GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do You Trade Anderson?

+7
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
wprager
LeCaptain
NEELY
tim1_2
dennycrane
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Do You Trade Anderson? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Trade Anderson? Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:05 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Interesting discussion. Yet we are no closer to answering the question: "Do You Trade Anderson?"

17Do You Trade Anderson? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Trade Anderson? Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:19 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:Interesting discussion. Yet we are no closer to answering the question: "Do You Trade Anderson?"

Do You Trade Anderson? - Page 2 Tumblr_n7zzpd30aZ1qzdfwko1_400

18Do You Trade Anderson? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Trade Anderson? Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:33 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Depends on the return, but what gives any indication Lehner is ready to be a starter?

Lehner isn't quite as consistent as you would like in a starter, but he is certainly capable of turning in more good efforts than poor. I don't really have a problem with him being our #1 as long as we all understand that it's a downgrade over Matrix in the short term.

19Do You Trade Anderson? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Trade Anderson? Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:34 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:Interesting discussion. Yet we are no closer to answering the question: "Do You Trade Anderson?"

I? No. I can't trade Anderson. But I think Brian Murray *should*.

20Do You Trade Anderson? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Trade Anderson? Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:58 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

you can make a good trade that helps us in the future then yes, you trade anderson. I would not trade him for the sake of trading him. it has to be to adress an area of need.
But i agree that towards the deadline something will probably happen. Anderson, Neil and Phillips are the bodies i'd say should probably go.

Lehner isn't perfect every night but neither was carey Price when he came out for the Habs. and besides with the team playing in front of Lehner he'll get his chance to learn steadily.

we lose Anderson we will probably lose more games... it might not be a bad idea this season. that 1st rounder would be good if it was high.
as long as the kids play hard and the whole team is out there trying their best I see this year as part of the learning curve.

21Do You Trade Anderson? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Trade Anderson? Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:25 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Depends on the return, but what gives any indication Lehner is ready to be a starter?

Lehner isn't quite as consistent as you would like in a starter, but he is certainly capable of turning in more good efforts than poor. I don't really have a problem with him being our #1 as long as we all understand that it's a downgrade over Matrix in the short term.

Well depends what Anderson shows up. The one from the year, yah it is. The one from last year? No chance.

22Do You Trade Anderson? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Trade Anderson? Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:45 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think Anderson has shown now that he can man the ship as a starter. I mean...if he can be one of the top goalies through this season, he could even help Edmonton.

I wouldn't be excited to trade him unless the return was substantial.

23Do You Trade Anderson? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Trade Anderson? Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:21 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Stat I heard on the radio today.

Save % Since Last Year's Olympics:
1. Anderson .935
2. Price .934

If you think that Anderson can keep this up, do you consider moving Lehner? I think Anderson would be a better fit for a team in contention, Lehner may be a better option for a team like Edmonton.

24Do You Trade Anderson? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Trade Anderson? Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:48 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I would consider moving Lehner under pretty much no circumstances. The return would have to be ridiculous. I think Lehner will be a top 5 goalie in the league for well over a decade.

25Do You Trade Anderson? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Trade Anderson? Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:I would consider moving Lehner under pretty much no circumstances. The return would have to be ridiculous. I think Lehner will be a top 5 goalie in the league for well over a decade.

Not quite as sold on that as I used to be, but I'd also be hard pressed to move Lehner.

26Do You Trade Anderson? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Trade Anderson? Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:58 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Do not doubt The Lehner.

27Do You Trade Anderson? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Trade Anderson? Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:47 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Do not doubt The Lehner.

Thing about Lehner vs Anderson, when there's heavy traffic in front of Anderson I fear for Andy getting injured; when there's heavy traffic in front of Lehner I fear for the forwards daring to invade the inner sanctum.

Do You Trade Anderson? - Page 2 Tumblr_static_lehnereyes

28Do You Trade Anderson? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Trade Anderson? Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:35 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

dennycrane wrote:Stat I heard on the radio today.

Save % Since Last Year's Olympics:
1. Anderson .935
2. Price .934

If you think that Anderson can keep this up, do you consider moving Lehner? I think Anderson would be a better fit for a team in contention, Lehner may be a better option for a team like Edmonton.

You would need to be getting a top 5 pick or a star for Lehner. Anderson can't keep that up for 1, he's proved he can't and 90% of goalies in the NHL couldn't. 2, Lehner puts up similar numbers when he is receiving starting minutes and has proven he can carry a team. 3, Lehner isn't even in his mid 20's.

Like Tim said, the deal for Lehner would have to be out of this world.

29Do You Trade Anderson? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Trade Anderson? Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:40 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

You're forgetting 4, Lehner is Swedish.

30Do You Trade Anderson? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Trade Anderson? Fri May 15, 2015 12:20 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I guess this is super relevant again. Let's get this thread going.

31Do You Trade Anderson? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Trade Anderson? Fri May 15, 2015 5:53 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:I guess this is super relevant again. Let's get this thread going.

Hmm. Very true. So the question is "Do You Trade Anderson?" Let's see what people think.

32Do You Trade Anderson? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Trade Anderson? Fri May 15, 2015 6:17 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

ive been clear on this subject. it's me against the world is seems. FTW!

33Do You Trade Anderson? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Trade Anderson? Fri May 15, 2015 6:36 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yes

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum