GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+20
xzel
Oglethorpe
ddt
Number Twenty Nine
Hoags
Hobiesens
rooneypoo
TheAvatar
SensHulk
sandysensfan
SeawaySensFan
spader
PTFlea
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
LeCaptain
NEELY
shabbs
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'd be surprised if the Canadian Jrs get a medal at this point. Here's some thoughts after watching the game today...starting with the positive:

- Lazar's pretty great. He's playing on the 3rd line for the Juniors, and not getting any PP time. That said, I watched him throw 4 hits in one shift, and then backcheck hard the next, breaking up a scoring opportunity. Then he was instrumental in the 3rd goal for Canada, which was short-handed. Lazar gets a lot of PK time. Sutter started using Lazar more in the 3rd and OT as he realized that Lazar was one of the few Canadian players going at 100%.

- Sutter's a dummy. After McDavid took a couple bad penalties, Sutter benched him for most of the 3rd and OT. Then he picks McDavid in the shootout after the kid hadn't played in close to an hour.

- Our goaltending sucks. Paterson was pretty terrible. For this reason alone, I see us having a tough time getting a medal.

- Sutter was dumb again. Hey, this Dumba kid has the flu and is obviously dead tired...let's play him a ton!

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

They looked sloppy, weak on the puck. Tough loss but not surprising. We knew this wold be a tough tourney due to their youth.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Why didn't lazar or horvat shoot?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lazar is on the top pp, tim

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Lazar is on the top pp, tim
Nice to see he has 2-way ability. The Sens need that.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Lazar is like Turris on steroids

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Lazar FTW!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

How long until he's an NHL impact player? I realize hell probably be in Ottawa next year, but how long h Tim he's making a big impact? 3, 4 years?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:How long until he's an NHL impact player?  I realize hell probably be in Ottawa next year, but how long h Tim he's making a big impact?   3, 4 years?

Pretty much.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Lazar is on the top pp, tim

I watched the entire game and I didn't notice that.   Vertigo

Of course, I don't believe anything you tell me. #brieretoottawa

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:How long until he's an NHL impact player?  I realize hell probably be in Ottawa next year, but how long h Tim he's making a big impact?   3, 4 years?
I imagine he'll be on the fourth line for a while. probably the PK if he shows he can handle it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
I imagine he'll be on the fourth line for a while. probably the PK if he shows he can handle it.

He'll be here when Neil's contract expires.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What the heck are they talking about on the tsn panel? Ryan on team USA is a debate? I don't think so.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:What the heck are they talking about on the tsn panel?  Ryan on team USA is a debate?   I don't think so.

Ultimately, it's not my decision, and I won't be cheering for team USA anyway, so do I really care?

But he is 5th in scoring among US born players, 3rd in goals. He's third in scoring among right-wingers. He may not get any PK ice time but he is 6th in +/- while playing on a team that sits 19th in that category (the five guys above him play on Chicaga, St. Louis and LA -- teams that sit 1st, 3rd and 5th in team +/-). Don't know about you, but that's pretty indicative to me that he is a *very* good player defensively. Of course if you actually watch him play that becomes pretty obvious.

But if he gets to rest up for the last 23 games then all the better, provided the Sens aren't double-digits out of it by then.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's absolutely not a debate. Ryan will be on Team USA.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's a debate for their management.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Phaneuf $7 x 7 is a done deal.

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 4 Bc0me72CIAM_uzZ

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:It's absolutely not a debate.  Ryan will be on Team USA.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/bobby-ryan-left-off-u-olympic-roster-sochi-141951120--nhl.html

Kevin Allen of USA Today, who has his finger on the pulse of the USA Hockey braintrust, left Ryan off his final roster projection for Sochi, with this explanation:

The most difficult decision was leaving off Bobby Ryan (Ottawa Senators). He might be en route to his fifth 30-goal season. His hands are exceptional. But the Americans are deep on the wing, and other players have more to offer. Ryan is not a skater, nor a defensive zealot. Wheeler was my pick over Ryan because of his speed, size and reach. All are important on the wider surface.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum