GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Arbitrary thoughts from this young season

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Arbitrary thoughts from this young season Empty Arbitrary thoughts from this young season Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:34 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Things I've learned/noticed that have interested me:

Feel free to add your thoughts for Dung and giggles!!

1.Anaheim has zero offense - and Giguere has so far looked really uninspired.

2.LA is woeful. They might win the odd game - but they probably shouldn't.

3.Detroit is no longer the best team in the West. That's right. It's San Jose. Seeing Boyle and Blake slamming pucks at opposing goalies is a scary sight. Not to mention Cheechoo looks great.

4.Cheechoo annoys me. I didn't realize it until recently. Screw you and your fist pumping goal celebration every time you score. It got old on the 2nd goal you scored.

5.Pittsburgh actually sucks. Everyone was picking them to win the East during the summer - and most of us here couldn't understand why. The injuries to Gonchar and Whitney have sealed the deal IMO. They'll be fighting for a spot.

6.Boston is terribly underrated and will spank teams badly this year to open people's eyes. And yes...they can totally score.

7.Montreal is amazing. From what I've seen thus far they look like the Sens of the last few years. Size and superstar skill might see them defeated in the Finals, but I wouldn't bet against them right now.

8.Jose Theodore sucks and in a funny twist of fate Huet has been below average. Hahahahah.

9.Take a team lightly and you lose. Case in point, Florida coming into Atlanta to be savaged 7-4 and Anaheim skulking out of LA with a 6-3 loss.

10.Tampa Bay sucks and their D is rubbish. No love lost here - I'm not a fan.

11.Minny continues to be uber-boring.

12.Chicago's one injury away from missing the playoffs (if they're even in the running) and it's gonna be Toews. Teams are running him heavily into the boards...because they can.

13.Calgary looks horrible. Every facet - especially Kipper. Not Dion though, he's awesome. So is Iggy. It won't be enough.

14.Colorado would be better off putting a toilet plunger in nets and seeing what kind of numbers it puts up - at least it would suck less (Smile). As everyone told them, Budaj sucks.

Last edited by 504Heater on Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Yep agree with you 100%.. Montreal will probably breeze through the regular season, finish first in the east, then lose in the first or second round again...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I hate to say it Smash....but only if Philly makes some adjustments can Montreal be held back from going to the Finals.

Although injuries could hit at any moment...

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

yeah we'll see... They are good, but it will all depend on Price IMO... That glove side still looks weak...

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nice post Heater!
You know i've been saying Boston will be a force this year. They have 3 legitimate scoring lines, and have revamped their D, and for a trap team, that's AWFULLY worrisome. I hope they spank the Habs tonight, and then suck arse on Saturday! LOL

As for Colorado, I just posted a blurb that I found while reading Spector's about how the rumors are they may pursue Khabi, and for the life of me, I couldn't help wondering why aren't they calling Murray about Gerber?

Anyway, as always, I love your rants and viewpoints dude... and Pittsburgh, in my view, will struggle all season long, while tough teams like Philly, Boston and *pukes a little in mouth* Montreal *gag* may indeed be a leader all season long. But, we musn't forget the Rangers and the always dark-horse Devils...

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot my almost FOR SURE darkhorse pick for the West is definitely Phoenix! This season they will leave many slack-jawed!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

True enough. I forgot about that. Add them onto the list!

I haven't seen the Devils play once this year. Too boring and there's always some other cooler game on, but they'll be good this year for sure.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I hate to admit it, but you're right. I watched about 5 mins the other night of the devils and rangers game, and after yawning about 3 times in under 5 mins, I switched over. I couldn't take it...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:I hate to admit it, but you're right. I watched about 5 mins the other night of the devils and rangers game, and after yawning about 3 times in under 5 mins, I switched over. I couldn't take it...

Oh yeah, you got Center Ice ey? No Diddle Philly/Pens game last night. Blacked out or some BS. Mel and I were not happy.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

actually, the philly-Pens game was on TSN2 dude...
And trust me, I watched up until the end of the 2nd before my migraine became WAY too unbearable... Stupid brain tumor! LOL

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:actually, the philly-Pens game was on TSN2 dude...
And trust me, I watched up until the end of the 2nd before my migraine became WAY too unbearable... Stupid brain tumor! LOL

TSN2? What channel is that on - and is it free?

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:

I don't think Rogers has picked it up yet.. I think we are the only ones in the country without it... Man do I ever dislike Rogers sometimes.. But then I really don't like the others even more.. I can't win! LOL

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:I hate to admit it, but you're right. I watched about 5 mins the other night of the devils and rangers game, and after yawning about 3 times in under 5 mins, I switched over. I couldn't take it...

Oh yeah, you got Center Ice ey? No Diddle Philly/Pens game last night. Blacked out or some BS. Mel and I were not happy.

I have CI, but it's been all over the place this year so far... Half the games aren't listed, so i'm not even sure if they played or not..

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TSN2 is free for me. On my bell, TSN is channel 400, and TSN2 is 401.

For what it's worth, I'm not that crazy about Bell, but so far (it's been 3-4 years now with Bell) they've been WAY better than Rogers EVER was.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

smash88 wrote:
504Heater wrote:

I don't think Rogers has picked it up yet.. I think we are the only ones in the country without it... Man do I ever dislike Rogers sometimes.. But then I really don't like the others even more.. I can't win! LOL

I'm gonna Dung down their throats if they don't set us up with it soon.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:TSN2 is free for me. On my bell, TSN is channel 400, and TSN2 is 401.

For what it's worth, I'm not that crazy about Bell, but so far (it's been 3-4 years now with Bell) they've been WAY better than Rogers EVER was.

Yeah I used to have Bell, but I just found the TV packages for Rogers was better, and I really can't stand the sympatico internet... Soooo.. I'm with Rogers, but this TSN2 stuff is really starting to bug me, i'll be extremely pissed once the Tennis season starts up again.. If I miss the Australian open because of Rogers not having TSN2 i'll seriously cause some major trouble! LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum