GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Columbus Blue Jackets :: 7:00pm ET :: Tue. Jan. 28th, 2014

+9
Flo The Action
Oglethorpe
SensHulk
Ev
tim1_2
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Having Gryba, Methot and Cowen in there keeps teams pretty honest. Those are big dudes.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

spader wrote:
NEELY wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:This will probably be the last game in the Da Costa experiment, especially if we lose.

Honestly, I'd rather have Kassian in the lineup.

We're 2 points back of Columbus, and 3 out of a wild card spot.  This is as "must-win" as a game can be at this point.

Kassian should be in this game because Columbus is a team that will come out and bang bodies, throw some shots, and skate away smiling.  Da Costa should not be playing tonight but he will.

Multi-goal Gerber Baby says what?

Happy he's got that monkey off his back because if he isn't producing then he's pretty close to useless. If he can get rolling a little then that's nothing but good things for the Sens but I like everyone else question that.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKing wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:This will probably be the last game in the Da Costa experiment, especially if we lose.

We're 2 points back of Columbus, and 3 out of a wild card spot.  This is as "must-win" as a game can be at this point.

These anti-jynx posts never disappoint  Laugh1 

I couldn't believe it when Da Costa scored...especially when he scored a SECOND goal! Pretty funny that the two big whipping boys came through with all the goals. I am perfectly happy to continue anti-jinxing any and all Sens playes.

Nice to see Matrix have another solid one. This was a really big W, especially with a tough schedule ahead (Lightning, Leafs, Pens, Blues (2nd half of back to back), Sabres (easy), Bruins (Saturday afternoon), and then the Olympic break. If we can go .500 in that stretch, I'd consider that a positive.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

The Bruins will be missing Chara that game as well I believe as he will be carrying the flag so that's a huge break for the Sens and chances are they see the backup with Rask going to the Olympics as well.

Toughest game will be that St.Louis game without question.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
LeKing wrote:

I couldn't believe it when Da Costa scored...especially when he scored a SECOND goal!  Pretty funny that the two big whipping boys came through with all the goals.  I am perfectly happy to continue anti-jinxing any and all Sens playes.  

Nice to see :MTx:have another solid one.  This was a really big W, especially with a tough schedule ahead (Lightning, Leafs, Pens, Blues (2nd half of back to back), Sabres (easy), Bruins (Saturday afternoon), and then the Olympic break.  If we can go .500 in that stretch, I'd consider that a positive.

Hmm. You mentioned one whipping boy. Who is the 2nd? Surely not Spezza?!?!?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
LeKing wrote:

I couldn't believe it when Da Costa scored...especially when he scored a SECOND goal!  Pretty funny that the two big whipping boys came through with all the goals.  I am perfectly happy to continue anti-jinxing any and all Sens playes.  

Nice to see :MTx:have another solid one.  This was a really big W, especially with a tough schedule ahead (Lightning, Leafs, Pens, Blues (2nd half of back to back), Sabres (easy), Bruins (Saturday afternoon), and then the Olympic break.  If we can go .500 in that stretch, I'd consider that a positive.

Hmm. You mentioned one whipping boy. Who is the 2nd? Surely not Spezza?!?!?

INCONCEIVABLE!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

There were two plays last night where Michalek looked like vintage Michalek. The first was where he danced up the middle of the ice, carried the puck to the net and Da Costa scooped it in, the 2nd was when he absolutely blew by Murray (I had to check who let him get past) and took it to the net with authority.

Is he...turning the corner, or am I daring to dream?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It should also be noted that we actually won without Turris, Mac or Ryan registering a point!  Ahhhhh! 

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:There were two plays last night where Michalek looked like vintage Michalek. The first was where he danced up the middle of the ice, carried the puck to the net and Da Costa scooped it in, the 2nd was when he absolutely blew by Murray (I had to check who let him get past) and took it to the net with authority.

I think he's been "turning the corner" for a while now. I don't think he was ever playing quite as bad as some people thought, but he's certainly been improved in the past 10 games or so. The numbers aren't there yet, but neither were they there for MacArthur early in the season, despite the good play.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:What?

Spezza put that one in, not Michalek.
Yep.

Just like it says.

Didn't realize "9mm" was Spezza's new nickname.

shabbs wrote:9mm on the PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Don't you know I have a time machine? Wink

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:There were two plays last night where Michalek looked like vintage Michalek.  The first was where he danced up the middle of the ice, carried the puck to the net and Da Costa scooped it in, the 2nd was when he absolutely blew by Murray (I had to check who let him get past) and took it to the net with authority.

He was certainly flying last night.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum