GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+16
mattshock
SensHulk
TheAvatar
DirtyDave
LeCaptain
Oglethorpe
NEELY
rooneypoo
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
Ev
PTFlea
wprager
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 55 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 43 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:I like it but don't think players will care that much. They also won't want to injure their NHL teammates.

I think European players will care. World championship events are a big thing in Europe.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:I like it but don't think players will care that much. They also won't want to injure their NHL teammates.

I think European players will care. World championship events are a big thing in Europe.

probably not since these aren't the world championships...and it's in North America. I doubt they cared about the last one.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Little Timmy narrowing down to Franson. Can't say I like the move but it's two years, basic stop gap before Buffalo can do anything really.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:

By "European players" are you talking about the ones playing for their actual country or the riff-raff from countries that don't rate their own team?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Little Timmy narrowing down to Franson. Can't say I like the move but it's two years, basic stop gap before Buffalo can do anything really.

I think Franson is a really good d-man who fits in anywhere. It's a shame he'll be wasted in Buffalo. The guy hits, blocks shots, can play PP/PK, whatever. He would've looked good in a Sens uniform if we could've dealt another d-man or two.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Franson is OK, not really good.

He is however excellent in fantasy leagues and I got him in the 17th round of my draft.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

By "European players" are you talking about the ones playing for their actual country or the riff-raff from countries that don't rate their own team?
The ones playing obviously

NEELY

Mod
Mod

WC of Hockey is going to bomb and bomb huge. No one cares.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Bruins three first rounders, Senyshyn, DeBrusk, Zboril, all apparently failed the "conditioning test" at rookie camp. No idea what the implications of that are, though, other than maybe the test is too hard or the three young 'uns are a little out of shape.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

probably just means they failed the NHL conditioning test. Which is no surprise.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Team Sweden are all Europeans, as is Finland, Czhech and so on. Russia, Canada and USA are the only three that aren't. Then there is the Europe team which is made up of players without a national team. All of those players will be playing.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Team Sweden are all Europeans, as is Finland, Czhech and so on.  Russia, Canada and USA are the only three that aren't.  Then there is the Europe team which is made up of players without a national team.  All of those players will be playing.

Russia isn't Europe now?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

To be honest, I like the European team and the young guns team. It's different, sure, but at least mixes it up a bit.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:To be honest, I like the European team and the young guns team.  It's different, sure, but at least mixes it up a bit.  

That's how I see it. A nice way to celebrate the game with a new twist.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Again, it will bomb like it did in 2004 and 2006. Why? Because no one cares... maybe Canadians but that's it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Team Sweden are all Europeans, as is Finland, Czhech and so on.  Russia, Canada and USA are the only three that aren't.  Then there is the Europe team which is made up of players without a national team.  All of those players will be playing.

Russia isn't Europe now?

Most of Russia is in Asia. The Ural mountains divide Europe and Asia. Here's a map:

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 43 Russia10

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

the Russia that matters is in Europe, though.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:the Russia that matters is in Europe, though.

Forgive me for being geographically pedantic. But not all Team Russia players were born in Europe. Malkin was born in Magnitogorsk, which straddles the Ural river but, technically, he is Asian-born. I'm sure there are many other examples.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 43 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 55 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum