GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pre-Season Game 4 - Ottawa @ Toronto - Sept 24

+10
Flo The Action
spader
NEELY
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
rooneypoo
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
Ev
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 11]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:That's what they did with Schubert a while back and fact is Kassian is there just to be there.  
You think Murray went out and acquired a tough bastard like Kassian - pretty much specifically for our division - just to waive him?  Not happening.
That was a need last year because we had a lot of rookies. One year older, with guys like Neil and Cowen, we don't really need Kassian. Let's face it, he is not an NHL player.
I never found him to be a detriment on the ice really.  Still doubt Murray waives him at this point.  That's just my opinion.
I respect your opinion. I think Bingo needs a fighter more than the Sens at this point.
They are for sure trying to develop Kramer in that role... lots of AHL goons available though. Kassian can take a somewhat regular shift in a normal NHL game.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:That's what they did with Schubert a while back and fact is Kassian is there just to be there.  
You think Murray went out and acquired a tough bastard like Kassian - pretty much specifically for our division - just to waive him?  Not happening.
That was a need last year because we had a lot of rookies. One year older, with guys like Neil and Cowen, we don't really need Kassian. Let's face it, he is not an NHL player.
I never found him to be a detriment on the ice really.  Still doubt Murray waives him at this point.  That's just my opinion.
I respect your opinion. I think Bingo needs a fighter more than the Sens at this point.
They are for sure trying to develop Kramer in that role... lots of AHL goons available though.  Kassian can take a somewhat regular shift in a normal NHL game.  
Oh yeah, I forgot about Cosmo Kramer.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kassian likely won't go anywhere. Either we have existing injury issues which will necessitate a couple more guys (Da Costa/whoever) sticking around out of camp, or Murray will attempt to deal guys that otherwise would have to go through waivers.

Barring everything else, maybe we carry the max # of players to start the season. A guy like Conacher isn't guaranteed a lineup spot, and may be subject to numerous benchings, opening a spot for a Da Costa/whoever.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's Da Costa and Hoffman you need to find room for. Why waste an asset right now. JOB will be waived and play in the minors I assume. At least keeping Da Costa and Hoffman will breed ridiculous competition and allow for people to be scratched to keep them honest from time to time.

But...it might be the band aid thing where you rip it off and waive or trade one of Da C or Hoff and call it a day.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:Kassian likely won't go anywhere.  Either we have existing injury issues which will necessitate a couple more guys (Da Costa/whoever) sticking around out of camp, or Murray will attempt to deal guys that otherwise would have to go through waivers.  

Barring everything else, maybe we carry the max # of players to start the season.  A guy like Conacher isn't guaranteed a lineup spot, and may be subject to numerous benchings, opening a spot for a Da Costa/whoever.
They already said they are going to carry 23 all year.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i'd be gutted if we lost hoffman on waivers. i'd been high on him for some time. to watch another team scoop up our drafting efforts.... urgh:facepalm: 

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm gonna have to do this again.

1.Spezza
2.Michalek
3.Ryan
4.Turris
5.MacArther
6.Conacher
7.Greening
8.Zibanejad*
9.Neil
10.Condra
11.Smith
12.Pageau*
13.Kassian
14.Da Costa
15.Hoffman
16.Wiercioch
17.Karlsson
18.Methot
19.Cowen
20.Corvo
21.Phillips
22.Gryba
23.Anderson
24.Lehner

Well...that's unfortunate. Still missing one spot. Only two waiver free guys, neither of which are likely to go back.

Gryba is injured right now, perhaps that gives Ottawa a week or so more to think about it.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sending Z-Bad back wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, at least in the short term, but yeah, I don't think that'll happen.

I also don't think they'll carry 23 guys all year, since $$$$$$$$$$$.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Sending Z-Bad back wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, at least in the short term, but yeah, I don't think that'll happen.

I believe you're alluding to the budget there.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Sending Z-Bad back wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, at least in the short term, but yeah, I don't think that'll happen.

Makes little difference, you have to pay Hoffman, Da Costa, Kassian etc. the same amount of money in AHL or NHL

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I don't think kassian is going anywhere. He's a pretty popular guy in the dressing room and u need one enforcer around unless sens want to let young guys like dizzy get knocked out against rivals....

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Again, they have come out and said they will be carrying 23 guys all year.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:

And it's totally fabricated because MacLean said in an interview they will be taking 23 guys all season long.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

And it's totally fabricated because MacLean said in an interview they will be taking 23 guys all season long.
Don't bother with these guys. They'll be going on about the 'budget' all year(s) long

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
NEELY wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Don't bother with these guys.  They'll be going on about the 'budget' all year(s) long
What's all this about the budget now?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The only budget talk around here should be about wprager skimping on everyday purchases

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

BUDGETBUDGETBUDGET

I'll bet you $20 that Ottawa does not have a 23-man roster for the entire season.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Budget - budget - budget - budget (the the tune of "Pageau-Pageau-Pageau-Pageau")

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum