signs somewhere in the NHL.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I believe the going rate was set at $20.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I like the odd bet but I can't cover everyones lol

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

10 is about the best I would do.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:
wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Dano could be.

"Could be" for a guy you've invested 6 years to develop?  Looking back at Dano's stats he hasn't shown all that much offense at other levels.  We'll see, I guess.

Saad is not a difference maker in Chicago, they can find an easy cheaper alternative.

Re: not a difference maker -- numbers tell a different story.  I won't bother with links because I know I can't convince anyone.  Time will tell.

8th on the team in playoff scoring...numbers sure give the same story.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeCaptain wrote:
wprager wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:
wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Dano could be.

Re: not a difference maker -- numbers tell a different story.  I won't bother with links because I know I can't convince anyone.  Time will tell.

8th on the team in playoff scoring...numbers sure give the same story.

Scored a few HUGE goals and played well as a 22 year old. Been a pretty key part of 2 Cup winning teams (or 1 key part and 1 getting his feet wet I guess). 4th in scoring for Chicago's forwards during the year, speed, a nose for the net, doesn't shy away from contact.

It all depends on his new contract. If they skip the bridge and go to 6 or 6.5 it's terrible, if they pay him properly, he'll be a major asset.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum