GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Flames @ Sens - Sunday, Mar 8th 7:00pm, City

+8
Vandelay
wprager
Ev
SeawaySensFan
Hobiesens
Cap'n Clutch
NEELY
tim1_2
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

LeCaptain wrote:It was not Anderson's fault, Hammond would have probably let double in.

Team played better for Hammond. Even when he had a so-so game against Buffalo (especially that 2nd goal) they rallied and came back.

It's almost like the expectation(with Anderson) was that 4-0, we've done our job and fully expect you to finish up. But with Hammond, because of his inexperience they were playing more desperate hockey.

Also playing on the road vs. at home.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:It was not Anderson's fault, Hammond would have probably let double in.

Team played better for Hammond.  Even when he had a so-so game against Buffalo (especially that 2nd goal) they rallied and came back.

It's almost like the expectation(with Anderson) was that 4-0, we've done our job and fully expect you to finish up.  But with Hammond, because of his inexperience they were playing more desperate hockey.

Also playing on the road vs. at home.  

They were up 4-0 and they were already looking ahead to the Boston game. It would have been the same if Hammond was in net.

The odds of losing when up 4-0 are astronomically low. It's just human nature to stop trying especially when you are thinking about the next game against a rival

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That needs to be a lesson learned though. Human nature is one thing, but when you're a team that's only 'good' at this point in your ascension, you need to be focusing on every shift. Especially if you're a young player, there's really no excuse.

Shake that one off, but hopefully take something from it. And both teams are equally guilty of it - both young teams too - coincidence?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Lesson learned? That kidn of game may not happen again in the next 2-3 seasons, they probably won't remember it.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Time to lock this bad boy.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Take the same lesson up 3 goals then.  It was 4-1 and they had every opportunity to regroup and refocus and they crapped the bed.  Same at 4-3, they had every opportunity to hunker down and play the game that's made them successful.  There's always lessons to be learned when you make such major errors like the Sens did in the 3rd period - most importantly - why did the forecheck completely stop? Looking forward to the Bruins game my arse, when the game hit 4-1 and the Flames were forechecking us like mad, we needed a response.

Lots to learn from this kind of game.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Take the same lesson up 3 goals then.  It was 4-1 and they had every opportunity to regroup and refocus and they crapped the bed.  Same at 4-3, they had every opportunity to hunker down and play the game that's made them successful.  There's always lessons to be learned when you make such major errors like the Sens did in the 3rd period - most importantly - why did the forecheck completely stop?  Looking forward to the Bruins game my arse, when the game hit 4-1 and the Flames were forechecking us like mad, we needed a response.

To answer the question in bold, they hunkered down too much.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Take the same lesson up 3 goals then.  It was 4-1 and they had every opportunity to regroup and refocus and they crapped the bed.  Same at 4-3, they had every opportunity to hunker down and play the game that's made them successful.  There's always lessons to be learned when you make such major errors like the Sens did in the 3rd period - most importantly - why did the forecheck completely stop?  Looking forward to the Bruins game my arse, when the game hit 4-1 and the Flames were forechecking us like mad, we needed a response.

To answer the question in bold, they hunkered down too much.

Yeah, probably.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeCaptain wrote:Lesson learned? That kidn of game may not happen again in the next 2-3 seasons, they probably won't remember it.

The lesson applies to 1-0, 2-0, 3-0, 2-1, 3-2 and all other kinds of leads. Until the horn goes you need to remember the ABCs of hockey: Always Be not-Coasting.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Lesson to be learned for Cameron and the rest of the coaching staff, too. For example, when did Cameron call the timeout. They were outplayed for a long stretch before the first goal.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:Lesson learned? That kidn of game may not happen again in the next 2-3 seasons, they probably won't remember it.

The lesson applies to 1-0, 2-0, 3-0, 2-1, 3-2 and all other kinds of leads.  Until the horn goes you need to remember the ABCs of hockey: Always Be not-Coasting.

up 4-0 is way different than 1-0. There's no point going 100% all-out when your're up by that many goals

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Not all out but they lost their composure which should always be practiced, 1-0, 4-0, 10-0. Getting away from your game happens, especially with young teams but that has happened a few times. Sens got cocky on Sunday, no way around it.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Or maybe the Flames are an equally good team and they deserve some credit which nobody seems to acknowledge here

NEELY

Mod
Mod

LeCaptain wrote:Or maybe the Flames are an equally good team and they deserve some credit which nobody seems to acknowledge here

100% they deserve credit, I think they received plenty for not quitting and being a 3rd period team. That said no team in the NHL should lose a 4 goal lead to any other team.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum