GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All things 2014 Playoffs

+16
spader
Vandelay
DefenceWinsChampionships
asq2
SensHulk
Hoags
NEELY
wprager
LeCaptain
sandysensfan
SeawaySensFan
Ev
Flo The Action
shabbs
tim1_2
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 65 of 67]

961All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 65 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Sat May 24, 2014 1:04 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ev wrote:Lazar has already accomplished more in his hockey career than spezza
He ain't no Jubliee Fine Jeweler's face though...  ain't no one got no nothing on Spezza for that...

Wink

962All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 65 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Sat May 24, 2014 1:19 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

One thing we do know is that one of the Sens prospects will win the Memorial Cup.

Lazar for the Oil Kings
Harpur for Guelph.

Pulling for Lazar. It's a huge task to take on Guelph. They have been dominate throughout the tournament. But anything can happen.

963All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 65 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Sat May 24, 2014 5:25 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

sandysensfan wrote:One thing we do know is that one of the Sens prospects will win the Memorial Cup.

Lazar for the Oil Kings
Harpur for Guelph.

Pulling for Lazar.  It's a huge task to take on Guelph. They have been dominate throughout the tournament.  But anything can happen.

Eleven periods of hockey in two days. That's a lot. The Storm have been sitting around waiting. One game, who knows.

964All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 65 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Sat May 24, 2014 10:27 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

LA up 3-2 in the third... heading to the PP...

965All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 65 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Sat May 24, 2014 10:31 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:LA up 3-2 in the third... heading to the PP...

Good game.. Quick is unreal.

But I do wish those Kings fans would stop constantly banging on the glass. It is so freakin' annoying. Don't they know how to clap? or fist pump or something else.. How about drinking with two hands so they don't have one free to bang the glass.

966All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 65 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Sat May 24, 2014 10:35 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Chi is gonna have to grind... LA is in the zone.

967All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 65 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Sat May 24, 2014 10:49 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

LA wins. Take a 2-1 series lead. Big game 4 coming up.

968All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 65 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Sat May 24, 2014 10:57 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Habs @ Rangers on Sunday night at 8:00pm ET.

969All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 65 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Sun May 25, 2014 8:17 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

f the habs.

970All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 65 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Sun May 25, 2014 8:52 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Stepan is their #1 center by most stats (most face offs taken by a wide margin, tied for second in scoring, second in icetime among forwards).

Prust, not so much.

Both Gallagher and Briere have expressed their doubt (?) as to the severity of the injury. Hard to disagree with them -- the guy got up and was yapping at Prust, making motions like he wanted to have a go at him. Missed a couple of shifts and then finished the rest of the game. How does the, then, need a plate inserted to stabilize a broken jaw the next day?

Then Therrien told the media (before it became officially known via the Rangers) that Brassard would be playing and that they knew what his injury was. A bit similar to how Vigneault knew that Tokarski would be starting G2.

Gamesmanship, or is this series about to turn nasty?

971All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 65 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Sun May 25, 2014 8:53 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Therrien's quote for those who missed it (translated):

"We expect Brassard to play & know exactly where he's injured. Hockey's a small world."

972All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 65 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Sun May 25, 2014 8:57 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Brooksie is all up in arms:
http://nypost.com/2014/05/24/therrien-threat-demands-review/

The NHL, which came up small in its response to Brandon Prust’s jaw-breaking late hit on Derek Stepan in Game 3 with a sentence that would allow No. 8 to return to this series if the Canadiens can win one of the next two games, now must investigate Montreal again, and specifically coach Michel Therrien.

It is up to the league — and this would fall under the province of the commissioner — to determine whether Therrien essentially placed a bounty on Derick Brassard, the Rangers’ center who will return for Sunday’s Game 4 after missing all but the first 3:05 of the series, sidelined thereafter with an upper-body injury he sustained on a blind-side hit from defenseman Mike Weaver.

973All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 65 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Sun May 25, 2014 9:03 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Don't forget, 4PM start for the Memorial Cup Final game before the Habs@Rangers game four.

974All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 65 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Sun May 25, 2014 11:13 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nice, back to back big games.

975All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 65 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Sun May 25, 2014 12:31 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Stepan is their #1 center by most stats (most face offs taken by a wide margin, tied for second in scoring, second in icetime among forwards).  

Prust, not so much.  

Both Gallagher and Briere have expressed their doubt (?) as to the severity of the injury.  Hard to disagree with them -- the guy got up and was yapping at Prust, making motions like he wanted to have a go at him.  Missed a couple of shifts and then finished the rest of the game.  How does the, then, need a plate inserted to stabilize a broken jaw the next day?  

Then Therrien told the media (before it became officially known via the Rangers) that Brassard would be playing and that they knew what his injury was.  A bit similar to how Vigneault knew that Tokarski would be starting G2.

Gamesmanship, or is this series about to turn nasty?

He may have had a sore jaw and his anger over the hit probably caused him to get up and try to go after Prust.

The guy had surgery and had a metal plate put in his jaw to stabilize it. I don't know how Gallagher & Briere can say the injury isn't severe. The more those Habs open their mouth.. the more stupid they seem and are. I so hate them worse than the Leafs..

976All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 65 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Sun May 25, 2014 12:35 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Therrien's quote for those who missed it (translated):

"We expect Brassard to play & know exactly where he's injured. Hockey's a small world."

I think the game tonight could get out of hand IF the refs let it get that way. You don't come out publicly more or less saying your team is going to target the injury on another player. What they say behind doors is one thing, but to come out like that just plain stupid.

I guess their theory is injure the Rangers best players and we have a chance to win. He should realize - it works both ways.

977All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 65 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Sun May 25, 2014 2:08 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's already worked the other way, or are you forgetting that the Hab's best player is out of the series?

Thrown it's not saying anything we don't already know about hockey--every team will use any advantage, including targeting injuries. It didn't start with Clarke on Kharlamov.

I think what Therrien is doing here is planting a seed of doubt in Brassard's mind. Maybe it he thinks they know what asils him he won't be as eager to go into the dangerous places.

978All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 65 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Sun May 25, 2014 2:09 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Nice, back to back big games.

Oh and I forgot Russia/Finland, on now. Got my Team Russia jersey on. :-)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum