GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+19
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
asq2
TheAvatar
Fulcrum
Hobiesens
LeCaptain
spader
Flo The Action
SensHulk
Ev
Hoags
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
wprager
sandysensfan
shabbs
NEELY
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 65 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Haha that's such a great cap hit for the Kings for a legit 30 goal scorer.  Best run team in the NHL with the Hawks.  Winning cures all.

As long as Gaborik doesn't pull a disappearing act on them for 7 years, it's good for the Kings.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

You get 25 goals out of a cap hit at under 5 mil, w/e, lol.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Veteran forwards Dany Heatley + Ryan Malone will have to be patient in free agency. Willingness to take 1 year deals will draw attention.

I'll be amazed if Heatley gets a 1 year deal somewhere.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:Wonder what the cap hit is.  5 mil per year, or less because it's soooooo long.  Maybe it's in the 4.5 per year area.
Gaborik 7Y/$34.5MM.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:Haha that's such a great cap hit for the Kings for a legit 30 goal scorer.  Best run team in the NHL with the Hawks.  Winning cures all.

As long as Gaborik doesn't pull a disappearing act on them for 7 years, it's good for the Kings.

He's signed for an AAV of $4.9M until he turns 39. It's fair to say the last few years'll be a problem.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

He's signed for an AAV of $4.9M until he turns 39. It's fair to say the last few years'll be a problem.

Uh, yeah...

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Apparently there's no cap penalty for the Kings if Gaborik retires early.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not saying I wouldn't have made that signing - I would have, but it's about right in terms of $$. Any more and it would have been poor - any less and it would have been a real coup.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Not saying I wouldn't have made that signing - I would have, but it's about right in terms of $$.  Any more and it would have been poor - any less and it would have been a real coup.

What's in between those two options? Oh yeah, just right. Plus they got the player for NOTHING at the deadline and he contributed to a Cup win.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Gaborik signing is amazing IMO.  Guy was as big as you can be on a cup run while winning it.  Amazing deal for the Kings and they will get a lot of goals from him playing with the players they have there already.  Good on both sides there.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NOt a fan of Gaborik. He'll play about 50% of that deal.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:NOt a fan of Gaborik. He'll play about 50% of that deal.

probably play 75% due to injury and will retire and not hurt their cap hit because he signed before turning 35. if he doesn't and keeps playing with the cap going up and up that price won't look too bad if you ask me. no big loss, everyone gets what they want.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Apparently there's no cap penalty for the Kings if Gaborik retires early.

Isn't that the general rule when you're under 35?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bobby Mac says Toews and Kane will ink new contracts for $10M+ per year.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Bobby Mac says Toews and Kane will ink new contracts for $10M+ per year.

Not exactly. He said they were coming in at 12 million a year and it might get down to 10 million.

He also said double digit salaries will become the new norm. That's pretty scary.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Not shocking... at all.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Not shocking... at all.

Nope. Inflation everywhere, especially in growing industries. Remember when gas was only 3 digits including the decimal?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Bobby Mac says Toews and Kane will ink new contracts for $10M+ per year.

Not exactly.  He said they were coming in at 12 million a year and it might get down to 10 million.

He also said double digit salaries will become the new norm.  That's pretty scary.

And people think we'll resign Ryan for $5M-$6M Laughing3 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum